It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The latest entrant to the space race is... Egypt!19-year-old student invents futuristic 'warp drive

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Yep...if this is being proposed as an efficient energy source for a spacecraft, why couldn't the principle be used for energy production on Earth?

I understand a vacuum is involved, but space isn't the only place a vacuum can exist.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Troll is as troll does.
Next time try to hide your racism please. It would be cool if there were proof of this

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by cranspace
reply to post by MI5edtoDeath

According to Islam baiters, her father is going to execute her for daring to use her brains.

She should grab her bug out bag quick
If this is true there will probably be a
Seal team chasing her down aswell

Cran

I'm trying to think of a reason why the U.S. would want her dead. Maybe i'm not up to speed on this subject.
Could you explain your comment?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thunderheart

Originally posted by cranspace

According to Islam baiters, her father is going to execute her for daring to use her brains.

She should grab her bug out bag quick
If this is true there will probably be a
Seal team chasing her down aswell

Cran

I'm trying to think of a reason why the U.S. would want her dead. Maybe i'm not up to speed on this subject.
Could you explain your comment?

Full Spectrum Dominance ring a bell?

The young woman will be offered a US scholarship and ultimately US citizenship; all good stuff really.

If she does not comply, then she will be in trouble.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Unless the Chinese make a play for her first.

2nd line..

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysterX

Unless the Chinese make a play for her first.

2nd line..

I think the US has done a lot of evil in this world but once the Chinese are top dog, we will all be screwed in ways we have yet to imagine.

I suspect we will all end up in Soylent Green noodles

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

That sounds delish....... I want mine topped with negrod sauce, I heard they taste like chicken.
Great find MI, they need to test this asap.
Inshallah it works, my only worry is what humans will do once we make stuff like this a reality.
Look at how we treat eachother and we are all the same species.
ET better be like the preditor to survive us.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Let's hope she'll be able to expand on her ideas at a proper university, and isn't relegated to second-class status due to her gender in an Islamic country.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Macabe
Let's hope she'll be able to expand on her ideas at a proper university, and isn't relegated to second-class status due to her gender in an Islamic country.

And......baddabooom! the house zionist shambles into the thread like clockwork to vomit some Islamophobia.
edit on 25-5-2012 by MI5edtoDeath because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

You are taking exception and projecting here. The OP was, in my estimation, planting their tongue in their cheek and highlighting the very real notion that many Muslim women are oppressed in these terms.

No I'm not. Reading comprehension dictates that the OP is saying that even though we dumb people in the West believe women in Muslim countries are oppressed, they are actually not, because this one woman made a scientific discovery.

As you can guess, I have an issue with such rhetoric.

And now the projection is confirmed.....

The OP was talking about Arab scientists being bombed by a certain entity, implying Mossad killing Iranian scientists. Hence I point out the ignorance in that statement and the ignorance of the OP about the region by stating Iranians are not Arabs. It's really not that hard to understand.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

In the context of Islamophobia and the disrespectful comments made of Muslim women by people in the West I spoke of this teenaged Muslim girl who is wearing a hijab, I repeat, a hijab, who has made a scientific breakthrough in an area Nasa is barely coming to gribs with.

The argument is that women are being oppressed in those nations at the hand of religion mixed into culture. How is that insulting Muslim women?

Is "schmuck" a Yiddish word? Please offer a translation into English next time.

I guess it is, has a nice ring to it I say.

You think so? How about this;

I don't need you to tell me what you think about the subject, I got enough information from the OP. All that remains to be said: Enjoy living in an upside down world

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfoKartel

In the context of Islamophobia and the disrespectful comments made of Muslim women by people in the West I spoke of this teenaged Muslim girl who is wearing a hijab, I repeat, a hijab, who has made a scientific breakthrough in an area Nasa is barely coming to gribs with.

The argument is that women are being oppressed in those nations at the hand of religion mixed into culture. How is that insulting Muslim women?

Is "schmuck" a Yiddish word? Please offer a translation into English next time.

I guess it is, has a nice ring to it I say.

You think so? How about this;

I don't need you to tell me what you think about the subject, I got enough information from the OP. All that remains to be said: Enjoy living in an upside down world

Did you notice the hijab?

Just saying...

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
The Casimir-Polder force is usually found in reference to action on atoms or molecules. In the real world it becomes a concern when constructing very small devices, such as the ever shrinking data paths on integrated circuits and nano devices. Under lab conditions, plates can be used to get a measurable value; but, it is tiny. Neither the article linked in the OP nor the one I link below has any detail as to how this drive will be effected.

The article linked does contain more techno-babble, including everyone's favorite..Zero Point Energy!

thenextweb.com...

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MI5edtoDeath

My concern is that the same gang that has been flying around all over the Middle East murdering Arab scientists will be sent on a special 'wetworks' assignment to dispatch with extreme prejudice this young woman.

Nah. The US will Operation Paperclip her hijab'd butt.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

I only know one way to calm a women with one click. Its a .357 lol kidding of course

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Why the hell did the OP post this in Middle east issues? And put 'warp drive' in the title? This is an incredible story which has been relegated to ATS obscurity due to a bad title and poor forum placement
I only found this thread because I just came across the story from another source and did a search before starting my own thread. If this bump doesn't give the thread the appropriate attention, perhaps i will start a new one on it.

This is literally a patented zero point / quantum field propulsion drive concept which requires no fuel other than the energy directly from the vacuum! The Egyptian university has enough confidence in it to financially back the girl, so that leads me to believe there is definately something to this story. This is massive.

Mods - Please move this story to the appropriate forum for crying out loud!
edit on 18-7-2012 by Funk bunyip because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   

arabs have not invented anything for centuries apart from suicide bombers.

arabs are proud they have invented zero.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join