It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Really! The Chupacabra has been trapped and "identified" as "unknown" animal.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
The day that many have been waiting for!
WOW!

www.liveleak.com...

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Nice find!

I feel like they should've done their best to identify the animal before they let it go.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by reflexlm

No effin doubt.
What the hell were they thinking?
they may never find it again...or,
some redneck is going to hunt and kill the thing!

Stupid!

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by AFewGoodWomen

Looks like a kangaroo dog...

Whatever that is I have definitely never heard of it. Maybe it really is as claimed.

Very interesting.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
This video is old. The animal has since been ID'd as a fox with mange. Just took me a quick google search to find the info. Come on people! lol.

www.cbsnews.com...
edit on 24-5-2012 by DisasterButton because: Added Link

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by AFewGoodWomen

Crazy to let it go without at least taking a DNA sample Duh!

It Could be dangerous to local indigenous species

It could also be a cat or a dog...
Which is what I reckon it is, but without a DNA sample ..

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Seriously! Just let the damn thing go!

That is friggin dumb... these people are fools...

'Oh we may have just discovered a new species, and could settle a myth that has been around for a long time. Lets just let it go before allowing anybody to check it out!"

Fools!

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by DisasterButton

According to someone in the YouTube comments its a thing called a Mexican Hairless, also known as a something which I cant remember how to spell

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Thanks for the update.
Smarmy much?...lol

Still, it could be The Chupacabra...it's just a mangy fox, but others will think it's the Chupacabra, thus misidentification is the root of my point.
edit on 24-5-2012 by AFewGoodWomen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by reflexlm

I feel like they should've done their best to identify the animal before they let it go

When it gets recaptured and it will to determine just what it is they will more than probably decide to look on the inside of it and
I doubt they would set it free after that
Looks like a rat with a foxes head to me

Cran

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by AFewGoodWomen

Thanks for the update.
Smarmy much?...lol

I didn't intend on coming off as being facetious. I was just denying ignorance. hehe.

But really, I have seen a coy-dog in my area with mange that looked similar to this fox. It can drastically change the look of any animal.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by DisasterButton
This video is old. The animal has since been ID'd as a fox with mange. Just took me a quick google search to find the info. Come on people! lol.

www.cbsnews.com...

That is no oridinary North American fox.
I doubt that it is even a fox.
The snout is too long, like a deer.
The ears are too large for a fox, like a deer.
The rear body is too heavy for the rest of the body and not at all like a deer or fox.
...Say, where is Ft. Dietich from there?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by AFewGoodWomen
The day that many have been waiting for!
WOW!

www.liveleak.com...

Whatever that/those things actually are, it's not a chupacabra. Somehow those things started getting called chupacabra, but the original accounts of chupacabra are quite a bit more crazy:

The most common description of chupacabras is a reptile-like being, appearing to have leathery or scaly greenish-gray skin and sharp spines or quills running down its back. This form stands approximately 3 to 4 feet (1 to 1.2 m) high, and stands and hops in a similar fashion to a kangaroo. In at least one sighting, the creature was reported to hop 20 feet (6 m). This variety is said to have a dog or panther-like nose and face, a forked tongue, and large fangs. It is said to hiss and screech when alarmed, as well as leave behind a sulfuric stench. When it screeches, some reports assert that the chupacabras' eyes glow an unusual red which gives the witnesses nausea.
(Wikipedia)

Calling this thing a chupacabra is much too like calling a cicada a locust in my opinion. All too common, but totally different critters.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by reflexlm
Nice find!

I feel like they should've done their best to identify the animal before they let it go.

That's the one thing that makes me question this story. Why not have it analyzed? I'm not saying kill it, but at least have someone look at it.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Sorry, doesn't look much like a fox to me. But, ok.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Looks like a fox with Mange.... or a Coyote.

Google Images

Not surprising that the Hospital workers couldn't ID it... they aren't exactly experts.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by DisasterButton

www.cbsnews.com...

That would have been my assumption. Glad you found the link because I wasn't going looking for it only to get into an argument about an mangie animal. Nice find....Good luck convincing the crypto crowd....

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
mutant kangaroos
better catch them

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

I agree. I once had a pet fox which was kept in a large outside pen. When the temps got to 30 below with wind chill 60 below no one wanted to go to feed and water it so we brought it in the house. It was a major shock and it lost ALL of its hair in about 5 days. Looked identical to the video.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Please !!
Did any one look a the length of that things tail ??
It was dragging on the ground and way longer than any fox, wolf or dog I've ever seen or
seen in pictures of them with mange or not.
That tail had at least a foot of tail dragging. The above mentioned canine do not have tails that drag on the ground especially with the hair missing.

Please watch that video a few more times. Pay special attention to the end of it where the creature
is moving away and going back into the woods.
edit on 24-5-2012 by azureskys because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-5-2012 by azureskys because: added more

top topics

<<   2 >>

join