It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrat Hypocrisy on Full Display…Another Non-Issue by the Left

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
< Raises hand > Can I make a suggestion? Maybe we should just stop chiming in on these threads and let the dividers feed on themselves. It is a game to some apparently and the futility of finding middle ground is like wearing concrete boots to the lake in these forums.

What gets me is those that gripe about condemning Bush or the GOP and how unfair and unclassy it was, then they do the same thing. To me, if I don't like something, I try not to further participate in it or encourage it. Some of you hate or disapprove the Bush or GOP bashing, so it's okay to do the same things you hate and disapprove of? That just seems immature and destructive to me, but I guess it's fun for some.

To Neo96

I know that one starts with a D and sound alot like De Nile.

You can act like a real jerk dude. Where is my ignore button when I need it.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Sad that the left can't call the war on terrorism the war on terrorism they have to be poltically correct and say man caused disasters but then turn around and scream right wingers are waging a war on women!!!!

Hypocrites!!!!!

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by lonegurkha

OMG they were comparing male and female STAFFERS, so YES it was the same job.

Read the quote:

Murray, who has repeatedly accused Republicans of waging a “war a women,” is one of the worst offenders. Female members of Murray’s staff made about $21,000 less per year than male staffers in 2011, a difference of 35.2 percent.

Nice try at discrediting my OP though!

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SDStar643
reply to post by lonegurkha

To get back on topic: a quick Google search tells me why women are paid less than men. They are more likely to call in sick and burn out faster at their jobs and quit their jobs more frequently. In fact, many women have missed work because they were having a "fat day" or a "bad hair day". Employers take all of these statistics into consideration when they hire and pay women. It's not about what big bad men are doing to women...it's what women do to themselves by acting in a way that creates these statistics that negatively reflect upon them.

Didn't read what I said now did you. Read the op and the link there is nothing about what jobs were considered they generalized saying staff.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Apparently you didn't read this post did you?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

or this one:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Wasn't very nice there now was it?
edit on 24-5-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

< Raises hand > Can I make a suggestion? Maybe we should just stop chiming in on these threads and let the dividers feed on themselves. To me, if I don't like something, I try not to further participate in it or encourage it.

Uhm…you don’t like this thread yet you keep participating???

Are you trying to pull one over on us? Is this another example of hypocrisy we’re witnessing?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I do regularly. Most of my political threads these days are on what Conservatives and Liberals agree on or where I think we could agree or about how our elected officials are essentially the same. I renounced the Democrats when I got into Occupy and have officially changed my voter registration from Democrat to Undeclared. I'm not even a Liberal per se but I am on the Left...Libertarian Left.

So yes it bothers me when threads pop up lumping all the Left together as I'm sure threads lumping all the Right bother you and the OP and the rest of the "party". Had the title simply been Democrats, I wouldn't have cared.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I’m going to pull a MOD and see my way out of this thread while it cools down (and I need to go feed my family).

Thanks to everyone who posted (even my little buddies from the left). Without the banter it would be boring!

Until later…………

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

And what exactly, were those generic staffers jobs? Were they all stuffing envelopes were they all cheif of staffs. Were they all secretaries. You should have done the work to seperate the jobs as all these positions would recieve different salaries and you know it.

Now if you want to do the proper research here, then we will have some actual facts to discuss. Your evidence is invalid. Whether you like it or not.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Umm, yea, because unlike some of you, I care about my fellow citizens and ATS neighbors, and how they feel. Guess it's the liberal in me. S'all good guys, I'll eventually learn to stop participating.
It seems some see this as competitive, whereas others see it as destructive. I think the ego is essential, but it can take over in a detrimental way some times.

Peace out
edit on 24-5-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
reply to post by seabag

Umm, yea, because unlike some of you, I care about my fellow citizens and ATS neighbors, and how they feel. Guess it's the liberal in me. S'all good guys, I'll eventually learn to stop participating.

Peace out

Funny but go around calling them jerks tho

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Didn't the "Lily Ledbetter Fair Pay Act", the very first act signed into law by this president, make this a non issue by saying that if you don't pay your female employees equal to your male employees that you can now be held accountable by law? I'm not entirely familiar with the entirety of that act, but it was my understanding that it made it much easier to take an employer to court to hold them accountable if they aren't paying their female employees equitably in comparison to their male counterparts.

Or was that one with some unwritten language that says "but don't worry about all this if you're a democrat, because it's okay to pay your female employees about $21,000/year less than their male counterparts" and is only enforced on others in some kind of freakish "do as I say, not as I do" type scenario?

It seems that this is just redundant and, frankly, a waste of taxpayer dollars since there are already laws in place in regard to this issue.

Take care,
Cindi

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Funny but go around calling them jerks tho

Only when defending another yo....as opposed to piling on. And I did not call you a jerk, I said you acted like one with that statement to Kali.
That's the difference between you and me, I don't generalize as much.

ciao
edit on 24-5-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

TextHey seabag ever hear of something called equal rights? You know it's that little thing the right hates.
reply to post by buster2010

Does that equal rights thing apply for the next war? And there will be one. What happens when the little boys figure out the scam of getting your butt shot off while the gals and the illegals take all the jobs? The female has about all the career jobs that now exist and why do you suppose they got all of that? Simple math. They got them because they worked for less besides the fact that the men are stupid enough to step up and get their a** shot off for the politicians. What will happen when the next big one come and we need the men to step up? Do you think for a moment that they will? Would you be willing to go to war knowing that this rotten DC gang and the illegals as well as the female will take what you have? Better rethink all of this before the other shoe drops. There is a lot more to this equal pay thing then what the empty skirts are demanding. If you draft me you better draft them for the same job.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

You can act like a real jerk dude. Where is my ignore button when I need it.

Only one way to take that and that was one massive generalization so if your sitting there claiming moral superiority over me well.

that dog don't hunt cause i said nothing even close to that.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glencairn
Didn't the "Lily Ledbetter Fair Pay Act", the very first act signed into law by this president, make this a non issue by saying that if you don't pay your female employees equal to your male employees that you can now be held accountable by law? I'm not entirely familiar with the entirety of that act, but it was my understanding that it made it much easier to take an employer to court to hold them accountable if they aren't paying their female employees equitably in comparison to their male counterparts.

Or was that one with some unwritten language that says "but don't worry about all this if you're a democrat, because it's okay to pay your female employees about $21,000/year less than their male counterparts" and is only enforced on others in some kind of freakish "do as I say, not as I do" type scenario?

It seems that this is just redundant and, frankly, a waste of taxpayer dollars since there are already laws in place in regard to this issue.

Take care,
Cindi

Dang!

great info!

I'm gettin' educated! To further ask, why then is it still an issue?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

You mean like these...

Seabag, you don't expect liberals to live by the laws and rules they dictate, do you?

-Beezer

I almost said government. But liberals tend to claim the moral high ground so often that I thought it appropriate in this case.

-Beezer

The left has always claim the "moral high ground" indeed to date none have ever shown it.

-Neo

The left is the most hyprocritical group out there.

-Neo

And this post with the cute little cartoon.

All politicians are lying hypocrites. But liberals are the worst…

-Seabag

Yeah i can and they say liberals lie Deal.

Shall I go on?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

No moral high ground here, just don't like to see someone, particularly a lady, get made fun of by phrases like
D De Nile" Her criticisms had class and respect imo, whereas your comment to her was just lame and mean.
I love ya anyway brother, cuz that's how I roll... now have a good un'!

Peace and you can have the last word.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Go on quote where i called anyone jerks dear and oh didn't you get banned from chat for calling someone a bad word?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by neo96

You mean like these...

Seabag, you don't expect liberals to live by the laws and rules they dictate, do you?

-Beezer

I almost said government. But liberals tend to claim the moral high ground so often that I thought it appropriate in this case.

-Beezer

The left has always claim the "moral high ground" indeed to date none have ever shown it.

-Neo

The left is the most hyprocritical group out there.

-Neo

And this post with the cute little cartoon.

All politicians are lying hypocrites. But liberals are the worst…

-Seabag

Yeah i can and they say liberals lie Deal.

Shall I go on?

Please do!

Look, I stand by my posts, warts and all. Start a thread on useless republicans, hell, I'll probably star ya. The truth sometimes paints a picture we don't want to look at. But as grown-us, we have to.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join