It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parma will cut new currency

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Parma will cut new currency

translate.google.com

New currency will circulate alongside the euro, plans to cut the "antimnimoniakos' new mayor of Parma Federico Pitsaroti in an effort to find solutions to the problems of the city. At the same time course studies and obtaining low-interest loans from local banks.

In this way, as stated by the Italian media, thinking to tackle the huge debt of the municipality, valued at six hundred million euros, but also to reinvigorate the local economy.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
As we can see the problem across europe is far worse with realstic and upto afew months ago was considered a taboo topic to even mention such an outcome and here we are today, an idea that is ever expanding across the world that some things that have been imposed are simply wrong and do not fit or should i say, they are experiments that have failed.

translate.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 24-5-2012 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Local currencies are common enough around the world - there are dozens of them in the EU zone already and hundreds of local exchange trading systems in the UK alone.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Not sure what you mean, but within the Euro there is only one currency you purchase anything with and that is the euro.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by cerebralassassins

Read the articles.

Local currencies are exactly that - they exist in localities, and are used between people who agree to use them - they are not legal tender, so you can choose to refuse to accept them, but they are common and well understood.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

I did read that and in theory it sounds normal but in practical day to day business it simply does not happen. In all my years the only thing that comes close to what you have is when i give a friend some carrots and they give me eggs, thats about all i have been exposed to.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
Local currencies are common enough around the world - there are dozens of them in the EU zone already and hundreds of local exchange trading systems in the UK alone.

Wow nice find .Aloysius.
I was not aware of these facts. Thanks for the heads up. I'll have to rethink the EU coming collapse.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

In practical, day-to-day applications local currencies are used by thousands or millions of people every day all over the world. I have a couple of friends who use them in parallel with legal tender depending on the good or service being offered or sought and by whom.

You should not deny yourself the opportunity to learn something new based on whatever it is you are using to ignore reality in this case.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

so u really did not just say that,,,
there is only one currency,,,the Euro,,,,

ok,,,,

THE MARK,,
,ring a bell,,u know german mark,,
,well now that i think about couldn't call it the European MARK,,
i guess.

how about the drachma,,?? no?? Peso?? ohh maybe?

there is only one currency,,,the Euro,,,,?????????????????????????

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome

so u really did not just say that,,,
there is only one currency,,,the Euro,,,,

ok,,,,

THE MARK,,
,ring a bell,,u know german mark,,
,well now that i think about couldn't call it the European MARK,,
i guess.

how about the drachma,,?? no?? Peso?? ohh maybe?

there is only one currency,,,the Euro,,,,?????????????????????????

Again, not sure what you mean, but if you do business within European member states on a day to day level you only do buisness with the Euro, although you can aslo use foreign currency and go through the process of, for example euro to dollar exchange rate..., but the official european memeber state currency is the Euro.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonegurkha

Wow nice find .Aloysius.
I was not aware of these facts. Thanks for the heads up.

you're welcome. IIRC in the USA there have been many local currencies too - issued by banks or even companies for various reasons - it really, REALLY is not a new idea.

Edit - found this - wooden nickels in the USA and trade tokens as examples of non-legal tender currencies.

I'll have to rethink the EU coming collapse.

I don't think it's relevant to whether the EU will collapse or not, or even just the "Eurozone".

IMO the Euro crisis will result in whatever states remain in the Eurozone having to come closer together politically as a super-state - modern national currencies are backed by sovereign governments - the problem with the Euro is that there is not a single over-arching sovereign entity that controls it in the way that a national government controls a national currency.

So Greece, Spain, etc., could happily do whatever they wanted with their economies, but the resultant mess screws with a currency that is not limited to their jurisdiction. Changing back to drachma or peso's or lira or whatever will not solve their problems - it will not pay off their debts, and if they choose to default on their Euro debt then who is going to want to lend to them in the future and what will their local currency be worth??

Making the idea of the Euro a scapegoat for stupid national policies is just that - scapegoating - it is meaningless and useless as a way forward to solve the problems.

The problems were over spending and concealing it - with the help of banks to be sure bu the banks didn't force the countries to do it! And when you overspend and get too much in debt you will often have trouble paying it back - it really is that simple!
edit on 24-5-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

In practical, day-to-day applications local currencies are used by thousands or millions of people every day all over the world. I have a couple of friends who use them in parallel with legal tender depending on the good or service being offered or sought and by whom.

You should not deny yourself the opportunity to learn something new based on whatever it is you are using to ignore reality in this case.

Again, i choose to use the Euro atm when dealing with europeans for simple reasons like, if and when a problem arises it makes legal proceedings far easier. As for other forms of currency with transactions, i use the usd, gbp, euro, and aud.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by cerebralassassins
Again, i choose to use the Euro atm when dealing with europeans for simple reasons like, if and when a problem arises it makes legal proceedings far easier. As for other forms of currency with transactions, i use the usd, gbp, euro, and aud.

And that is fine - I am not saying otherwise. For the vast majority of people the local legal tender is what they use all the time every day.

I am just pointing out that local currencies are not actually unusual - even though most people never use them.

Edit - I've just thought of an alternative currency that used to be in use all the time - milk tokens for home delivery when I was a kid - if you lived in Australia or the UK for any time up to late 1970's you probably remember them - small plastic "coins" you put in empty milk bottles at the gate instead of loose change so local kids had no incentive to steal your money!! (blush!) lol they are a classic example of a non-legal tender currency.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
We have local currencies in North America as well, the Canadian Tire Company scrip is probably the best known;
en.wikipedia.org...

It's not a new idea but it's a good one, more localities should just tell the big banks and reserves to stuff it and introduce something like a scrip or local currency, it's perfect for a barter-style economy as well.
edit on 24-5-2012 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Canadian Tire Company scrip

local urban myth guy paid for his Canadian Tire,,with 2 siutcases full,,of Canadian Tire Company scrip

manager to automotives please,,,,

i aint counting it,,,,,,,,,lol

top topics

join