It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There’s more water on Jupiter’s moon Europa than there is on Earth

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
"Remember that image from a few weeks back that showed Earth with all its water gathered up in a sphere beside it? Well here's that image again, only this time, it also features Jupiter's moon Europa, along with all of its water. Notice anything interesting?"

read more

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
That picture makes me wonder how that much H2O got concentrated there versus the Earth and other bodies. Chance? Initial distribution? I don't know, but it's an interesting question.

I wonder how big the sphere would be from the Oort cloud?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
"I hope that humans and fish , can learn to co-exist..."
G . Dubya

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Dump it on reactor #4... probably still not enough though

Awesome find!

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Getting realy pee'd off with all the people who keep trying to make us believe we are short of water.
There's LOADS OF IT.
And it does not run out either, where do you think it goes to? down a cosmic drain?

And that picture showing the little drop of water on the earth is complete bollox.

We have lots of water, they just want YOU to pay lots of YOUR money for it.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Alda1981

My comment is a bit unrelated, but...

How funny would it be if all the water in the world converged to form a ball and then floated into space, silently mocking us while we all dehydrate to death?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

I'm sorry but there is alot more water than that on earth than some little ball 1/4 the size of USA. Like the saying goes, don't believe everything you read. Don't believe everything you see either.
edit on 24-5-2012 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz

I'm sorry but there is alot more water than that on earth than some little ball 1/4 the size of USA. Like the saying goes, don't believe everything you read. Don't believe everything you see either.
edit on 24-5-2012 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

it represents water we can drink mate... I don't believe anything i read but it would be wise to actually read before commenting
being a smartypants isn't very productive in a forum now... is it?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar

My comment is a bit unrelated, but...

How funny would it be if all the water in the world converged to form a ball and then floated into space, silently mocking us while we all dehydrate to death?

that would be an awesome movie tbh...

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

"Remember that image from a few weeks back that showed Earth with all its water gathered up in a sphere beside it?

We'll maybe if you would put in your OP "drinking water" nobody would have a reason to be a smartypants. Instead of ALL its water.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

"Remember that image from a few weeks back that showed Earth with all its water gathered up in a sphere beside it?

We'll maybe if you would put in your OP "drinking water" nobody would have a reason to be a smartypants. Instead of ALL its water.

isn't that like common sense? i mean even a 5 year old would get we don't talk about sea water...

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alda1981
"Remember that image from a few weeks back that showed Earth with all its water gathered up in a sphere beside it? Well here's that image again, only this time, it also features Jupiter's moon Europa, along with all of its water. Notice anything interesting?"

No, I don't think that it is at all clear that it is only the earth's drinking water shown based off of your OP. It is also an unfair comparison to compare ALL the water of Europa to the smallest fraction of Earth's water and say "There’s more water on Jupiter’s moon Europa than there is on Earth". Most misleading.

I don't like being called less intelligent than a five year old for taking your OP literally because it is missing that important detail at all points.
edit on 24-5-2012 by Mkoll because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
actually, it is all of the water on earth. The "drinking water" only portion is smaller.

USGS link

This link from the USGS shows the same pic, but includes drinking water bubble, and lakes bubble.

Then again, this whole thread is a repost of elevenaugusts post here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 24-5-2012 by gavron because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by gavron

Beat me to it. That is not just drinking water it is all water. While there are a few deep trenches most of Earth's water is a thin layer on the surface.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

isn't that like common sense? i mean even a 5 year old would get we don't talk about sea water...

Really? If you told a 5 year old were talking about ALL the water on the earth would he know the difference between ALL the water or ALL the drinking water? LOL Nice try.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Really? If you told a 5 year old were talking about ALL the water on the earth would he know the difference between ALL the water or ALL the drinking water? LOL Nice try.

dunno bout you... our kids go to school though...

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alda1981

dunno bout you... our kids go to school though...

You seem to be inferring your kids would know they meant all the drinking water only. Your kids would be wrong. Find them a new school.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
drinking water ? Its hardly a scientific category ; even sea water can be drinking water , after desalination .

Fresh (rain) water is seawater after such a process (evaporation from the seas) .

The amount of groundwater / treated water / ready to drink at any one time or comparative useage bubbles would be of interest .

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

There are people of this planet that are well aware of the situation. Those that will lose revenue due to the coming shift in technology will imho lose out with oil. I believe oil will be replaced with clean free energy technology that will be at no cost. Those who profit from oil i believe are already looking for their next con, i believe its water. Now this could turn out to be a very significant statement and by my mentioning it i would hope that people can do anything they can in order to stop it.
Polluting the water here on Earth yet being the company contracted to supplying a planet by its only means via privately owned space travel???? Its a film storyline but think given what recent news stories.
I believe that the price of water is their next source of income that will replace loss. To ultimately increase profit water here on earth would have to be sparce or polluted? Gulf oil spill? Thats just one of a list of many.

I know its a totally ridiculous possibility but hey, its ATS

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Oh Dear God, here we go again!

Please read the sources, folks....

That is ALL THE WATER. Not just the drinking water. Not just the ocean. Not just what Desani has bottled. Not just Lake Erie. All of it. Including underground and polar ice.

If you choose to not believe the picture, that's fine. Your choice. People choose to be dumb all the time.

If you'd like to educate yourself a bit then look stuff up, do the math, and you'll find it's a reasonable representation of....again....ALL THE WATER.

For Christ's sake!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join