It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Love corrupting The Youth Of Today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
So, my young friend came over to borrow a DVD or two. While looking, he sees my collection of Star Trek DVDs and he asks me about Star Trek. He'd always heard the phrase "beam me up Scotty" but had never actually seen a Star Trek episode or movie. He asks me about what is it about so I start telling him about the show. He got interested and decided to watch a movie. So I showed him The Wrath of Khan. He's about fifteen years younger than I am.

And now he wants to come over and start watching all of Star Trek over the weekends with me. It's going to take a while, of course, because I have a large, if incomplete collection of Star Trek DVDs, but he wants to see as much as he can. So for the foreseeable future, he's going to come over and watch a couple of DVDs a weekend with me so I can explain to him about how Star Trek is supposed to work and Gene Roddenberry's thoughts on what it is supposed to represent.

So in short, I've created a new Star Trek fan.

This is the same guy who's from the city and used to run with the gangs when he was younger and came up here to get away from the city and make a new life for him and his wife. I get kind of tickled at him when I'm taking he and his wife to go do some grocery shopping. He really likes looking at cows, especially the black cows that have a white ring around their middle. He says that's the weirdest thing he's ever seen. They're called Belted Galloway cows. He likes to yell out the window "MOOOOOOOOOO!" at the just to see if they'll hear him and respond.

He also gets excited when he sees deer.

So in short, I corrupted him to us small town country bumpkin ways. Shame on me.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Kudos. It's nice be able to watch that transformation in others. One warning, though. Don't show him any DS9.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

So another Trekkie is baptised.................good for you!

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Star Trek???? KHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!

Star Wars guy myself. I do enjoy Star Trek though. At least the movies.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I like Star Wars, Star Trek, Babylon Five, Battlestar Galactica (Original), Sliders, and Buck Rogers.

new topics

top topics

join