Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Nancy Pelosi Slammed By Washington Post Over Tax Cut Proposal ...

page: 1

join

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I have tried to long to get this story out to you members. Link problems and the shift on the inter webs.
Anyhow here you are. Make of it what you will. I hope you all get at least the news of the slam. No other threads.

Nancy Pelosi Slammed By Washington Post Over Tax Cut Proposal ...
educationviews.org/2012/05/24/nancy-pelosi-slammed-by-washington-post-over-tax-cut-proposal...

9 hours ago ... The Washington Post editorial board on Wednesday night slammed House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) for pushing to permanently ...

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
So the post is against tax cuts for the middle class? These tax cuts would help out many small business owners. The more tax cuts the middle class gets the better for the economy. Good thing this isn't class warfare that only happens to the wealthy that the rights supports.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
So the post is against tax cuts for the middle class? These tax cuts would help out many small business owners. The more tax cuts the middle class gets the better for the economy. Good thing this isn't class warfare that only happens to the wealthy that the rights supports.

Hi buster,
I have a sneaky suspicion you did not read the link.
Please read and come on back.
cheers ljb
ps clue the Post slammed her.
I thought you were talking about my post not the POST lol
edit on 5/24/2012 by longjohnbritches because: read the link

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

The Washington Post editorial board on Wednesday night slammed House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) for pushing to permanently extend “middle class” tax cuts for people earning up to $1 million, warning that it makes Democrats look “almost as irresponsible” as Republicans defending tax cuts for the rich.

So a millionaire is middle class!!!!

Oh that Pelosi she is priceless

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

The Washington Post editorial board on Wednesday night slammed House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) for pushing to permanently extend “middle class” tax cuts for people earning up to $1 million, warning that it makes Democrats look “almost as irresponsible” as Republicans defending tax cuts for the rich.

Hi neo,
Yes she is. If you can find the AOL picture of her that accompanies their article you will smile.
Cheers ljb

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

You and the op really should work on your English comprehension skills.

It's people earning up to a million dollars not millionaires.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I'm not sure what she is even talking about.

She may not know what she is talking about.

Tax cuts are fine, but the article points out:

By raising the middle class threshold from $250,000 to $1 million, about 43 percent of federal revenue will be lost in 2013, the editorial continues, and that is likely to be the case for subsequent years. An unintended effect of Pelosi's proposal is that those earning more than $1 million would be among its biggest beneficiaries, as they would enjoy the benefit of paying lower marginal rates on their first $1 million of income.

"Ms. Pelosi and others who have taken this position ... are contemplating spending several hundred billion dollars over the coming decade to help the wealthiest Americans. That is several hundred billion dollars in a time of scarce resources and mounting debt -- money that could be used, as Ms. Pelosi well knows, for worthier purposes," the editorial reads.

Nancy Pelosi Slammed By Washington Post Over Tax Cut Proposal

This would "force" an equal amount in "spending cuts" as well ?

I think she is talking crazy as usual.

She knows full well the Democrats will never support this I think ?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Maybe we need not learn how to read at all Buster.
A picture is worth ALL the words. lol
Thanks for the smiles xuenchen.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
I'm not sure what she is even talking about.

She may not know what she is talking about.

Tax cuts are fine, but the article points out:

By raising the middle class threshold from $250,000 to $1 million, about 43 percent of federal revenue will be lost in 2013, the editorial continues, and that is likely to be the case for subsequent years. An unintended effect of Pelosi's proposal is that those earning more than $1 million would be among its biggest beneficiaries, as they would enjoy the benefit of paying lower marginal rates on their first $1 million of income.

"Ms. Pelosi and others who have taken this position ... are contemplating spending several hundred billion dollars over the coming decade to help the wealthiest Americans. That is several hundred billion dollars in a time of scarce resources and mounting debt -- money that could be used, as Ms. Pelosi well knows, for worthier purposes," the editorial reads.

Nancy Pelosi Slammed By Washington Post Over Tax Cut Proposal

This would "force" an equal amount in "spending cuts" as well ?

I think she is talking crazy as usual.

She knows full well the Democrats will never support this I think ?

Instead of concentrating on taxes, the congressmen should be cutting spending.

I mean shutting down entire agencies. - EPA -

Then shut down the Dept. of Education. Turn it back over to the states.

- Think income & Out go -

Reduce the spending.

Reform the Big 3. - Social Security - MediCare - MediCaid -

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Let's not reform SS. Let's put Congress on it.
PS all the branches. lol
edit on 5/25/2012 by longjohnbritches because: bth

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I do love watching the Liberals eat their own. Thanks for posting this. You made my week.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
I do love watching the Liberals eat their own. Thanks for posting this. You made my week.

You are welcome.
There seems to be plenty to go round in the Big Fat Country Club.
cheers ljb

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Just an Update on the DEbate

Bush Tax Cut Extension: House Republican Leaders Plan Summer ...
www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/25/bush-tax-cut-extension_n_1546703.html

21 hours ago ... WASHINGTON — The House will vote this summer on continuing ... In a memo to fellow Republican lawmakers, Cantor said the House would vote on ... toward legislation that would actually become law after the elections, with ... Friday's announcement by Cantor of Virginia showed that Republicans are ...

Crap you'd think I worked for the Huff.
lol ljb

new topics

top topics

join