It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should man rule over women for women’s own good?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Women are and should be treated equally to men.. Just because an invisible man in the sky says that women are less than men does not make it true. Islam is a terrible religion that is violent and anti-woman. the other Abrahamic religions aren't much better.. They are all anti-woman, and this is another reason why the world should rid itself of these bronze-age superstitions. the bible also endorses slavery, human sacrifice, and genocide, but that does not make these things good, by any means.

As George Carlin said- "Religion is the greatest bullsh** story of all, HOLYSHI**."
edit on 24-5-2012 by TheCelestialHuman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCelestialHuman
Women are and should be treated equally to men.. Just because an invisible man in the sky says that women are less than men does not make it true. Islam is a terrible religion that is violent and anti-woman. the other Abrahamic religions aren't much better.. They are all anti-woman, and this is another reason why the world should rid itself of these bronze-age superstitions. the bible also endorses slavery, human sacrifice, and genocide, but that does not make these things good, by any means.

As George Carlin said- "Religion is the greatest bull# story of all, HOLY#."

This is because man has added their own views of God. If this was the case, the women elders would not be in a position of authority above.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am

Be fair now, the Bible also says men should sacrifice themselves for their wives as Christ did for the church. It says husbands are to love their wives as Christ loved the church. Christ served the church, the ekklesia. So in context, husbands are to love and serve their wives.

Let's not cherry pick.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
Only through mutual respect and admiration can we truely be successful. No gender should rule over another because no gender is superior to the other.
Those who feel that one should rule over the other are nothing but sexist, small minded, bigoted, egotistical ...expletives....
Those who scribed the Bible were in a male dominated society, they were male, so what they wrote favored the male. In other cultures, women were in charge and the religions and beliefs reflected that.
Both the male and the female are responsible for protecting one another. In most cases, the male is physically stronger due to biology. The female is usually emotionally stronger due to psychology. Together, they are stronger than either one is separately and should embrace that, not try to dismantle it by choosing "who is in charge".

This was the best post I've read all day, and I agree with you wholeheartedly.

We ALL need to help each other, and we all have different strengths and weaknesses.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhisperingWinds

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
Only through mutual respect and admiration can we truely be successful. No gender should rule over another because no gender is superior to the other.
Those who feel that one should rule over the other are nothing but sexist, small minded, bigoted, egotistical ...expletives....
Those who scribed the Bible were in a male dominated society, they were male, so what they wrote favored the male. In other cultures, women were in charge and the religions and beliefs reflected that.
Both the male and the female are responsible for protecting one another. In most cases, the male is physically stronger due to biology. The female is usually emotionally stronger due to psychology. Together, they are stronger than either one is separately and should embrace that, not try to dismantle it by choosing "who is in charge".

This was the best post I've read all day, and I agree with you wholeheartedly.

We ALL need to help each other, and we all have different strengths and weaknesses.

Thank you

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am

Wouldn't things be so much easier if no on ruled over any one? To each his own...that sort of thing. All are equal? I suppose that is just asking for too much though.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I am extremely fond of women. One gave birth to me and raised me, that makes them pretty darn special in my book.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I think the Bible does a really good job of recounting the issues of Women in control of things with the story for Semiramis and Babylon, the most evil of societies that wondered far off from truth.

Semiramis turned herself into a god, lied about all kinds of things, and pretty much started a total mess of the world.

aletheia.consultronix.com...

The Romans got so tired of the mess from old world's religion involved with Semiramis, that they plugged a guy into the equation, and shut out all the old women gods, and peace was the order of the day in Byzintine Empire.

Just like the FBI has discovered in the Justice system's profile for women criminals, they are much more highly prone to lie to get their way than males. Which is what Semiramis was all about.

Just like with women as heads of households, it is lets made a deal with the kids, and the kids learn there are no hard and fast rules, just endless renogotiations. Basically, much good parenting is lost with most female heads of household.

The old system worked better. In the old system we didn't have all these harlots running around using little short dresses to get something for nothing from gullible guys. Most of the world views the American Woman as pretty much a sex show. Even Hollywood gave it a kick with the "Christian Woman" show they all went ballistic over just recently.

Just look at the women's vote, it put Bill Clinton in office because he was pretty and sexually attractive. Seemingly, what motivates the female is not consistent with what is needed to run things realistically.

History tends to show the mixed sex workplace and the mixed sex leadership just causes more problems than its worth.

Islam likely took one look at Semiramis and decided we are not going to have any of this.

It appears the DNA and the most efficient ways to run the world go with male leaders.

edit on 25-5-2012 by MagnumOpus because: The history for female leaders shows up as the deliberate choice for a male leader called Jesus.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagnumOpus
I think the Bible does a really good job of recounting the issues of Women in control of things with the story for Semiramis and Babylon, the most evil of societies that wondered far off from truth.

Semiramis turned herself into a god, lied about all kinds of things, and pretty much started a total mess of the world.

Have not heard this story...very interesting

Just like with women as heads of households, it is lets made a deal with the kids, and the kids learn there are no hard and fast rules, just endless renogotiations. Basically, much good parenting is lost with most female heads of household.
I respect your opinion but, must disagree. I run a very tight ship around here...there are consequences, not deals to be made.

The old system worked better. In the old system we didn't have all these harlots running around using little short dresses to get something for nothing from gullible guys. Most of the world views the American Woman as pretty much a sex show. Even Hollywood gave it a kick with the "Christian Woman" show they all went ballistic over just recently.

Again, I respect your opinion. If in fact, most of the world views american women as a sex show, that is sad because, it's certainly not a fair representation of ALL American Women...myself included. But, I do understand how this assumption can be made. Everything is so sexualized in our society. I'm not familiar with the "Christian Woman" show but, I imagine the title alone would stir controversy amongst some.

Just look at the women's vote, it put Bill Clinton in office because he was pretty and sexually attractive. Seemingly, what motivates the female is not consistent with what is needed to run things realistically.

I stopped voting when I realized it didn't count. Politics accomplishes nothing but division in my opinion.

History tends to show the mixed sex workplace and the mixed sex leadership just causes more problems than its worth.

I Agree with you here...one reason could be that women are payed less for doing the same job. That's bound to cause some problems

Islam likely took one look at Semiramis and decided we are not going to have any of this.

Proof or it didn't happen....(just kidding)

It appears the DNA and the most efficient ways to run the world go with male leaders.

Have you seen the state of the world we are in thanks to the efficiency of our male leaders??????

edit on 25-5-2012 by MagnumOpus because: The history for female leaders shows up as the deliberate choice for a male leader called Jesus.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
No one should rule over anyone, BUT everyone have to admit that MEN AND WOMEN CANNOT BE EQUAL!!! we are not meant to be equal, sorry not going to sugarcoat these but men does something best that women cant ever come near and it goes for men as well.

Saying we are all equal is just dumb, and lying to yourself to fit into society.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

your right men and women are not equal in abilities.. but both men and women should have equal rights. Rights are something your born with, they should not be given to only a certain group of people. Equal rights for all. But now that i think about it, they're not rights at all, they are privileges. For example, go on wikipedia and type in Japanese Americans 1942.
For those of you who don't know what happened:

Japanese-American internment was the relocation and internment by the United States government in 1942 of about 110,000 Japanese Americans and Japanese who lived along the Pacific coast of the United States to camps called "War Relocation Camps," in the wake of Imperial Japan's attack on Pearl Harbor.[1][2] The internment of Japanese Americans was applied unequally throughout the United States. All who lived on the West Coast of the United States were interned, while in Hawaii, where the 150,000-plus Japanese Americans composed over one-third of the population, an estimated 1,200[3] to 1,800 were interned.[4] Of those interned, 62% were American citizens.[5][6]

When the people needed their rights the most, the government took them away.. You can't take away rights, but you can take away privileges. That's all it is, temporary privileges.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greatest I am

Let's not get ahead of ourselves quite yet.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leftist

Originally posted by Greatest I am

Let's not get ahead of ourselves quite yet.

Holy God! That is the funniest thing I've seen all day!! My stomach is still in knots from laughing so hard!!!!!!!

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
What can a man do that a woman can't and what can a woman do that a man can't with practice and desire to do it from either of them? I honestly can't think of anything outside of reproduction. (I have actually seen a woman who could pee standing up, so that can't be used as an answer)
No matter what you can come up with, there will be a man somewhere or a woman somewhere that can do it other than the sperm/egg?

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagesticEsoteric

Have you seen the state of the world we are in thanks to the efficiency of our male leaders??????

Don't look at the Amazon history. Mutilcation of males and uncommon cruelty.

www.essortment.com...

Amazon society was stringently matriarchal. Males were of no use other than for mating purposes and as slaves, doing work that was traditionally performed by women. Mens' outer extremities were often mutilated to prevent them taking up arms against their captors or escaping. Male babies were either given away at birth to neighbouring tribes or killed.

-----

Herodotus wrote of the Scythians as being an extremely barbaric and bloodthirsty race,skinning and beheading slain adversaries and shaping their skulls into drinking cups. Funerals were highly ceremonial and even more blood-drenched. A fallen warrior's wife and entire household were often killed and placed inside the kurgan to serve in the afterlife. Dozens of the finest horses were sacrificed and staked upright around the outside of the burial mound.

Where are all the female leadership now?

Most of the world doesn't repect female leadership, especially Islamic worlds.

Females, even when they had the openings, proved not to be sustainable operations.

Males will always be the stronger and able to command the respect in large groups, and even as heads of household.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MagnumOpus

Mysoginy at its best.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
reply to post by MagnumOpus

Mysoginy at its best.

It appears the way the DNA works in the break down for human nature. Female's DNA make up leads to one direction and male's toward other. The sexes are type cast and there is little room to change that. One is symbolic for strength and the other for soft. One is testosterone and the other estrogen, and to try to look over the difference is like trying to make a sheep into a lion.

Males usually set up hard and fast rules and females seem to have everything negotiable.

In the US Culture, the males don't have to put on fronts like make up. Most males care nothing for make-up to project their image.

When we do see all the make up and using sex as a method toward success, Hollywood sees this:

www.foxnews.com...

Look at the tales for Cleopatra and Queen of Sheba----seductions and sex was the rule for the day.

You just don't see the female for leadership in the history for sustainable tribal systems for humans. American Indians--not there. Hewbrew Religion themes-not there. Early on with Semiramis--that became the satan theme in religion.

Who are the leaders in religions. Jesus, Moses, Mohammad, Dolly Lama, Buddah. The type cast runs all though religion.

There is less problems with the human condition when one follows how the DNA cookie crumbles. We don't hear terms like connive used for males, but constantly for females. There are two different standards based on male female genetics and hormonal differences.

Billy Graham was so afraid of females in his organization that strict rules were applied for their travels with him and others always being present. All that to avoid scandals.

Is this same issue more of less omnipresent in the ways of the world--yes. Men working for Female leadership don't do well with all the emotional baggage involved.

All its done is made the system chaotic, slowed the system, split the goals, and the US is falling apart.

edit on 26-5-2012 by MagnumOpus because: DNA is a biological marker that doesn't work well for power leadership in the world

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Gender should have nothing to do with it. The quality of the person, now that's a scale to base on who should be in charge. Both men and women are aggressive, egotistical, illogical, heck..they're human. No one gender deserves to rule over any other gender.

Both have had thier saints and their devils. Though, men trumped evil with Hitler, so I suppose if anything, based off history, we should let the chicks give it go. Just pray they don't all snyche up at the next G (insert number here) Summit.

I kid ofcourse, in the end, to run the world in a way that doesn't bring about more misery or harm, we have to work together, instead of subjugating each other, for any reason.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lasr1oftheJedi
Gender should have nothing to do with it. The quality of the person, now that's a scale to base on who should be in charge. Both men and women are aggressive, egotistical, illogical, heck..they're human. No one gender deserves to rule over any other gender.

Both have had thier saints and their devils. Though, men trumped evil with Hitler, so I suppose if anything, based off history, we should let the chicks give it go. Just pray they don't all snyche up at the next G (insert number here) Summit.

I kid ofcourse, in the end, to run the world in a way that doesn't bring about more misery or harm, we have to work together, instead of subjugating each other, for any reason.

Unfortunately, gender does have everything to do with it---else you tell a bull is the same as the milk cow.

Lets take you out to the pasture and we'll see how fast it takes you to run from the difference. Your view is a fantasy and lacks the reality. The only way to attain close to your idea is to remove the hormones of each gender---Ovaries and Testes need removed. Do you want to volunteer for the operation first?

OK-----since you like WWII. Lets get a Hillary Clinton type to run D-day and see if we ended up saying "Heil Hitler" today.

Lets take the family life with marriage, Generally the female sets the nurture role and the male supports the female and protects her. If the child disrespects the mothers, the father uses the physical force to change the obstinate child. The male draws the line in the sand or the limits.

One can't suddenly switch off these age old natural characteristic roles between the male and female.

In organizations these two different roles cause serious issues, that slow logical processes, and can literally loose the war.

edit on 26-5-2012 by MagnumOpus because: Gender issues can't be erased

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Unfortunately, gender does have everything to do with it---else you tell a bull is the same as the milk cow.

Lets take you out to the pasture and we'll see how fast it takes you to run from the difference.

I would never suggest men and women are the same. Just that we deserve equal treatment in the arenas of politics (buisness, etc, you know what I ment.). Sure, men, over time and by design, are more fit physically than most women (I would personally never walk up to a Williams sister and be like, "I could so take you", have you seen the thighs on those broads?!) and in turn, women are natually gifted at seeing the goal in a step by step perspective, where men tend to see things in end goal perspective. Both are nessicary. Both genders, no matter how inpetly I stated such, bring positives to the table the other simply could not.

OK-----since you like WWII. Lets get a Hillary Clinton type to run D-day and see if we ended up saying "Heil Hitler" today.

Don't know about all of that. To suggest there aren't women capiable of running a battle field seems...mistaken? Again, they have step by step goal thought down, this is basic psychology. So, if anything, a little female input on a battle field might be a good idea more than a bad idea.

Lets take the family life with marriage, Generally the female sets the nurture role and the male supports the female and protects her. If the child disrespects the mothers, the father uses the physical force to change the obstinate child. The male draws the line in the sand or the limits.

Both parents deserve respect, my wife lays down the line in the sand as well as I do any day. And I can protect him as well as she can. Share some of that responsibly, the 50s are over.

Originally posted by MagnumOpusOne can't suddenly switch off these characteristic roles between the male and female.

It's already being done by my generation. What choice did we have? A society that requires both parents to work broke the line on "roles".

In organizations these two different roles cause serious issues, that slow logical processes, and can literally loose the war.

You arn't suggesting women can't think as fast as men are you? That sir, would be a fine joke.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join