It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay marriage in X-Men, Famous DC character to come out.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I couldn't find anything posted about this yet, and i wasn't sure if i should put this in the comic forum, or a political forum.

"They can't do Batman, because he's known to be a player," she said. "Superman loves Lois Lane. Aquaman is married to Mera. Green Lantern? He's been around girls."

Nightwing, who is basically just Robin all grown up, had a relationship with Batgirl (not to be confused with Batwoman, who is gay) so that ruled him out in her eyes.

Her bet for the likeliest DC hero to be outted: Booster Gold, who debuted in 1986.

"He's got all the characteristics, if you look back; it makes sense," she says. "He's a showoff, he always wants to be in the spotlight. But he's never really been around women. I guess it could also be Flash."

www.guardian.co.uk...

So my question is, do you think this is something the writers are actually passionate enough about that they were willing to boldly alter the perception of decades of work, or is this simply an attempt at edginess to stay relevant?
edit on 24-5-2012 by Bodhi7 because: fixed link

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Bodhi7

Wonder Woman is the obvious character to outted as gay. She hangs around nothing but chicks as an amazon.

Plus, it links her more to Xena.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Bodhi7

It def has to be Ace and Gary from the Ambiguously Gay duo

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
As to your question, I would guess that it is the latter. It's a bit saddening that the decades of work are being twisted for propaganda. Be that as it may, I can honestly say that I'm not surprised by much of anything anymore.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Flash isn't gay. He's always flirting with the ladies.

It's gotta be Zan from the Wonder Twins.

www.kryptonsite.com...
edit on 24-5-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
the fact that the gay agenda is being shoved down our throats is reason enough to stand against the homosexuality movement. funny how when a society stops producing things, like america has, it's youth turns into queers(also non productive lol). Nature created sex to keep the species alive and nothing more. if youre gay and reading this maybe you should embrace the energy you're trying to get through a relationship. A feminine guy should embrace the masculine energy, not just try to get it from another man.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggmoneyme
the fact that the gay agenda is being shoved down our throats is reason enough to stand against the homosexuality movement. funny how when a society stops producing things, like america has, it's youth turns into queers(also non productive lol). Nature created sex to keep the species alive and nothing more. if youre gay and reading this maybe you should embrace the energy you're trying to get through a relationship. A feminine guy should embrace the masculine energy, not just try to get it from another man.
Should sterile people have sex?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I vote for NOVA.

Marvel comic character NOVA's real name is Richard Rider - more commonly known as DICK RIDER.

en.wikipedia.org...

^ look if you don't believe me.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Any follower of the Batman over the years knows Batman is more of a pedo than a player.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by biggmoneyme

I don't want the thread going in this direction, take your ignorance elsewhere.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

May be you should pay a little bit more attention to nature because it happens in every species.

A country stops producing and people go gay over it.

So let me guess when our country was producing then there were no gays here?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by igor_ats

Lol. Genius

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

What a load of crap.

Mat seriously, stop it, you have nothing to back any of that up - Stop spouting crap.

Hate post, nothing else. Go troll somewhere else

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

May be you should pay a little bit more attention to nature because it happens in every species.

A country stops producing and people go gay over it.

So let me guess when our country was producing then there were no gays here?

funny how your man at times and beast at others. whenever it benefits you to be a certain way thats the way it is. and no there have always been gays but you see clearly as i can it's been amped up

and let me make this clear. i have nothing agaisnt gays. they may choose to identify with something so superficial as sexual orientation but god is within them just as he is within everyone. I'm only stating it is an indication of a deeper social problem. homosexuality itself is not a problem, but it is also not benefiting anyone. and you people are so half and half. the man pushes something on you , you don't like and it's time to revolt. but the same man pushes something on you that you feel you'll be considered ignorant if you stand agiasnt so you just swallow like a huge horsepill
edit on 24-5-2012 by biggmoneyme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

and let me make this clear. i have nothing agaisnt gays. they may choose to identify with something so superficial as sexual orientation but god is within them just as he is within everyone. I'm only stating it is an indication of a deeper social problem. homosexuality itself is not a problem, but it is also not benefiting anyone. and you people are so half and half. the man pushes something on you , you don't like and it's time to revolt. but the same man pushes something on you that you feel you'll be considered ignorant if you stand agiasnt so you just swallow like a huge horsepill
Just curious, do you think women should be able to vote, or that African Americans should sit at the back of the bus?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Just curious, do you think women should be able to vote, or that African Americans should sit at the back of the bus?

if you want to vote go ahead and vote.
and dont be a racist and indentify a man by his skin colour- consciousness has no colour. being a homosexual will hinder spiritual progress
edit on 24-5-2012 by biggmoneyme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
One of my favs..

This might make comics more fun.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

All the great spiritual leaders think sexuality in general is a hinderance to spiritual growth, why single out one type?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bodhi7

All the great spiritual leaders think sexuality in general is a hinderance to spiritual growth, why single out one type?

lust is the hinderance, and lose of semen. a man can have a wife and still progress spirituality. look at ramalinga and ramakrishna. both had wives but both were celibates.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

and dont be a racist and indentify a man by his skin colour- consciousness has no colour. being a homosexual will hinder spiritual progress
In what way will homosexuality hinder spiritual progress?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join