It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blue Springs, MO: Multi-Colored Objects Seen for Weeks - May 24, 2012

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Good afternoon.

Found this news clip, I will dig for some more actual videos of the sighting.
Appears to be several UFOs haunting residents in Missouri for the past two weeks.
Could be drones, also could not be.

What gets me is --- aren't these black budget aircrafts supposed to be hidden from the public? Why do they always have to flash such vibrant colors at folks. Really irks me. If it's not aliens, and not something mundane either, then what is the purpose for such a display of lights?

To speculate, maybe the light-show is a byproduct of the technology used to operate these vehicles.
Strange to 'test' them over Suburbia.
The Media is on top of it --- even the reporter has claimed to witnessed them.

Neighbors say in the past two weeks they have seen multi-colored lights in the sky, and the Missouri UFO Network is now conducting its own investigation.

The video of these orbs hovering is causing quite the debate in Blue Springs and is the topic of discussion in the quiet suburb.

Robert Kover first noticed it two weeks ago and went down to get a closer look. He was confronted by a neighbor who thought he was spying on women, until he handed her his binoculars.

"It was up in the sky and then it just dropped and stayed stationary in that lower position,"

"It was like nothing I've ever seen before, but with binoculars we could see it fairly well, and it was off in the distance,"

"I showed her the star that [was] in the sky, just to get somebody else's perspective on it, and they said they had never seen anything like it before," Kover said.

"We're seeing colors in this. I see green in this one and in the other I see red, green and blue," Kay said. "I don't think it's a planet at this point. I don't know what it is. It's unidentified."

edit on 24-5-2012 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
NICE!

The fact that there are multiple witnesses including the newscaster in the beginning of the video makes this very interesting.

I'm curious as to how widespread these sightings are? Or is it localized to one small area?

It'd be nice to get an approximate altitude of these objects.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by forall2see

Yeah, I agree. Will do my best to gather more information, hopefully some videos. The Media didn't have any trouble filming the witnesses with their cameras (see video) .... So I am assuming there is more actual footage of this.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
How is it that NORAD doesn't know where this other report came out of???????
I call B to the S on NORAD's end.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

Interesting report ThinkingCap

At first I thought Venus or any other of the usual celestial suspects but I don't think that's the case here , though I may be proven wrong

According to Open Minds there may be sighting reports from nearby Independence , MO but I haven't found any yet .

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Um...ok I have no sound here but the object in that video is not what they are claiming is the object right?

That looks incredibly like a ...wait for it... star ( from news footage).

Now that said during my recent observation of the Solar Eclipse many people in my neighborhood had some very let’s say “special” ideas of when it would occur how it would look and even that I was pulling their leg when I showed them on my scope. One couple that passed were not even interested in seeing it which blew my mind.

It taught me one thing the common person does not even have a clue about the sky let alone the night sky!

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Thanks for sharing ThinkingCap. It's good to include every local news story on here.
My 2 pence worth is that while, on & off, Vega has looked pretty nuts the last few weeks here, it hasn't looked THAT nuts! Plus they do mention more than one appearing. It'd be good to find any more on this...
'off for a cursory trawl...

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

I've seen similar lights near Kansas City a number of times. They were green and red, and changed to purple and blue. Seemed to be mobile. I assumed they were planes because there are two airports nearby, a large commercial one and a small private one. I'm not familiar with airplane lights being so festive and changing color like these did, but someone please 'enlighten' me if they do. I do watch the sky frequently, and I have only seen the lights these people describe when I'm driving. Maybe a light tower downtown? Fancy drones?
Notably, the day of the eclipse (May 20), there was an insane amount of air activity. I could hear a plane go by every half hour or so, which is unusual.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
What a redirect from NORAD. The last statement of the vid says NORAD is looking into the report but they are not sure if the report came out of MO. or not. lol. TYhat tells me they are not looking into the report itself but where it came from, like that is more important than what the reported object/light is. Government/Military redirects at it finest.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
sigh.

While I'm very happy to see that a local news channel was reporting it, and even went out with their cameras and were able to video something, I'm rather annoyed about several things:

Was this only seen locally?
At what time were these sightings?
There was a telescope in the video directed at the object.....that means they have RA and Dec coordinates and could have reported that.
A Ufology group that was not sure if it was Vega or not? COME ON! LEARN THE NIGHT SKY PEOPLE!
Vega does look white, but atmospheric conditions can make it look like it's flickering colors too, so knowing if it's in the same position that Vega is suppose to be (that RA and Dec info), is crucial.
No one on hand had the iPhone app that lets you hold the phone up to the sky and show what objects are there?
How long did it persist?
Did it move WITH the background stars? Or did the stars move and the object stay in the same place in the sky?

Sure wish they'd had more information put out.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I was more surprised that you have those little flying policemen. I thought it was bad here and we only have CCTV. for now.

The star dies sound strange. Wonder what it turns out to be?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I don't know, folks. This looks pretty much just like a bright star. I've seen a lot of them lately that are scintillating with multiple distinctly bright colors. I'm surprised that with all these witnesses, a MUFON investigator and a television news crew, nobody has thought to look at a star chart to rule that out. The investigator said she thought it might be Vega, but I'm not sure why she didn't take definite steps to confirm it. My sister-in-law has an app on her phone that tells you exactly where all the stars and planets are in the sky just by pointing at them. The fact that nobody has noted any movement aside from one short drop in altitude mentioned by one woman (autokinesis?) leads me to think these are probably stars. That's my take on this. We are going on really skimpy information here, none of which is very compelling.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Orkojoker
I don't know, folks. This looks pretty much just like a bright star. I've seen a lot of them lately that are scintillating with multiple distinctly bright colors. I'm surprised that with all these witnesses, a MUFON investigator and a television news crew, nobody has thought to look at a star chart to rule that out. The investigator said she thought it might be Vega, but I'm not sure why she didn't take definite steps to confirm it. My sister-in-law has an app on her phone that tells you exactly where all the stars and planets are in the sky just by pointing at them. The fact that nobody has noted any movement aside from one short drop in altitude mentioned by one woman (autokinesis?) leads me to think these are probably stars. That's my take on this. We are going on really skimpy information here, none of which is very compelling.

I just love it when people pick and choose which parts of an argument they are going to respond to.

Care to respond to the fact that it was seen suddenly dropping??
or how about the fact that there were multiple lights seen appearing?

thanks.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed

I just love it when people pick and choose which parts of an argument they are going to respond to.

Care to respond to the fact that it was seen suddenly dropping??
or how about the fact that there were multiple lights seen appearing?

thanks.

About the light dropping, I got the sense that it didn't drop very far, and as far as we know that was only reported by that one witness. There is this thing called autokinesis:

The autokinetic effect (also referred to as autokinesis) is a phenomenon of human visual perception in which a stationary, small point of light in an otherwise dark or featureless environment appears to move.

Wikipedia - Autokinetic effect

Not saying this is definitely the answer, but from what info we have we can't really rule it out. This is really the only detail of the sightings (as reported) that would be inconsistent with scintillating stars, and it may be explainable by a known optical effect. Now if the thing really did drop, and there are other witnesses who corroborate it, then the autokinesis explanation - and probably the star explanation along with it - become far less convincing.

I also noticed they said more objects started to appear as it got darker. Well, that also sounds like stars/planets. As it gets darker, more stars become visible.

Again, this is just my opinion based on what they said in the news piece. Human beings are apparently notorious for mistaking bright, scintillating stars for something they're not. If you look at any collection of UFO reports that has been evaluated, you find that a fairly sizable portion of the ones that are eventually identified are determined to be heavenly bodies and other astronomical phenomena. As I mentioned, we don't really have a lot of information to go on in this case, so my statements are obviously based on only partial evidence and subject to revision should any new facts pop up.

As far as UFO reports go, this one would be categorized as "low strangeness". If you familiarize yourself with the serious UFO literature, you will recognize that this is not really a very interesting set of reports - that is, at least going by the information that was presented.

edit on 24-5-2012 by Orkojoker because: typo

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I've lurked for a long time here and this is the first post that has really been relevant to me, I know I'll get flamed if I don't post pics/a vid so I'll work on it, but I live in Kansas city, about 45 minutes outside of blue springs. I don't watch the local news so I had no idea. I got on here read this thread, walked outside and saw it.

It was pretty obvious as it is changing colors just as described, it's moving albeit very slowly and there may be more than one, I'm less sure on the others as they haven't (noticeably) moved and may in fact be stars as they seem to "twinkle" more than change colors. I live in a pretty bright area, not a ton of stars to be seen around here and this light is pretty odd but easily overlooked if you aren't looking for it.

I'll see if I can find the old camera.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by cqnoble

Well I recorded it.
My camera doesn't really do it justice. I had to turn the low lux feature on and it tends to just suck up all the light it can to show as much detail as possible so you can't really see it change colors, but it is going from a red to a blue and best I can tell a white.

Lights over Kansas City

This next part of my story I'm sure no one will believe but I'll share it because it is factual and relevant. As I was trying to upload the video I received a call from my boss asking where I was, I forgot to check the schedule and as a result I was 40 minutes late... oops! I work about 30 minutes south-southwest of my house. Far fewer trees and far better sky visibility. I'll try to take a pic with my iPhone but honestly if I get anything other than an all black picture I'll be shocked (its a 3g :\).

But now I'm sure that there are more of them. I was only sure of the one before but at last count outside there were six. I noticed a few smaller red lights going around one of them in no specific pattern.

What I'm sure of:
I am in fact still alive.
This is real life.
There are lights in the sky unlike any I've ever noticed before.

What I'm not sure of:
That any of them aren't something man made.

I'm not saying that these are alien craft, in fact if they are, I really wish my first sighting would have been far more exciting. I would be willing to bet that they're some sort of balloons or drones.

I grew up in the country, dated many a farmers daughter, and stared into the sky laying in many a field, hours from the nearest city, and never have I ever seen any star, planet or satellite do anything like this at all. I'm not saying these aren't a known (to someone) object, I am saying I don't believe these to be stars/planets.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
It looks a lot like a star to me.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
This is similar to what I saw in 1989 except what I saw was moving. I lived in the flight path for Kansas City airport(MCI), lived there for years and know what airplane lights look like at night. All planes stopped flying over head and after it left I heard military jets heading after it(ex Air Force and worked the flight line). I had several family and friends agree with me that the traffic was abnormal that night during and after the sighting. I lost land phone contact with a friend who lived several miles away before it left. Also a few days later Paul Harvey commented on it during his radio broadcast. A side note my dog would not leave my side while it was there. He was within inches of me the whole time it was there which he normally didn't do. Total time about 15 minutes I saw it.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Some similar lights caught moving over Canada

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
This is near my neck of the woods, how exciting!

Going to try to talk my husband into making a trek to Blue Springs tonight so we can take a look.

What part of the sky is this object supposed to be located?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join