It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay marriage in X-Men, Famous DC character to come out.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggmoneyme
lust is the hinderance, and lose of semen. a man can have a wife and still progress spirituality. look at ramalinga and ramakrishna. both had wives but both were celibates.
Since lesbians don't lose semen, are they good to go?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
what the heck does spiritual growth have to do with a gay comic book hero? maybe gay/bi kids will feel better about being who they are and not so depressed/suicidal. im all for it.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

being a homosexual will hinder spiritual progress
I've tried to process your way of thinking a little more, and I still don't get what you have against homosexuals. Why do believers focus so intently on them? To me, it seems like liars, thieves, adulterers, fornicators (people having sex with multiple partners outside of wedlock), murderers, rapists, pedophiles, racists, etc. would hinder spiritual growth much more than homosexuals. I mean, if these homosexuals are committed to each other with love, what is the problem? Why would that hinder spiritual growth any more than these other things? Why don't you speak out on these other things like you do against homosexuality?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

and dont be a racist and indentify a man by his skin colour- consciousness has no colour. being a homosexual will hinder spiritual progress
In what way will homosexuality hinder spiritual progress?

it arsies out of lust. and as someone stated before even a heterosexual relationship can hinder it but atleast that can serve a purpose- children keep the species alive.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

being a homosexual will hinder spiritual progress
I've tried to process your way of thinking a little more, and I still don't get what you have against homosexuals. Why do believers focus so intently on them? To me, it seems like liars, thieves, adulterers, fornicators (people having sex with multiple partners outside of wedlock), murderers, rapists, pedophiles, racists, etc. would hinder spiritual growth much more than homosexuals. I mean, if these homosexuals are committed to each other with love, what is the problem? Why would that hinder spiritual growth any more than these other things? Why don't you speak out on these other things like you do against homosexuality?

im not a believer of anything. and i never said being a murder and liar is good. thats called putting words in my mouth. love under todays meaning is a worthless word. i love lots of men and women but i donthave lust towards them. being a slave to compulsive desire is the danger, whether it be a compulsive desire to rape or kill or have sex with same/opposite sex. but like i said, at least in a heteorsexual relationship children can be created. but you want to be a beast, like the animals, who are a slave to their compulsion. that is why there can be no spiritual progress for someone who can't even control their mind. and attainment of the human birth only serves one purpose, to gather the love of the divine so one can escape from duality. good luck doing that if you only live to serve the desires that arise out of the mind
edit on 24-5-2012 by biggmoneyme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

it arsies out of lust. and as someone stated before even a heterosexual relationship can hinder it but atleast that can serve a purpose- children keep the species alive.
And do you believe that sterile people should not have sex?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

And do you believe that sterile people should not have sex?

depends if they have spiritual ambitions or not. why have sex if the only goal is to receive pleasure and at that such a temporary pleasure. my girlfriend left me because i refused to sleep with her LOL. i know a lot of guys are laughing at that.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

im not a believer of anything. and i never said being a murder and liar is good. thats called putting words in my mouth.
You didn't say those were bad either. You only singled out homosexuals, so that's why I asked.

love under todays meaning is a worthless word. i love lots of men and women but i donthave lust towards them. being a slave to compulsive desire is the danger, whether it be a compulsive desire to rape or kill or have sex with same/opposite sex. but like i said, at least in a heteorsexual relationship children can be created.
Then it would seem that sterile heterosexual people should live single and celibate in your opinion. Am I putting words in your mouth by saying that? If so, what are your thoughts on sterile heterosexuals?

but you want to be a beast, like the animals, who are a slave to their compulsion. that is why there can be no spiritual progress for someone who can't even control their mind
Why do I have to be a beast? I've only had sex with one woman, my wife. Again, how does lust hinder spirituality? What is the mechanism behind it?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

im not a believer of anything. and i never said being a murder and liar is good. thats called putting words in my mouth.
You didn't say those were bad either. You only singled out homosexuals, so that's why I asked.

love under todays meaning is a worthless word. i love lots of men and women but i donthave lust towards them. being a slave to compulsive desire is the danger, whether it be a compulsive desire to rape or kill or have sex with same/opposite sex. but like i said, at least in a heteorsexual relationship children can be created.
Then it would seem that sterile heterosexual people should live single and celibate in your opinion. Am I putting words in your mouth by saying that? If so, what are your thoughts on sterile heterosexuals?

but you want to be a beast, like the animals, who are a slave to their compulsion. that is why there can be no spiritual progress for someone who can't even control their mind
Why do I have to be a beast? I've only had sex with one woman, my wife. Again, how does lust hinder spirituality? What is the mechanism behind it?

after reading your first line i think of you as a complete joke and i won't waste my time talking to you

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

depends if they have spiritual ambitions or not. why have sex if the only goal is to receive pleasure and at that such a temporary pleasure. my girlfriend left me because i refused to sleep with her LOL. i know a lot of guys are laughing at that.
Why do ANYTHING that brings temporary pleasure? Let me answer....because it does bring pleasure.

Why did you desire to have a girlfriend? What was your ultimate goal with that relationship?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

after reading your first line i think of you as a complete joke and i won't waste my time talking to you
Fair enough. I can't make everyone happy...

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by biggmoneyme

You do realize this is 2012 and you don't have to have sex to procreate anymore right? Homosexual people can have children very easily, it's called IVF.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I just want to point out that DC are not undoing decades of work. Last September they rebooted the entire universe after the Flashpoint crossover. This is the second time they've done this. The first was after Crisis on Infinite Earths back in the 80s. They're still very much feeling out the universe. I believe this month was issue #8 for all the new comics which was going to be the last issues for a number of poorly selling comics and they were going to be replaced with new comics. My guess is it's going to be in one of those new comics. If I had to bet it would be the hero of China Mieville's Dial H or possibly one of the characters in Batman Incorporated.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

and dont be a racist and indentify a man by his skin colour- consciousness has no colour. being a homosexual will hinder spiritual progress
In what way will homosexuality hinder spiritual progress?

I don't know about the rest of the world (actually Yes, I do,, but for this post start this sounds better),, but

Here down South,,, I actually have a problem finding a date with a man who Does NOT have children.

So,,, don't worry dude,, every once in awhile a gay guy dips, just to make sure,,, we are logical,, so know that if you have not tried it,,, you Should Not Knock it..
So, Many of us have children we Produced the 'old fashion way,,,
even within wedlock. Wow.

then got LEGAL divorces,,, and are still GOOD PARENTS ,, just like many divorcees out there,,
and did as so many (I am sure a few are in your church) and found love,, got married again,,

oh but wait,,, don't want gays doing that ,,, but ok for ''STRAIGHT' divorcees to do so,,,, not logical.

And we are Raising children,,
who will read this series of Comic Books,,
and go on to live productive happy lives.

Welcome to the 21 century.
Have a blast ''savin souls''

I guess your god has some kind of contest going on,,, the way you folks are beating down doors to save everyones soul,,,,,

least your own.

Mind your own business,, and get your FOOT OFF OF MY RIGHTS.

PS: Wonder Woman is my pic for who it will be,, just logical,, but as we all know sometimes things just are not .......logical.

edit on 5/25/2012 by EarthCitizen23 because: added PS

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

As stated already, the obvious choice would be "The Batman." And like buster said in his comment, Batty's got that pedo undercurrent going like he's a founding member of NAMBLA. I think the only time his 'young ward' ever reached the ooold age of 18, Bruce kicked him out and got a new, younger model.

From comic book writer Grant Morrison's interview in Playboy (link is safe for work, as long as your work doesn't mind you visiting sites with "playboy" in the URL)

Morrison: “I got interested in the class element of Batman: He’s a rich man who beats up poor people. It’s quite a bizarre mission to go out at night dressed as a bat and punch the hell out of junkies. And then he goes home and lives in this mansion. There’s an aspirational quality to him—he’s an outlaw and he can buy anything. He has a new Batmobile every movie. He’s very plutonian in the sense that he’s wealthy and also in the sense that he’s sexually deviant. Gayness is built into Batman. I’m not using gay in the pejorative sense, but Batman is very, very gay. There’s just no denying it. Obviously as a fictional character he’s intended to be heterosexual, but the basis of the whole concept is utterly gay. I think that’s why people like it. All these women fancy him and they all wear fetish clothes and jump around rooftops to get to him. He doesn’t care—he’s more interested in hanging out with the old guy and the kid.”

But let's face it, he's so deep in the closet he's in the batcave.

Edit: oops, I just saw the other thread for this exact topic. Sorry folks, first time visiting this section. :S
edit on 5/31/2012 by ViolatoR because: superfluous posting of a topic already beaten like a dead horse

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ViolatoR

Looking at the history of Batman it just doesn't make sense. There has been clear sexual tension between Batman and Catwoman for years now and they have had sex on a number of occasions. He was also married to Talia al Ghul at one time and even has a child with her, Damian, who is the current Robin. When it comes down to it though he is more asexual than anything else. His primary drive in life is his crusade against crime. Everything else takes a back seat to that.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Yeah, I agree with that. Despite having someone beard for him occasionally, in the long run, he is more asexual than anything. In my mind that makes him more unsettling then having a man crush on Robin or the Joker.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Anyone thought about Blue Beetle, I don't know much of this character other than wha ti've seen on Smallville and Batman Brave abd the Bold.

But he could definatly be in the closet, no?

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

the fact that the gay agenda is being shoved down our throats is reason enough to stand against the homosexuality movement. funny how when a society stops producing things, like america has, it's youth turns into queers(also non productive lol). Nature created sex to keep the species alive and nothing more. if youre gay and reading this maybe you should embrace the energy you're trying to get through a relationship. A feminine guy should embrace the masculine energy, not just try to get it from another man.

I think it's messed up that some media avenues have taken it upon themselves to push moral beliefs onto people. There are certain things that we all agree with like you shouldn't randomly kill people. You shouldn't steal. Etc. But the idea that gay behavior isn't wrong is very controversial. What is a person who disagrees with the gay life style supposed to think when their comics attempt to brainwash them? I don't know about you, but it would piss me off. I really don't know how else to explain this people, but let me try anyway. Take something you find wrong or disgusting. Now imagine your favorite comic trying to brainwash you into thinking that this something is in fact not wrong or disgusting and that if you think otherwise, then you're a bad person.
edit on 26-7-2012 by Sleepwalk7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Sleepwalk7

As I stated earlier in this thread this is not a new trend for comics. The X-Men were a product of the civil rights movement. It showed how ridiculous it is to persecute someone just because they're different. That didn't stop the X-Men from becoming the best selling comic of all time. Why is it that there's no problem when people in other artistic mediums express their political opinions through their work but it's not allowed in comics? Why do people have no problem with James Cameron using Avatar as a vehicle for his political views but John Byrne can't make Northstar gay?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join