It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cubes, Everywhere in movies (symbolism)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Transformers,
Avengers
Ice cube.
21 jump streeet

Just wanted to point out the hollywood cop out lately, Cubes, an importance to the fabric of our universe. Well at least in hollywood.

Paranoia got to me today and the symbolism which is very important to me. Hollywood in my opinion is modern prophecy coming to action, such as odd ball writers like Stephan King. Or Mario bros the movie showing the destruction of the world trade center.

media is now modern prophecy in my opinion, more symbolic than acutal fact. For example, those who believe in a end of the world opening dimensional portal, may relate to stephan king work "the mist".

Either me or not, media is a complete human consciousness that is connected through writers.
\
So, back to cubes.

So symbolism is obviously easy. The fact that humanity strives for something new lately, with concepts of freedom (which was mentioned in avengers as loki said that freedom is fake, not a marvel fan, just find these things interesting) A cube i considered to be immense power in Hollywood movies.

Honestly, the cube is a representation of our universe (3d dimension)(cube) which in fact is our entire power in the universe, to build extract, create, etc etc. So obviously and easily, cubes are representation of trying to elevate into a higher level of power (consciousness)

This is just genral chit chat and open to interpretation.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
very well interpretted. also the tesseract is also a cube which aims to describe the flow of dimensions within dimensions. or universes within universes.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
The cube represents mans interpretation of reality and self as in bondage. That just about sums it up.

How to fully explain this... could take pages lol.

Squaring, normalcy, dictation and control....

It only takes a polyhedron to measure volume and such, not a cube. It's 3 dimensional, not 4. Some imply that the 4th dimension is just the 3rd plus time. They are incorrect. Time is just movement of the 3rd, nothing more... everything is already available for time, and time is just a manifestation of the 3rd, not a product of the 4th.

The third powers create cube, but that does not suggest that a cube is necessary for measuring volume.

You can have n^2 x m... how it translates into philosophy is a lengthy subject...

I suggest that it has to do with Justice and mans perception to keep it short.

I could be wrong, so I look forward to others opinions.

numbers associated are... 111, 112, 123, 222, it's association with the dual octahedron then gives rise to equilateral triangles and polyhedrons...

if any of this makes sense, let me know what you think... if it doesn't, don't feel left out... I know I did a horrible job at trying to relay this.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
So obviously and easily, cubes are representation of trying to elevate into a higher level of power (consciousness)

Since we are in the 3rd dimension, and seeing Hollywood put it that much in our faces, wouldn't it be to "embed" us even more into it ( 3rd dimension ), instead of being for our growth, elevation?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS
The cube represents mans interpretation of reality and self as in bondage. That just about sums it up.

How to fully explain this... could take pages lol.

Squaring, normalcy, dictation and control....

It only takes a polyhedron to measure volume and such, not a cube. It's 3 dimensional, not 4. Some imply that the 4th dimension is just the 3rd plus time. They are incorrect. Time is just movement of the 3rd, nothing more... everything is already available for time, and time is just a manifestation of the 3rd, not a product of the 4th.

The third powers create cube, but that does not suggest that a cube is necessary for measuring volume.

You can have n^2 x m... how it translates into philosophy is a lengthy subject...

I suggest that it has to do with Justice and mans perception to keep it short.

I could be wrong, so I look forward to others opinions.

numbers associated are... 111, 112, 123, 222, it's association with the dual octahedron then gives rise to equilateral triangles and polyhedrons...

if any of this makes sense, let me know what you think... if it doesn't, don't feel left out... I know I did a horrible job at trying to relay this.

nice post. and indeed man is in bondage. in bondage by the reality.. the only reality they are allowed to perceive.. except when dreaming in sleep. we must find the secret door so to speak.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
In Avengers it's a tesseract, which is a 4-dimensional "cube" with all sides equal. It symbolizes the gateway to the dimension 1 higher than ours, hence why they believe it is so powerful. It's important to note that it still appears as a 3-dimensional cube since the only thing we can see is its intersection with 3-space, not the whole thing. It would be just the same as if we were confined to a 2d plane, and a 3d cube intersected with that plane, we would only see the 2d intersection which would manifest itself as a 2d shape.
edit on 24-5-2012 by SilentKoala because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentKoala

indeed. and this is the method hollywood has used symbolism for basically since inception of movies, scripts play writes and theatricals. once you can decode the symbols. u see it everywhere and how blatantly the "secrets" were placed in plain sight

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Borg cubes in Star Trek an have you seen the movie Super 8 about a group of kids makeing a movie back in the seventys with a super 8 camera?They sneak out one night to shoot some scenes near a railway track an wittness an inardvertintly catch on film a horrific train crash.The train is loaded with thousands of strange white cubes wont spoil it for anyone whom hasnt seen it .

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
And of course hell raiser movies centred around cubes that take you to a hell dimmension

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by NowanKenubi

i disagree with this. cubes are power, once you have a cube, release it, opening the potential ascension

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

When the signal is bad a lot of cubes appear on the screen from the digital technology.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

Would you explain how? Thanks.

I'm really interested to learn.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Look no further...

Cube (film series)
en.wikipedia.org...

All three films are based on the same premise: there is a gigantic, mechanical, cubical structure of unknown purpose and origin, made up of lots of smaller cubical rooms. Each of these rooms has six doors, one on each face of the cube, which lead into adjacent, identically decorated rooms, only differing by color. Some of these rooms are "safe", while others are equipped with deadly booby traps such as flamethrowers and razorwire. In some cases it is possible to detect a trap by throwing an object into the room first, although this method is not always reliable due to the trigger mechanism of certain traps.

In each case, a group of strangers awakens in this mysterious structure, without any knowledge of how or why they are there. In order to escape from the prison, they must band together and use their combined skills and talents to avoid the traps and navigate out of the maze, while also trying to solve the mystery of what the cube is and why they are in it. However, the pressure of being in the cube generally turns one of the prisoners into a homicidal maniac who preys on the others.

No symbolism here, keep moving along..

new topics

top topics

join