It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It Starts With Us

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
This is my first and last post on this forum. I have been a reader of this site for about a year now. The cynicism present on this site is astounding. Of course this is all my opinion and a generalization, I am in know way trying to offend or get a negative reaction from anyone, i am simply trying to outline my opinion that i feel is an apparent truth that not many want to come to grips with. It seems that regret and unhappiness in the personal lives of a lot of you has led you to blame the rest of the world. Not just users of this site but many, many people in the world. Television, film and video games have left us with an unreal view of reality. We've seen fantastic fictional fantasies day in and day out so its left you with boredom and discontent with the normalcy of everyday reality. How could you be content with a day to day job when you've lived through so many wonderful fantasies. We seem to forget to achieve things in this reality it is not as simple as manifestation through the pressing of a button, only hard work and determination can produce anything in the reality we live in. We are now left with many people with a need for instant gratification, these many no longer want to put forth the effort and hard work needed to materialize happiness and support a thriving structured society. Now we are left with a broken system and nobody to fix it. I know there are many root causes to our system being broken,but i feel that this topic i am trying to layout is one that nobody wants to touch base with. Its at the core of human nature to place blame on others but the fact of the matter is, a broken society is not just the fault of the leaders but also its people. To hope for something along the lines of a disaster or bloody revolution outlines the need for instant gratification, these things are viewed as a quick fix for a large deep rooted problem. It is simply not the answer,the death, greed, hate and violence is what led to a broken system in the first place to try and fix the system with the same things that broke it can only lead to the same and worse things, nothing better. This is the point I've been trying to get at through this post, do not hope for more violence and death hope and work for better. The rebuilding of a broken system starts with us we must push through the unhappiness and discontent. We must visualize the good change we want for the world and work hard to enact the change in our own lives, I feel this is the only true way to fix the societies we live in, it starts with us.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Agreed. I'm guilty. Been changing that the past year or so.

Don't go, my friend, we need more voices like yours.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by arbitrator

Ever hear of paragraphs?

WIKI

new topics

join