It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can people say that everything is made of energy and energy is light?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Truth is had by love. The objective world becomes more true when you say positive things about it.

Positive and negative have nowhere near as much bearing on the objective world, as how you choose to view it. If you choose to ignore the negative in a world you view as negative, the results will be obvious. If you choose to accept the positive in a world you view as largely positive, the effect will be similarly obvious.

When you think negatively, you express your desire to see less, and your free will is honored.

Thinking negatively is your perspective of the world. Thinking negatively does not guarantee that you will see less. Perhaps you think negatively because you see more. Desire to see less has nothing to do with negativity...it has to do with how you react to the world, which is purely subjective based upon individual desires.

Observation is necessary for experience. Without observation, all the glory of the universe would go to waste.

I agree with that.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

When you think negatively, you express your desire to see less, and your free will is honored.

Thinking negatively is your perspective of the world. Thinking negatively does not guarantee that you will see less. Perhaps you think negatively because you see more. Desire to see less has nothing to do with negativity...it has to do with how you react to the world, which is purely subjective based upon individual desires.

Desire to see less is fear. When you fear what is seen, you are desiring to see less. Thinking in terms of fear makes you cower away from observing reality, and therefore, you see less.

I think positive and negative are probably not appropriate terms to use though when referring to reactions to the world. The terms "more" and "less" would be more accurate. Love is more than hate.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

We are quality.

And very poor quality at that.

We choose our quality by the degree of truth we wish to see.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Wishing to see the truth is called learning. So you are saying that being studious is a quality and I agree.

When you say "we are quality" I think a more normal way to say that is "We are nature" or "We are being".

The simplest duality is "Be - Not Be". Something is either true or not true.

Maybe we should say"Everything is essence", "Everything is being" or "Everything is truth - lies are illusion"

Apple: round, green-like or red-like, white on the inside, juicy, firm on the outside
Tomato: round, red, squishy, clear on the inside, juice

When things lose their qualities, they began to disappear from reality. What is an apple if it was square instead of round, and not white on the inside and not juicy, not this is just a description of a block.

This is just an example but I hope people get my point with this.

It makes a lot of since to say all things are quality/essence/nature/being that makes up reality.

without different qualities, nature, or being, things could not exist...

If I say something water but its being wasn't wet, clear, or formless, is it really water?
if I say something human but t'was hairy, fluffy ears, tail, on hands and feet, tongue stickout, is it really human?

Everything is simply being and that is it, and each person with a "personality" that is just their being...

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

We are quality.

And very poor quality at that.

We choose our quality by the degree of truth we wish to see.

Most people would much rather take the blue pill. Many have already done so.

The nature of this species is so horrendous that no one can bear to look at it. That is why we have all been zombified, because we asked for it. We wanted it. It is only now, because of the shift in energies, that we have begun to awaken. But because we are already so far along, we believe we cannot stop it. So some still turn back, preferring the Matrix over reality.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Ever see the movie, "The Fifth Element?" Maybe the universe is 80% (or more) "dark" and the purpose of our "creation" is to rage against it?

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by 0zzymand0s

The Earth was perfectly fine before we arrived. It was only after we developed into our current species that the world turned dark.

I don't think the universe is dark. I think we are. We have not yet learned balance, but the time will come soon when we need it.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

How do you know the earth would appear to exist without knowing?
Have you heard of the double slit experiment?
Here it is if you have not seen it before:
youtu.be...

edit on 29-5-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
How can people say that everything is made of energy and energy is light?

Most of the universe is made of dark matter/energy. Only 4% of the universe actually contains light energy which is mostly gas like suns and stars. There is also no empty space, all so-called "empty space" is really dark energy. 99.9% of all atoms are empty space, thought!

People say that darkness is just the absence of light, but is this really true?

We already know that dark MATTER is an invisible SUBSTANCE that repels and distorts light. So darkness can not just be the absence of light. It is actually SOMETHING distorting and repelling light. It is an invisible substance.

Lots of questions on lots of levels here!

"all so-called 'empty space' is really dark energy." is sort of confusing because "dark energy" is not a commonly used term; "Dark matter" is a common term and allegedly occupies an estimated 84% of the matter in the universe and 23% of the mass-energy, according to Gary Hinshaw in "What is the universe made of?", on the NASA website.

The 99.9% empty space inside an atom is only true on the level of basic atomic theory. It used in elementary chemistry and such, disregarding physics and all quantum and smaller studies. It comes from the older ideas of Rutherford, Bohr and Schrödinger and works great for teaching the general idea of atomic structure but doesn't apply at the quantum level (of which your questions seem to be alluding).

If you aren't already familiar with it, check out the list of quantum particles and how they work together as the building blocks of "things" or matter. There can be many combinations of extremely small particles that make up energy - some combinations make physical, visible particles, other combinations don't.

Also check out the theories on "The God Particle" aka the Higgs Boson. Allegedly in a quantum mix that makes something physical a Higgs boson will be present. Other non-physical things will not have one.

Finally, there is background radiation and all types of very, very small energy waves and frequencies inhabiting our multiverse. String Theory and M-Theory will get into these. My interpretation of this is that ALL of everything has some underlying purpose (that I actually refer to as Karma - the Law of cause and effect). At some deep level there is Karma holding things in place via vibrating strings of energy,

I commend your dive into the Philosophy of Our nature!!

p.s. the Bible is a 2,000+ year old myth-based book written by men in search of power and has NO PLACE in a conversation about deep science like this!

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Nothing exists in reality, it only appears to. If there was no seer/knower of the appearance how could anything appear to exist?
Can a painting be painted without a canvas?

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Thermo Klein

The Bible does belong in a physics discussion...just because we don't know how to read it, does not mean it isn't worth discussing in science.

In fact, the Genesis code, melding Genesis with the Big Bang theory, makes a very good argument.

I believe there are numerological codes in the Bible that will begin to answer our most profound questions regarding the nature of the universe, and by extension, the source itself...which we call "God". Keep digging, and the answers will be found.

Just don't ask any questions if you don't want to know the answers. It's worked well enough for the blue-pill poppers so far.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Did you mean the Bible Code that wrongly predicted the apocalypse of Earth would happen in 2006, or the Genesis Code movie about the hockey player?

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Well, technically, if this dark energy were substance we could detect it with proper equipment, that's not the case. So calling it a 'substance' or 'matter' is false. It is a quantity nonetheless though.

It would be better to think of 'dark' energy in terms of the effects of a black body where the black body is an underlying field throughout all of space that obeys the uncertainty principle. This 'dark' energy then becomes the ground state to satisfy our equations.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infi8nity
Light is a frequency, every thing is a frequency so every frequency must be light meaning every thing must be light? NO, it derives from misinformed people and disinfo ass holes.

Yes, it does. Infact, to quote a particular physicist, all things are a kind of frozen light. The differences between the kinds of 'light' or objects are then a matter of calculation.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by imherejusttoread

you may find it interesting that Richard Gerber is not a Physicist; he is a Medical Doctor.

Although light fits into the electromagnetic scale, all frequencies on the scale are not light (or frozen light). It becomes a matter of etymology and calling all things "light" is simply incorrect.

ETA:
unless with frozen light you're hinting at Einstein's E=mc^2... but see my later post on the Electromagnetic scale.

edit on 29-5-2012 by Thermo Klein because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Many people on this thread aren't knowing or making the differentiation between levels of Energy.

Things like light and sound fall within the Electromagnetic scale:

Sound that humans can hear is roughly between fifteen (15) and 18,000 Hertz. Light that humans can see is roughly between 400-700 nanometers (or 10^15 Hertz if you wanna call it that).

Strings and vibrating reality (per String theory, etc) make up the multiverse/Universe, on the sub-quantum level, and don't show up on the Electromagnetic scale - they are smaller and different than that scale.

The Electromagnetic Scale deals mainly with "Contact forces" dealing with things like atoms and quanta of light - measurable things; it concerns the Electromagnetic Weak and Strong Forces. String Theory is below that level and deals with different dimensions of reality.

Some people could say that "all things are light" or "all things are sound" but it's wrong, and sort of irrelevant. I could argue that all foods are atoms but who cares... if you want to argue in that way you could say all things are Electromagnetic, but again you'd be incorrect because we understand levels that are smaller than that now.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Exactly, not all energy is light as some would want us to believe, some is radio waves, some is sound...

There is also thought frequencies and the positive thoughts have a higher range and the negative thoughts have a lower range.

The heart has an electromagnetic field too and it is possible to think with the heart.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I agree, but I believe those frequencies you mention are within String Theory dimensions and probably not measurable on the Electromagnetic scale.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

How do you know the earth would appear to exist without knowing?
Have you heard of the double slit experiment?
Here it is if you have not seen it before:
youtu.be...

WELL the universe was being observerd eons before humans came on the scene.Even on The planet Earth .Plants have being useing quantom physics an utiliseing the propertys of quantom physicss since forever. Im sure we alll know plants use light to produce energy /food through photo synthisis,But they only utilise a small spectrum of the wavelengths of light to derive energy from.About 3 percent of the spectrum,So how do they know wich photons to collect an what photons to discard,As I STATED THE UNDERSTAND THE DOUBLE SLIT EXPERIMENT .and that photons can travell in mant differebt directions at the same time.Therefore without wasreing any energy .They are able to collect the spectrom of of light ie food via pgoto synthisis with no extra energy exerted on there part.So in essence nature plants ect knew about quantom physics an used it to there advantage long before mammals or diinasaurs even evolved.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Our devices of measurement are only as effective as the minds who devised them.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join