It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrat Hypocrisy on Full Display…Another Non-Issue by the Left

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

A group of Democratic female senators on Wednesday declared war on the so-called “gender pay gap,” urging their colleagues to pass the aptly named Paycheck Fairness Act when Congress returns from recess next month. However, a substantial gender pay gap exists in their own offices, a Washington Free Beacon analysis of Senate salary data reveals.

Sounds legit right? Until you realize that the same people calling for action are some of the worst offenders!!

Of the five senators who participated in Wednesday’s press conference—Barbara Mikulski (D., Md.), Patty Murray (D., Wash.), Debbie Stabenow (D., Mich.), Dianne Feinstein (D., Calif.) and Barbara Boxer (D., Calif.)—three pay their female staff members significantly less than male staffers.

This bogus “War on Women” that dems are accusing the republicans of is actually an exercise in hypocrisy.

Murray, who has repeatedly accused Republicans of waging a “war a women,” is one of the worst offenders. Female members of Murray’s staff made about $21,000 less per year than male staffers in 2011, a difference of 35.2 percent.
link

I have an idea…why don’t you get your own house in order before you criticize others?? As the saying goes - If you live in a glass house, don’t throw stones!

Why is this even an issue for congress now? Is the economy fixed already? Is unemployment back to 4%? Is our national debt under control already? This is a non-issue for me. We face bigger problems in this country right now.

+1 more 
posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Women do get paid less than men in general -

100 years ago, Women got paid 5 times less than men on average for doing the same job.

Today I believe it is near 30%

It is my opinion that if women could magically make as much as men overnight, our

economy would be better off. They would have more to spend, which would increase

sales and a need for more employees, etc. I think women should be paid the same if

their performance merits it and in many cases I think that is the case.

Women are beautiful and hard working just like the rest of us, I like women

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Beanskinner

It is my opinion that if women could magically make as much as men overnight, our

economy would be better off.

So in your mind this IS the most important issue we face AND the cause of our economic troubles??

Seriously?

Me too, and I’d like to see men and women paid equally but that’s not the most important issue we face. Let’s pull the bus back off the edge of the cliff and get back on the road before we worry about how comfortable the passengers are.

edit on 24-5-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

So it's ok for women to be paid less than men for doing the same job?

This is only a non-issue if you think women should be home, barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen. If women only listened to the right then they would know their place.

Hey seabag ever hear of something called equal rights? You know it's that little thing the right hates.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Of the five senators who participated in Wednesday’s press conference—Barbara Mikulski (D., Md.), Patty Murray (D., Wash.), Debbie Stabenow (D., Mich.), Dianne Feinstein (D., Calif.) and Barbara Boxer (D., Calif.)—three pay their female staff members significantly less than male staffers.

Hypocrites indeed!!!!

Come on now live up to the standards you set for others wait no?

Then shut up about it.

+7 more 
posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Seabag, you don't expect liberals to live by the laws and rules they dictate, do you?

We have pay disparity between the sexes. Okay for them, but if you do it, you're a hater.
We have the gun issues (it's okay for their bodyguards, but your family should get shot!)

Food, cars, homes, carbon footprints, taxes, drug testing, interns, . . . . . .

Hypocrisy, thy name is democrat.

+13 more 
posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Another thread, basically stating "the only important issues are the issues that are important to me. If you care about anything else, you are stupid".

Gotta love ATS these days.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Another thread, basically stating "the only important issues are the issues that are important to me. If you care about anything else, you are stupid".

And yet here you are anyway….adding nothing!

Do you think women’s pay issues are top priority as our economy crumbles?

+3 more 
posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Another thread, basically stating "the only important issues are the issues that are important to me. If you care about anything else, you are stupid". Gotta love ATS these days.

Basically stating?

The op clearly said women get paid less than men and it also said liberals lead the charge for women's rights but have done nothing about it even in the highest levels.

Gotta love ATS indeed when people take pot shots at other posters instead of posting on topic.

+1 more 
posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

And yet here you are anyway….adding nothing!

Do you think women’s pay issues are top priority as our economy crumbles?

I think it is AN issue. I think it is an important one. What makes you think it is your place to tell people which issues should be important to them?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

This is an illustration of the moral fibre (or lack thereof) of the elected twits in DC.

You may feel it is below debate, but I think it is a clear indication of their ambiguity towards issues that they initially raise!

link   
reply to post by buster2010

So it's ok for women to be paid less than men for doing the same job?

No it’s not and I didn’t say that. I said it’s hypocritical that the people pointing it out are the biggest offenders and our serious economic troubles make this issue MUCH less important at this time.

This is only a non-issue if you think women should be home, barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen. If women only listened to the right then they would know their place.

Again, I didn’t say any of that. Please allow me to type my own thoughts…I’m quite capable. Thanks!

Hey seabag ever hear of something called equal rights? You know it's that little thing the right hates.

Have you ever heard of economic collapse?? There won’t be jobs for men OR WOMEN if we don’t fix that first!

link   

So in your mind this IS the most important issue we face AND the cause of our economic troubles??

Seriously?

You sure did try to stuff a bunch of words in my mouth son

if women were paid 30 % more

that would mean 15% more money in circulation, being that they are OVER half the population.

That would stimulate the economy and it wouldn't require any welfare or hand outs either.

It is a speculative solution - and what are you laughing at? Did I say something funny?
edit on 24-5-2012 by Beanskinner because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Another thread, basically stating "the only important issues are the issues that are important to me. If you care about anything else, you are stupid". Gotta love ATS these days.

Basically stating?

The op clearly said women get paid less than men and it also said liberals lead the charge for women's rights but have done nothing about it even in the highest levels.

Gotta love ATS indeed when people take pot shots at other posters instead of posting on topic.

Right, because the OP DIDN'T follow it up with this gem:

Me too, and I’d like to see men and women paid equally but that’s not the most important issue we face. Let’s pull the bus back off the edge of the cliff and get back on the road before we worry about how comfortable the passengers are.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Oh so flip flopped from saying how beneath the topic is to defending the topic.

Yep love ATS people always try to have it both ways.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Oh so flip flopped from saying how beneath the topic is to defending the topic.

Yep love ATS people always try to have it both ways.

quick quick, back peddle.
d

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Seriously?

The poster did not say this IS the biggest issue - never came close to it. Slapping 100 emoticons doesn't make it so either. Does the pay gap exist? Yes. Are these people hypocritical in their statements? Yes. Shall I now point out 1000 other hypocritical statements by Repubicans? You do realize "Libs" and "Cons" are the same once in washington, right? Please see that neither side is honest. They both are as absurd as each other.

CJ

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

It is a speculative solution - and what are you laughing at? Did I say something funny?

It’s funny and sad when people try to justify or defend this bogus, trumped up “War on Women” while the POTUS spends the US into oblivion. Maybe if you looked at the big picture you’d see that we won’t have an economy or jobs if we keep going the way we are. During a presidential election cycle I think this is a non-issue until we address the core economic problems we face.

This is a distraction issue!! Don’t you see that??

I’m right there with you that women should make what men make but do you think this is the most appropriate time??
It’s the most politically beneficial time for OBAMA and his re-election bid but not the right time for the country to push this issue IMO!!

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

edit on 24-5-2012 by neo96 because: double post

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Gotta love ATS these days.

Try again

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join