It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Ron Paul has NO CHANCE of winning the nomination...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
OK......as a Ron Paul supporter I have become more disheartened that Ron Paul most likely won't get the nomination. This is starting to become the general consensus. However, my optimism makes me ponder one big question and still gives me hope.....and sorry if its already been stated....(I know I will be called delusion and what have you but I REALLY don't care)

If Ron Paul has NO CHANCE of winning the nomination

....Why is the GOP STILL doing everything in their power to stop him?

I think the GOP Establishment knows more then we do. When it comes down to it....they are very scared of....something.
edit on 24-5-2012 by FreedomXisntXFree because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-5-2012 by FreedomXisntXFree because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Fear.

Okay, they don't like one line responses, much less one word responses. But I believe it's fear of an idea whose time has come, fear of further fracturing an already disenchanted party, fear of a radical change from corporatocracy, and fear of what an honest look at the monetary system might reveal.
edit on 5/24/12 by AnonymousCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by FreedomXisntXFree

I am scared of something too.....Either corrupted Romney or worthless Obama getting another shot to be our president!!

PLEASE DON'T GIVE UP ON RON PAUL!!!

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Well we will find out.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Wow, don't give up yet. Paul is now gaining traction.

Check out this:

runronpaul.com...

In Maine, Ron Paul won decisively, 21 to 3. Virginia, a state in which Romney won by 20%, Paul has been allocated 17 delegates to Romney’s 16. However, 16 delegates have yet to be allocated and will be in the Virginia state convention which will be held on June 16th. In Michigan, where Paul was not expected to win any of the delegates, he won 8 to Romney’s 22. Minnesota, where Paul finished third, he was allocated a 32 to 8 victory over Romney. In Iowa, Paul has won all 13 of the allocated delegates and expects to win a large sum of the 12 yet to be allocated on June 15th. Colorado, Paul has won 18 to Romney’s 16. Lastly, Nevada, a state that has drawn a large amount of GOP controversy, Paul has won 22 of the 25 delegates. However, there are a few more states where Paul is expecting to win more delegates.

In Washington, Paul is expecting to do extremely well. Washington has 43 delegates yet to be allocated and will be allocated on May 31st through June 2nd...

In Clark County Nevada, the entire GOP establishement resigned today, the Chair, the Secretary, etc and have all been replace by Paul people.

The fight is just now gone from a simmer to a boil

You have seen this haven't you?

thereal2012delegatecount.com...

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Ron Paul threads are getting fewer and fewer everyday.

Reality is starting to set in.

I am happy about this.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by FreedomXisntXFree

I think you sorta answered your own question.

I will fill you in on some of what's happening. As Ron Paul goes from state convention to state convention giving speaches and gaining more delegates, Mittins is nowhere to be found. I hear a lot of Romney supporters are even jumping ship after hearing the Doctor speak.

This will be the most interesting RNC in years. I wonder how they'll black-out thousands chanting, "President Paul"?

This is nowhere near over...don't let anyone tell you different.
edit on 5/24/2012 by maddog99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Ron Paul threads are getting fewer and fewer everyday.

Reality is starting to set in.

I am happy about this.

You wish that was the case.....more like reality setting in on you. Before there were thousands of Ron Paul bashers with fake stats in attempt to stop the movement....Now we are down to just a few like you and three lines is all you can manage....I would say there are fewer people like you and more and more Ron Paul supporters everyday.

RON PAUL 2012!!!!
edit on 24-5-2012 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I have been thinking lately about what would happen if the RP detrators were right, and that RP is just vying for a key speaking role at the convention.
I am certain the place will be full of RP delegates that are enthusiastic and vocal. I even highly suspect that they will far outnumber the romney supporters who will count on the continuation of the fraud that was state to state inton.
So I can imagine what it would look like if RP used this "key speaking role" as a vehicle to announce their findings of all the fraud that has announce his plans to run 3'rd party as a conservative republican.

The place would explode in a roar of cheer and be emptied after RP leaves the stage to begin his real campaign for the new and legitimate candidate and most likely the elected pres. of our republic.

Can you imagine what that would look like as the place would practically empty exposing the thing for what it is.

of course this is just my thoughts and I can easily imagine him flat out winning it by delegate count after a brokered convention by a landslide in the second count.

It will not be a good convention for romney fer sure but by what means is what has me captivated.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
The American voting public for almost a century has been under the false impression that their private party nomination votes meant something. It was a false sense of importance the party elites used to make the voters feel as if they had a say in who the party nominates.

The GOP and Democrats each could nominate a candidate with out the votes or state party arms even having a say if they wanted to. The difference now however is the monster they created by allowing the general public feel empowered with a vote has back fired on them. They are no longer able to contain the will of the people, or in this case the delegates.

The delegate nomination process was a fail safe device implemented in case the primary vote did not go their way. By having the delegates decide the nominee they could have justification to remove a presumptive nominee should he not be acceptable. Now however the delegate nomination rules are being used against the GOP and the media coverage is preventing the GOP from stopping the process out of fear of losing credibility as a national party.

However, just because they are in jeopardy of being buffaloed by their own rules does not mean they won't change the rules or ignore them. The GOP has decided it is Romney and they will fight till their own death and failure as a recognized national party to prevent Paul from winning.

Their is a slight chance the fear of destroying the party might allow Paul to win, but that is up to the Paul supporters to make as much noise as possible and force the GOP's hand one way or the other.

Tampa should be quite a show, and possibly have ramifications for the way elections are won for the next century.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
For a while I was thinking the convention was gonna be really intresting , but now the GOPs best response to stop Paul delegates is to violate the party rules and shut down the state conventions and appoint delegates.
Which again violates the party rules.
So now pre-convention is starting to shape up into a mess , where delegate credentials are going to be challenged.
As far as changing the rules this late in the game, it is possible, but not likely, because representitives from every state voted to accept the rules in 2008 and again in 2010. To change the rules now would require 2/3 reps from every state to agree to it.
The GOP may find a way to stop Paul but not the movement, killing Paul would only make him a martyr , ignoring Paul at the convention will split the party that is already falling apart.
Should Paul run third party Mittens WILL come in last and the GOP will be finished.
edit on 25-5-2012 by OLD HIPPY DUDE because: (no reason given)

The only options I see left for the GOP are a vote at the convention to suspend the rules, or some way to blackout the convention to the public, and I really don't see those options going over very well.
edit on 25-5-2012 by OLD HIPPY DUDE because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join