It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are (nearly) all Believers!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Hello fellow ATSers. There is no UFO or Aliens in this thread, just something I like to clarify with our so-called believers and so-called debunkers.

Unfortunately it's culture these days on ATS to be either called BELIEVER or DEBUNKER. I would like to argue that there is no such thing as a debunker on the UFO&Alien forum. In my opinion any person setting his/her foot into this forum is a BELIEVER. True some are easier to convince, some have more questions and need them to be answered before believing.

Is it not true that we all come here with an interest in UFO's or Aliens? If not why am I, or are you on this forum? What brings you here?

So to me we are all believers, just with different degrees. We all want it to be real.

The person that is in here without the slightest interest or curiosity in this subject, can only be either a dis-info agent or some sick troll with way too much time on his/her hands.

Mods: Please remove my next part if I'm not in accord with the rules.

People like Gortex (just to name one respectable member) is usually labeled as a debunker, even though he said many times that he believes, but because he rejects 95% of all UFO&Alien threads as either hoax, mis-identification...etc. is being labeled. There are of course many members that are labeled as debunkers and they are not. But I wont name any further persons as I'm not even sure if I can name any1.

THIS CULTURE IS DANGEROUS AND HAS TO BE STOPPED.

We all need more manners when communicating with each other. No matter what side you are on. Now I'm sure that some of you may feel annoyed with my preaching, but I swear to god that I love ATS and spend a lot of my time on different forums, but the UFO&ALIEN forum has so much frustration and anger in it, that prevents me from reading with pleasure through the posts. I believe there are many people feeling the same way.

I truly am sorry if I wasted anyone's time, but I thought that maybe on this thread we can come together and find a common ground to deal better with future issues.

What do you guys think?

Thanks for reading and your precious time. Much appreciated.

StringTh

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by StringTh

Well said, I too am a believer, but to be honest, I have yet to see anything that has made me believe 100%. That's life though..

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I feel some "debunkers" simply trolls though. You can shave a trolls head, but something about them just screams of the crazy doo they used to rock.
)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by MattiasDesigns

I agree with you. I have maybe seen 2 or 3 footage that I cannot explain. There are just too many fake and mis-identified objects to go through, but I'm certainly a believer like yourself.

Thanks for your opinion.
StringTh

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Zox720

The difficulty is to know who really is a troll or less educated (I'm one of them) person. That's why it's best to leave those you think are trolls in their own world with no attention. Labeling has to stop.

StringTh

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
So an atheist that debates a religious person is secretly a believer? No. Some people just like to argue or persuade others to their way of thinking.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Debunkers are wolves in sheeps clothing... in that they want you to think they're on your side only to destroy your credibility... scientific jargon and all... but worse they instantly discredit you if you lack anykind of education equaling theirs... But infact all they are is vampires sucking the loosh out of humanity while deflecting the truth!

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I think its true that we all believe, or at least want to believe, but finding that unquestionable proof is what has us divided. The main problem with this is that there will never be proof to this level. In todays day and age and level of technology and software out there, hoaxes are getting better and more difficult to point out, because of this, even the best video can be explained in one way or another. The only way one is going to truly believe they have seen true alien crafts is to be present at its landing and have a close encounter of the third kind or a President stands up and admits to contact. Therefore this entire forum, unfortunately, has become nothing more than beating a dead horse.

Some of the vids and personal accounts are really fun to watch and read but there will always be a way to show them to be faked. It's the same for paranormal investigations as so much can be faked with the special effects of today and the level CGI has reached and will reach tomorrow.

Something I also have noticed is that people, both in the UFO and paranormal research areas, seem to have decided that, simply because it CAN be reproduced it automatically PROVES it is hoaxed, when in actuality in some cases it proves nothing but that it can be reproduced. It does not PROVE that is what it was or was done that way. I think this has come about because so many have been badly hoaxed as even the best CGI can be digitally broken down.

Then we have secret government craft that we have no idea about and can only speculate or official "wistleblowers" giving testimony that in some cases is too far out there for some of us to take at face value, regardless of reputation. There is so much against true proof that we must rip apart everything in the hopes that one day we will find that one piece of truly unexplainable evidence or that one piece of alien proof be it DNA or what ever that the "Scientific Community" accepts as fact.
edit on 24-5-2012 by Agarta because: fixed punctuation

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Hmmm.....first you say this:

The person that is in here without the slightest interest or curiosity in this subject, can only be either a dis-info agent or some sick troll with way too much time on his/her hands.

then you say this:

We all need more manners when communicating with each other. No matter what side you are on.

I am not convinced that we are being visited by aliens.....but I have an interest in the subject, I am neither a dis-info agent or a "sick troll".

How do you justify showing more manners to sceptics when you consider them to be "dis-info agents" or "sick trolls"?.....do you not see the irony in that statement?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

People are not created equal... their actions prove this! Just educate yourself in all the ways of humanity... and be okay with people not wanting to be equal... and treating people like so!

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
So an atheist that debates a religious person is secretly a believer? No. Some people just like to argue or persuade others to their way of thinking.

But then you assume that those people are here just to mess with people, and those I call troll. People that derail conversations with the aim of having fun. Of course on other peoples cost.

As to your comparison: I think you need to research about how atheism came to be. In fact I am an atheist, through and through. Take my word for it. Atheism was born as a protest to all the known religions. It is not true that atheists believe in nothing, they just refuse to label it.

Interesting input. Thanks
StringTh

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by putnamcrab
Debunkers are wolves in sheeps clothing... in that they want you to think they're on your side only to destroy your credibility... scientific jargon and all... but worse they instantly discredit you if you lack anykind of education equaling theirs... But infact all they are is vampires sucking the loosh out of humanity while deflecting the truth!

I'm afraid you are labeling. This is exactly what I try to change mate.

StringTh

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Cannot argue with anything you said. It really is getting harder to evaluate so called proofs, but since we are here why not taking it more easy on each other. IMO. And it is not directed at yourself, you seem like the person I can have efficient discussions.

Thanks for that.

StringTh

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

Its really simple... its the way a skeptic responds to a believer that makes them a debunker, when a sketic says there is no proof, maybe itsa mental thing, could be a bird, or anything that casts a shadows on the experience of the believer and then belittles the believer makes them a debunker! Are you skeptic? or a Debunker?
I am sure a brisk flight through your post history will tell all...

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
It'd be silly to not believe in some sort of intelligent life outside of our planet.

but to think they've been here, or are here? well that's kind of stretching it.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll

Hmmm.....first you say this:

then you say this:

We all need more manners when communicating with each other. No matter what side you are on.

I am not convinced that we are being visited by aliens.....but I have an interest in the subject, I am neither a dis-info agent or a "sick troll".

How do you justify showing more manners to sceptics when you consider them to be "dis-info agents" or "sick trolls"?.....do you not see the irony in that statement?

1. With "No matter what side you are on" I mean on the scale of being a believer, so no contradiction there. At worst I expressed myself wrong in english. Thank you for that.
2. I said if you have any interest then you are not a troll, so I dont see how you could misunderstand this. I have not labeled any1. Just going through the possibilities.
3. I am not either convinced that we have been visited, and I also have an interest in this subject and I am not a dis-info or troll. If you understood from my OP that I mean to disrespect the skeptics, then there can only be two options. 1.Either my english is so bad that I cannot make my point or 2.You just got me wrong.

I am here calling for manners and you tell me that I did the opposite?

StringTh

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

I didn't assume anyone was here to mess with people. There are people that like to debate others, I would not call them trolls. A troll is someone that says something to purely invoke an emotional reaction from you which they usually don't agree with themselves.

Atheism by definition is a lack of belief in a God, it is directly comparable to someone who doesn't believe in Aliens.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Really? I set forth what a debunker is... that's not a label... I am not sure what life lessons you've learned. You cannot equalize everyone. They don't wanna be equal, and some people are quite pleased with the "labels" they've garnered.
And if you haven't met anybody that doesn't want be equal, then let me be the first to invite you to the states were we are in the biggest fight of our lives not to be equal with anybody... just sayin' lett'em debunk its good for the arguement

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by paradox

I agree life is out there, just how far out there is the question. And yes it is stretching it, but to our limited knowledge of our universe and our current science.

StringTh

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

I like how you attempted to differentiate the difference between the two but I submit some people do not know the difference or do not have debating skills so their debates come across as trolling. In the same token I have known some trolls that actually debate better while trolling. Really its a matter of people not putting a thought together and thinking about their reply before posting that causes issues sometimes, me thinks.
edit on 24-5-2012 by Agarta because: spelling

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join