It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mblah's Tomato Basil Feta Stuffed Pork Chops

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I am not a big pork eater but this was delicious! I think I have a new favorite dish to cook

I wish I thawed out two pork chops so I can make more. Im still hungry!

It's a quick and easy meal, about 30mins total for everything between cooking and prepping. Most of the time is cooking it lol

Mblah's Tomato Basil Feta Stuffed Pork Chops

Ingredients
Thick cut boneless pork chops (how many depends on how many mouths you plan to feed
)
Tomato Basil crumbled Feta cheese. (I got this at my local grocery store)
Sliced tomatoes
Fresh basil leaves
S/P
olive oil

Directions
Make a butterfly cut in the pork chop then put a couple tomato slices down, top with crumbled feta, then add a couple fresh basil leaves and top with a couple more slices of tomato. Fold pork chop back over and seal using toothpicks. If you dont have them it's fine, it just helps keep things from falling out.
Lightly drizzle extra virgin olive oil in a glass baking dish then add pork chops. Sprinkle with S/P and bake at 350F til inside is no longer pink. Time varies depending on size but no less than 20mins.

As a side I chopped up yellow squash, zucchini and green beans and sauteed them in a pan with olive oil, a little butter and S/P. I love this veggie blend and could literally eat it every day.

Enjoy!

edit on 5/24/2012 by mblahnikluver because: color code

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
This sounds great. I need to run to the grocery store. S&F.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Goooooood Grief!!!!!!!!!!! That sounds amazing! I don't have the chops right now, but I'm going to try it with Chicken Breasts and let you know how they turn out.

As a matter of fact, I better get to work right now.

Thanks

edit on 5/24/12 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePublicEnemyNo1

Let me know how it turns out with chicken!

I normally would have made this with chicken but I had a pork chop that I needed to use so I went with it. I was happy with the results since I had never made this before. I got the feta on sale at Publix and I have mostly used it in omelette's or on sandwiches. I have definitely added this to my personal cook book! I love to cook and I'm always wanting to make something new.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

I just put it in the oven. However, my recipe differs the OP's (he gave me the idea). I didn't have any of the stuff he used, so I improvised
But goodness, my mouth is watering for his recipe and I can't wait to try it!

The pics are just before I put it in the oven. I will take another pic when it comes out. I used Chicken Breast, stuffed them with asparagus, tomato, chopped garlic and chopped olives(olives were stuffed with almond) and I used fresh parmesan cheese.

Then I topped them with onion slices, a dollop of fried chinese chili garlic (under the tomato), oregano and more tomato and asparagus ends. The spices I used are simple and there's a picture below.

Will update after dinner and thanks again Mblah

ETA
I also drizzled with olive oil according to Mblah's recipe and we will have a side of long grain rice as well.
edit on 5/24/12 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Don't even need to think about this...gonna give it a try!

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

It was delicious

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   

WOW that looks amazing!!

It's morning and I'm hungry....I could make this for breakfast

I'm glad you enjoyed it!

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   

OMG YUM!!

I think I'll make your version for dinner tonight even with the asparagus! MMMM!!

I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Where did you get your plates? lol Are those apples on them? I have an apple themed kitchen and I really like your plates

edit on 5/25/2012 by mblahnikluver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

I can't remember where I bought them...but I think they are turnips and they're made by Laurie Gates. The style is titled "Al Fresco".

new topics

top topics

join