It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should man rule over women for women’s own good?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by Greatest I am

There is some debate over the possiblity that Mary was the person who was supposed to lead the church...

She was apparently Jesus' favorite disciple... But obviously the men wouldn't have it...

I believe Christianity would be an entirely different religion if she was the original leader...

Perhaps even an actual peaceful religion as they claim.... as opposed to the reality of what we have today and in the past.

I know that Gnostic Jesus gave Mary Magdelain a high rank. I do not think Christians ever did.

Regards
DL

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope

Originally posted by Greatest I am
Should man rule over women for women’s own good?

Scriptures, and other myth’s, say that God determined that men should rule over women. This gives form, --- in a demographic sense, ---- to our common and society, and says that our demographic pyramid should have a hierarchical shape and or form. This initiates tension and has God demonizing woman, as well as any notion of female equality with man.

His motive must be for the good of women. Somehow!
After all, sanctity of the family is one of the main points of morality.

God was arguably right for his time. Think in the barbaric way. Below the belt. Thank God that time is almost past. Women in our modern world do not need man’s dubious ape like help. I hope you agree. Be honest now with yourself be you male or female.

Men have dominated women long enough I think. To give them equality would be justice.

What do you think?
What would real men do?
What would real women demand?
Do men and women have what it takes to be free?

Justice under law should be gender and age neutral, with limits, but with a good spirit of assuring equality. We do not administer that justice. We only give it lip service. Men are not walking their talk. Neither are women.

In Gods timocracy, a place of government in which love of honor is the ruling principle. All honors go to the Queen and her children. A king’s first responsibility is to insure the veneration of his queen. Honor demands it. He accepts this burden and pleasure wisely. The Queen, as the Beta archetype is the life of the kingdom. The archetypal king’s duty is to raise woman’s position. That means that all men have the same duty. That of not denying women equality and elevating her.

Men. Be good kings. You are making good just men look bad. Step up.
God wills it.

Women. Be good queens and demand what is yours.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL

Do you feel women aren't of equal worth?

I do not.

Regards
DL

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
As far as religious texts giving men authority over women, no surprise there. Who do you think wrote and interpreted the texts?

Personally, I believe women have the same intellectual capacity as any man. But having said that, I do believe there are certain strengths one gender has over the other.

Speaking very generally here, but men tend to be physically stronger and more aggressive. My father always said it was the man's job to protect his family. I kinda agree with that. It doesn't mean I'm a helpless ninny who must rely upon my husband for everything; but it's nice to know he's there.

There are certain things that women tend to do better than men: namely, women are gentler, more empathetic and compassionate. Women also are great nurturers.

Having stated the above, I want to be very clear: I have NO problem with men or women blurring these roles. I know I would make a horrible soldier, but that's me. There are women out there who would excel at combat, and so long as they can meet the physical requirements then I say go for it.

Yes. We should all have the choice of following our natures whatever they may be.

Regards
DL

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sublimecraft
I for one would like to see the women take control of the helm - Unfortunately you would be taking over a shipwreck.

And before you say "Margaret Thatcher / Julia Gillard etc etc and they didn't do any good" - thats because they were not allowed out of the corporate/political kitchen"

I mean women at every power level in every country - damn I for one would welcome the day.

Guarantee life would get a little better.

Go the Chicks

I think the Chicks are willing but male resistance is strong.
It is the real males of this world that need to be urged to demand justice.

Regards
DL

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by BellaSabre
For anyone who thinks men should "rule" over women:

There are many countries in the world where this occurs. Please move to one of them.

Thanks.

Most in North America need go nowhere then.
Or are you so blind that you see women here having equality?

I will give you that we are ahead of some but not enough to brag in any way.

Regards
DL

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by grandmakdw
When men rule over women it is normally because they don't have self control or feel men should have self control. They then subjugate the women out of a fear that because they have an urge to be unfaithful other men will want their women. Then they cloister the women (keep them in the house) and don't let them mingle with men who the male fears have the same uncontrollable urges they do.

Arranged marriage is a byproduct of men being raised not to have self control. The woman is forcibly assigned to a man for the purpose of sex. She frequently resents the man who she must submit to and he knows it. Then the male worries even more that she will stray because he knows his fellow men can not control themselves when it comes to sex.

When a woman is free to choose her mate, the male must control himself and behave in a civil manner to get the woman. If he is harsh with her, she can easily leave him. Therefore, he has to be nice to her to get sex.

It is a lose, lose when either rules over the other for society, marriages and families.

When all parties hold equal power they must all behave civilly toward each other and that extends beyond the family. Each must learn to respect the other and have self control so as to not be shunned by the other.

Women and men need to respect each other equally. Each family is then free to choose its own lifestyle. Housewife/househusband, both work, whatever works best for the individuals involved. Each must control their sexual urges and by exercising self control in this area learn self control in the rest of life, extending out into society.

Men and women working on their characters?
What a quaint notion.
Plato said that that was man's purpose in life. He and you are right.

Regards
DL

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wonders
I don't believe that men should rule over women and I don't believe that women should rule over men.
edit on 10/01/11 by Wonders because: To subtract

I agree completely.
From observation, there seems to be a lot of "single guys" on here, and not by choice. I suspect many will remain that way for the rest of their lives.... unless they're rich and hooked up with a doormat.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

Let's look at this in a different way. Men have ruled over women for the past several thousand years. How has this benefited women? They were bought and sold as chattel. They lacked basic human rights, such as testifying in court or means to escape abusive situations. Some were beaten, others ignored.

Violence against women is glorified in the rap music of the day, where every other word is a deragatory slur. Women are still victims of the sex slave industry.

Yeah....men have done an excellent job of looking out for women.

+ 1

All part of why I would like to light a fire under both women and men to a more just system on this issue.

Regards
DL

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lasr1oftheJedi

Everyone does this...everyone... God said woman should serve man, then in the next bloody paragraph, he says that man should treat his wife with all respect and love. She should be treated as a queen, just as much a woman should treat her man like a king. It's a respect thing, not a dominace thing. It always gets twisted by those that don't read one line ahead of what got em in a twist. Read the whole book, not just those paragraphs that upset you.

I have read it pal. With an opened mind, not your closed and fantasy laden one.

It shows the most immoral God the world has yet to invent. Not surprising when the bible shows that it was God's plan from the beginning to have Adam and Eve eat the forbidden fruit. This can be demonstrated by the fact that the bible says that Jesus "was crucified from the foundations of the Earth," that is to say, God planned to crucify Jesus as atonement for sin before he even created human beings or God damned sin.

If God had not intended humans to sin from the beginning, why did he build into the Creation this "solution" for sin? Why create a solution for a problem you do not anticipate?

God knew that the moment he said "don't eat from that tree," the die was cast. The eating was inevitable. Eve was merely following the plan.

This then begs the question.

What kind of God would plan and execute the murder of his own son when there was absolutely no need to?

Only an insane God. That’s who.

The cornerstone of Christianity is human sacrifice, thus showing it‘s immorality.

One of Christianity's highest form of immorality is what they have done to women.
They have denied them equality and subjugated them to men.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wonders
Where there is no law, there is no freedom, but as we have seen in the 40 years of wilderness, freedom can not be given to those who prefer slavery to death.
edit on 10/01/11 by Wonders because: To add.

Are you suggesting that women are quite happy in their slavery to man?

Are you saying that that is why man does not promote full equality?

Regards
DL

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
Only through mutual respect and admiration can we truely be successful. No gender should rule over another because no gender is superior to the other.
Those who feel that one should rule over the other are nothing but sexist, small minded, bigoted, egotistical ...expletives....
Those who scribed the Bible were in a male dominated society, they were male, so what they wrote favored the male. In other cultures, women were in charge and the religions and beliefs reflected that.
Both the male and the female are responsible for protecting one another. In most cases, the male is physically stronger due to biology. The female is usually emotionally stronger due to psychology. Together, they are stronger than either one is separately and should embrace that, not try to dismantle it by choosing "who is in charge".

+ 1

Regards
DL

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
In America, females are made into little princesses with pretty clothes, fairy tale themes, and seeking to be the center of attention. It never stops, even in the work place.

This automatically makes problems, because when one puts the Princess into the work a day world they have to be treated like Royalty. It doesn't work too well.

One sees the Princess effect because women won't do the high risk jobs, and if they really were equal the death toll of women in these wars would be the same as males. So, lets do stop the daddy's little princess theme that protects the female more than the male.

In China you don't see this sort of thing happening. Everyone wears the same Pajamas. Women are trained to serve, not to be served. It is an entirely different culture, where everyone tends to be equal and there are no princesses.

In the US, this Princess thing is the heart of the problems pushing feminism into the workplace. Lets take the females into the battlefield and have them complain about dirty words, dirty conditions, and let them play Princess there.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Be fair now, the Bible also says men should sacrifice themselves for their wives as Christ did for the church. It says husbands are to love their wives as Christ loved the church. Christ served the church, the ekklesia. So in context, husbands are to love and serve their wives.

Let's not cherry pick.

Ya. Let's not.

This commandment shows how women were less than other chattel.
Men are to love and protect what they own.

You shall not covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor’s.

Regards
DL

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by MagesticEsoteric

Wouldn't things be so much easier if no on ruled over any one? To each his own...that sort of thing. All are equal? I suppose that is just asking for too much though.

You are asking for chaos. No thanks.

Like it or not, men and women are rule following entities. That is all we do all day.
Rules need enforcing and someone has to decide how we enforce.

Regards
DL

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by MagnumOpus

It gets down to a simple issue that males are used to the issues of physical methods, women are not. ]

Exactly why man goes to war instead of negotiating peace.

Thanks for making my point.

Regards
DL

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

I do not want to rule over anyone, i just want to be.

Just let me be.

We are all in this together, alone.

If I was Plato, I would ask you who would make your shoes if you leave the city/laws.

Regards
DL

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   

In China you don't see this sort of thing happening. Everyone wears the same Pajamas. Women are trained to serve, not to be served. It is an entirely different culture, where everyone tends to be equal and there are no princesses.

Find a picture of the Chinese government.

Notice how few, if any, women are in it.

Regards
DL

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Exactly why man goes to war instead of negotiating peace.

Thanks for making my point.

Regards
DL

Lets use my favorite example to better show how this doesn't support your theme. Highly trained Phd Psychologist has belligerant 13 year old 300 lb male that dominates the female and gets his way.

All the best female negotiations still had the 13 year old win because endless deal making and negotiation did nothing. The kid gets fatter, more belligerant, failed school, ruins the family enviornment. Words and negotiations failed.

So, put the same endless deal making into Government and have some adult 300 lb types that do the same thing the 13 year old did to the house, except to the state and Govt. itself.

It would appear the US has this dysfunctional house effect via endless negotiations giving up sensibilties. Isn't America's goals all down the drain these days? Seen Freedom in America today, or just exploitation of Americans that long lost the messages of Washington, Jefferson, etc. that knew what freedom from royalist oppression was about. America's biggest reality TV shows are about the painted ladies trying to play royal ladies, but end up more looking as prostitutes for the highest bidder.

Look at the female mindset in the US. Females place all interests on looks and will spend a fortune on every type of cream or ointment to avoid the first wrinkle. Why? Because they sell their looks and sex appeal. With that they get what they call lots of attention from the male side and tons of bidding on who gets the trophy wife. Not much different than prostitution. Except it appears more like the games of Royalty in the workplace where all that work for looks has to be couched in the perfect Royal environment where the working guy that runs the machinery isn't part of the Princess Females goals and the 4 letter language has to be run off.

The little princess theme and the goals of females to attempt to feign royal desirabilty for their own self aggrandizations is a huge problem in America these days. It doesn't belong in the work environment, and is destructive to many working environments.

The females are as cut throat and back stabbing against other looks competing females that it sounds like a battlefield. Such emphasis and ethics doesn't belong in the workplace. All the females with the showy provocative cloths need to be brought down to earth that this isn't the place for a runway show to gain attention for themselves. They also need to be brough down to Earth that guys talk dirty and the world is not supposed to be run by Daddy's little Princess trying to look royal and be served.

Might be time to insist that all this sex promotion with provocative dress in the workplace that garners talk and attention needs to be curbed. Dress codes for guy and gals need to be put in place so the women don't become eye candy and cause the very attention they then complaign about. These double standards are highly destructive in the workplace.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
No, and the way that question is phrased implies sexism. It is saying that man has to control woman to protect them, as if woman were some sort of inferior being that doesn't know anything.

Nobody has the right to 'rule' over anyone.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Find a picture of the Chinese government.

Notice how few, if any, women are in it.

Regards
DL

Yes, that is so. And look what country is taking over America. Ah Yes, China. It doesn't serve two masters. They are an industrial giant these days with huge rates of growth.

endoftheamericandream.com...

The oriental males stick to the age old concepts for leadership in China. It is the same concept that formed America with the Revolutionary War. We didn't see any females there either.

The US can't be run with the combination of male and female agenda, else it attempts to serve two masters. And the country falls apart with Chaotic confusion in place of moving forward and being efficient.

China will soon own and control the US. In the US, we can't seem to run industry any more.

Look at the typical situation with the black females these days. They generally run the show in the homes. Most of the males are out of work. Most of the females have their wellfare kids and don't work. Then we get situations like this.

www.latimes.com...

You have to say this much for Desmond Hatchett: He has a way with the ladies.

The 33-year-old Knoxville, Tenn., resident has reportedly set a Knox County record for his ability to reproduce. He has 30 children with 11 women.

Female leadership in the US really is something that is literally pulling the US down like a rock to the bottom of the sea.

America is finished, done, ruined.

edit on 28-5-2012 by MagnumOpus because: America has no more room to entertain female princesses in the workplace

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join