It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rand Paul Amendment to Stop Armed FDA Agents From Raiding Farms Fails, 78-15

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
The government's intrusion into matters of self-sustainment is beyond disgusting:

www.youtube.com...

www.naturalnews.com...

"NaturalNews can now confirm that the Michigan Department of Natural Resources has, in total violation of the Fourth Amendment, conducted two armed raids on pig farmers in that state, one in Kalkaska County at Fife Lake and another in Cheboygan County. Staging raids involving six vehicles and ten armed men, DNA conducted unconstitutional, illegal and arguably criminal armed raids on these two farms with the intent of shooting all the farmers' pigs under a bizarre new "Invasive Species Order" (ISO) that has suddenly declared traditional livestock to be an invasive species.

"I was served a search warrant yesterday at 7: 45am. I have killed all my hogs. [DNR] gave me papers that say I do not have any hogs on my property. All they saw were dead hogs laying around from my mass slaughtering. It took 12 guys 4 times in there to kill all of them, sows with young, Pregnant sows, dozens of piglets, and old mature boars. It has been a sad few weeks. Does anyone know what it feels like to open fire on 20 baby piglets in one group which weigh between 5 lbs and 15 lbs. They are so adorable and cute. They commented to everyone that they never saw a fence built so tough and no way would a hog get out of this area." (www.BakersGreenAcres.com)

One of the raids targeted Ron McKendrick of Renegade Ranch in Cheboygan County. His ranch was raided on Saturday morning, and DNR agents reportedly conducted an interrogation of his customers and his 75-year-old senior citizen employee. In order to gain access to his property, DNR bureaucrats acquired a temporary restraining order which was used to bully their way onto the property (a violation of the Fourth Amendment).

Another raid was conducted against the farm of Dave Tuxberry. He's the man who was forced to shoot all his own pigs before DNR agents arrived, in order to avoid being arrested as a felon."

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

Congrats.. you just discovered ALL politicians are liars, thieves, and whores.

Regardless of what caucus they claim to represent.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

I'll play.

Farmer Bob might have a shotgun. Might have twelve shotguns. Might even have a pistol on his hip and a rifle over his shoulder.

So let the inspectors have that as well. That's fine.

What farmer Bob doesnt have is a stacked team of 9 para-militants in body armor with their weapons drawn crashing down on anyone and everyone without notice or warning. Sorry, with a split-second shouted warning of "FEDERAL AGENTS!"

An inspection can be done and a fine/penalty/form issued by a guy in a polo shirt with a pistol on his hip and credentials around his neck. Some equal footing would go a long way to establishing some respect rather than getting all the condescension, harassment and name-calling we so often see from government "officials."

We can see in the act of armed paramilitary raids in routine non-violent outings such as inspections, searches and warrant servings as an indication of what our government thinks of us. At best government fears us. At worst government hates us.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

At least you understood I wasn't condoning the actions of the agents, just the fact that they are armed, which is what this bill is trying to outlaw.

I agree 100%, the tactics need to be changed but the bill was specifically about disarming these people who could be walking into a trap.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American

Originally posted by stanguilles7

Originally posted by The Old American

So? Please note that not one single Democrat voted to pass it. Was there a point buried in there somewhere, or did you just come here to spew partisanship?

/TOA

Sorry, I reject the deeply partisan notion that being critical of one party implies approval of the other. My mind does not fall into such simple minded dichotomies.

My point was that not even the members of the Tea Party Caucus would support Paul in this, even though they campaigned for office specifically saying they would oppose this sort of thing.

The Dems routinely vote for more Big Gov. But the Tea Prty? I thought they were there to protect us from that?

Or are you incapable of criticizing your own party?

I don't have a party affiliation, genius, and nothing I've posted even suggests it. You're the one that came here criticizing one party without also pointing out the other. But thanks for bringing your crap into my thread. That's real class.

/TOA

Funny. Because all I did was point out 'the tea party caucus' didnt support Paul on this. And you just assumed that makes me a Democrat. Which is a totally baseless assumption.

Also, super classy the way to call my contribution to the thread 'crap', troll.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join