It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RFID Chips Embedded In School Uniforms Keep Track Of Students In Brazil

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Grade-school students in a northeastern Brazilian city are using uniforms embedded with locator chips that help alert parents if they’re cutting classes, the city’s education secretary said Thursday.

Twenty thousand students in 25 of Vitoria da Conquista’s 213 public schools started using T-shirts with chips earlier this week, secretary Coriolano Moraes said by telephone.

By 2013, all of the city’s 43,000 public school students, aged 4 to 14, will be using the chip-embedded T-shirts, he added.

Radio frequency chips in "intelligent uniforms" let a computer know when children enter school and it sends a text message to their cell phones. Parents are also alerted if kids don’t show up 20 minutes after classes begin with the following message: "Your child has still not arrived at school."

Huffington Post

Way to be big brother! Keep track of all them kids!

Ok well, this may be a test run for whats, IMO, most likely going to be tried sometime soon in North America. Under the guise of protection and safety, kids and maybe even potentially employees, etc, are going to be tracked. Now, I'm all for safety, especially for the kids, and If you could know for a FACT that no governments or sinister-types were using all these locations for any other use other than safety (which obviously you can't know) then i would consider using such a device.

Lets just say this comes to your school district? Would you go along with it? Would you protest? Move away?

Thoughts?!

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
The funny thing is that uniform companies already use this technology in their uniforms. It's for sorting purposes when we send our uniforms to be laundered, but I've always wandered if it could be exploited/expanded.

Do you wear Ameripride Uniforms or Aramark Uniforms? Check the tag on your shirt collar. The chip is there. Check the tag on the backside of your zipper in your pants. The chip is there.

I assume uniforms will be an integral part of the NWO.... lol Track your employees movements with our new RFID uniforms... coming soon...

join