It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello there chaps

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Watagwan (London thing, more fun than hello) people of this fine forum of great knowledge and insight. Speaking is a 19 year old male currently residing in the glorious city of London, England. To some of you, my age will instantly signify that I have barely lived, severely lack experience and generally know nothing about the world. Well I say that I can mathematically and to some degree of accuracy, prove that your assumption is unfounded (but don't ask me to cause I can't really be bothered).

Anyways I'll skip all the get-to-know-you BS cause there are for more important things to discuss on this corner of the internet. The information that used to reside in this sentence has been censored. I've been ardently reading the contents of this site for about half a year now and have decided to jump in the fray. On the most part people here seem to be generally quite knowledgeable, civilized, shrewd and most importantly open minded. But I guess I might as well lay out my stance on certain topics being discussed. Politically I'm staunchly libertarian in orientation, if we're going to be putting a label on things. I have a lot of complicated views on a wide eclectic of subjects so don't bother trying to fit me on a single axis political spectrum, you'll just get lost. I'll just say for the benefit of my American friends that Ron Paul is a goddamn legend, and if you want to drastically improve your country domestically and on the global stage, there is nothing more worthwhile you can do right now than to lend your full support in every capacity to this man.

In regards to the Freemasons and the Illuminati. The latter has got to go, humanity is destined to make sure of this and enter a new age of peace and prosperity for all life on this planet. Members of the former have got to take responsibility for their beloved fraternity and join the opposition against the top rungs of the pyramid, for the benefit of the organization and for the sake of mankind. As for all these secrets and suspicious behaviour, it all seems a bit silly and counter-productive. You talk of the universality and brotherhood of man and you claim to safeguard enlightening knowledge, yet you hide it and your activites so zealously from the rest of us. I'm sure there's something I'm missing here (as is any Mason who hasn't reached the "Illuminated" degrees) but that doesn't seem very brotherly and honest to your fellow man who you claim to deeply care about. Anyway, I hope there's room for one more aboard the ATS mothership and I look forward to partaking in discussions as the highly entertaining story of us homo sapiens continues to clumsily unfold. Peace out etc.
edit on 24-5-2012 by MagnaCarta19 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Welcome aboard

You might want to remove that little drug reference, they get kinda antsy around here.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by MagnaCarta19

Welcome to the fold. I am sure you will find many like minded people to discuss things with here.

Have fun and see you in the forums.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Ah, I was afraid of that. But then again I thought this was the kind of place that realizes that Fox news and the medical industry lies about weed and that it's undeniably awesome. Whatever if the governance around here has a problem with it, feel free to remove. I'm really not bothered.

and thanks for the welcome

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

You can actually remove it yourself by editing your first post. There is a 2 hour timer on all posts you make, within those 2 hours you can edit to your hearts content.

ETA There did used to be a drugs forum on here apparently but it got so out of hand they decided to remove it and now have a zero tolerance policy towards recreational use or references. Just a friendly pointer.

A mod might be along shortly with some helpful links and also the Terms and Conditions. It's mentioned in there.
edit on 24/5/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Why thank you kind Englishman in the Netherlands.. Amsterdam by any chance?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

You're welcome and no, I live in the large part of Holland that isn't Amsterdam. I'm in a village at the moment but not for much longer.
ETA Amsterdam is about an hour and a half away using public transport. (And a bike cos the bus stop isn't close by grrrr! I hate bikes, so much work pedalling)
edit on 24/5/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

But do I have to? Is it expressly against the rules to declare one's love for mary?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I would remove them, a mod will if you don't, may as well avoid rapped knuckles and a lovely T&C sticker.

Anyway, welcome to ATS from a Northern Englishman.
edit on 24/5/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

I see, well I hope you're enjoying it. The Netherlands is one of my favourite countries. Whereabouts in England do you originally hail from?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagnaCarta19

But do I have to? Is it expressly against the rules to declare one's love for mary?

Yep:

16e.) Illicit Activity: Discussion of illicit activities, specifically the use of mind-altering drugs & substances, engaging in computer hacking, promoting criminal hate, discussing sexual relations with minors, and furtherance of financial schemes and scams are strictly forbidden. You will also not link to sites or online content that contains discussion or advocacy of such material. Any Post mentioning or advocating personal use of illicit mind-altering drugs will result in immediate account termination.

We don't want you gone when you just got here.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

From the list of conditions you agreed to when you signed up here:

16e.) Illicit Activity: Discussion of illicit activities, specifically the use of mind-altering drugs & substances, engaging in computer hacking, promoting criminal hate, discussing sexual relations with minors, and furtherance of financial schemes and scams are strictly forbidden. You will also not link to sites or online content that contains discussion or advocacy of such material. Any Post mentioning or advocating personal use of illicit mind-altering drugs will result in immediate account termination.

i) Narcotics and illicit mind-altering substances: Due to abuse of the subject matter by some (promoting various aspects of personal use, and discussing actual personal use), no new topics on this subject are allowed in any form.

ATS T&C's

Like a previous poster noted, it is always better to remove it yourself.
We don't want to attract unnecessary mod attention straight away.

It's about the only rule you sometimes need to watch out for as far as I can see. Let me rephrase that, it's the only rule I sometimes have to think about before posting. Being charming and polite has always been second nature to me.

As for where I'm from, all over would probably be the best answer. My Dad was in the army for years so every 3 years we had to move to wherever he got posted. I don't really have roots, let's put it that way.

ETA Do you plan on going to the Olympics by any chance?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

Oh alright I'll behave. Still though, why the need to censor something like that? I guess it's still kind of controversial in the 21st century, but I thought ATS is all about handling controversial matters.

And hello there Northern countryman, is the weather still #e up there? It was like Mallorca in London today, not gloating or anything I bloody hated it =D

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

25c in Cumbria, I'm sitting here now in shorts with all the windows open, and it's supposed to be hotter later on today, I'm heading to the shore methinks.

Crazy considering just two weeks ago it was snowing, mind you, the weather here in the lake district is unpredictable at best.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Yeah yeah I understand, I can play by the rules (but you can't make me =D)

Funny you should ask. I have tickets for several events but I really don't feel like potentially getting blown to smithereens in some badly coordinated joint MI6-CIA false flag operation, only to have Fiona Bruce of BBC news tell the nation how I was tragically killed by Mustafa and Mohammed something or other. I'm still going mind. We didn't cower when Hitler ordered the blitz, and we're certainly not going to cower because Adolfo Nicolas and those pesky Rothschilds feel they have a divine right to rule us all.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

Yeah mate it's nuts, if it stays like this Brighton is going to be the next Ibiza. I'm not happy one bit. A true Englishman doesn't feel right unless it's pissing it down and there isn't a ray of sunshine in sight. Spain can keep the searing heat, I want moderation and balance.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

LMAO! So you are aware of the possible scenario that is rumoured, you answered my question.
It seems a bit far-fetched to me to be honest but who knows, maybe V (for Vendetta) will show up and play us a little music.

ETA Moderation and balance is fine but you forgot about the hosepipe ban.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

That would be thoroughly epic. Anyways I suspect all will be generally ok, especially if Benjamin Fulford hasn't been BS'ing us. But as always, proceed with caution.

Edit: Moderation and balance = no hosepipe ban. Why can't people wash their cars the old-fashioned way anyway? Pay some disgruntled youth (like me) a tenner to slave for an hour with a bucket and a sponge, simples
edit on 24-5-2012 by MagnaCarta19 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Hidey Ho!

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

I was thinking of weather, moderation and balance. Like temperature and rainfall only...

The rain in Spain falls mainly on the plain...

Where it falls in England is anyones guess but that leaky old Victorian water network might need a little renovation?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join