It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stupid question, easiest way to take a bath or shower with a splint on

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by NowanKenubi
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

I broke my scaphoid, a bone in the wrist, the hardest one to heal.. Doctors took 3 frigging years to see the fracture, saying I had a mental illness of some sort... The day after my accident, I had to lift truck suspension parts of 200lbs and more... Painful it was.

When they finally found my injury, the bone was nearly dead and they had to take another bone, near my hip, in hope it could heal but had to wait a year before surgery. My arm ended up tiny and weak for a while.
It ( the scaphoid ) died a few years ago and doctors had to remove half my wrist. Took me two years to get back to "normal"...

No, the cast didn't drip, but it broke, so they made me one out of plastic.
Lighter and removable.

Are you serious!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my god, I hope it's not broke. I hope it's just sprained and goes away and I can take this thing off myself without paying for the medical bill.

I have to see the orthopedic Doctor on the 6th of June.
edit on 24-5-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

I take it it is your wrist that is hurt? ( You may have said it in a previous post but I didn't see it then. )

No to scare you, but apparently many people have this bone broken and they don't know it... I broke it in a car accident; I was holding my steering when I hit the side of the sidewalk at 60 mph ( Slid on ice ). Even then, it looked more sprained than broken since the inflammation was almost nonexistent. But painful as hell.

And that little inflammation is what prevented the docs to see the fracture on the x-ray; it pushed the bones together...

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by NowanKenubi

It was definitely painful before it was put in the splint, after it got put it in the splint, it doesn't hurt as much as it was before.

Yes, it's the wrist near the thumb area. Whenever I move the fingers it's painful.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Well, let's hope it isn't broken... The scaphoid is under the thumb...

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

How it was wrapped. Underneath is the hard cast.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Can I ask how it happened? Maybe your doctor is suspecting a fracture on the bone but can't confirm it.

IF it is the scaphoid, I have to tell you that that bone is the one that is receiving the less amount of blood of the whole human body. It is the one with the less chances of healing.

But my case is an extreme one, so don't be afraid and thinking you will have the same problems I did.

Your doctor seems wise, that's good!

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by NowanKenubi

Can I ask how it happened? Maybe your doctor is suspecting a fracture on the bone but can't confirm it.

IF it is the scaphoid, I have to tell you that that bone is the one that is receiving the less amount of blood of the whole human body. It is the one with the less chances of healing.

But my case is an extreme one, so don't be afraid and thinking you will have the same problems I did.

Your doctor seems wise, that's good!

I broke up a dog fight. I was walking my dog on a leash and the neighbors sisters pit bull came charging after the both of us. And I got in-between to break up the fight and fell on my arm and wrist in the process.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Do you remember hearing a snapping sound? I know it can be hard when there is a commotion and lots of things are happening...

Here I found information about injury to the scaphoid.
Ortho info

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

I don't think so.

I think it's just sprained and will hurt for a couple of days.

I didn't hear any cracks.

Yeah, I already read that website. I'm keeping an eye on it. Have to give it a week though.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Well I really hope for you the pain goes away in a few days and that your bone is fine! ( As well as your dog...
)

My first surgery was made right under the thumb, and the scar looks like a suicide attempt...
It's the only scar I have that I hate.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Umm...ouch?
I bet your nickname isn't Lucky either.
I hope it all healed up nicely or as far as that is possible. They can be tricky things, wrists and hands.
(I googled scapholoid or whatever it was and was amazed to see how many bones and other "things" actually go into forming the human hand.)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

You know you hurt it from surfing ATS too much don't lie!

How you feeling mayne? Stinking yet?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

lol

The drugs are making me woozie. My brain feels like jello.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   

He's right...It will start to stink badly if it stays on long enough. When my 2 year old broke her leg (Tried to surf off the couch on a fisher price little people school bus
) she had her cast on for 6 weeks from foot to thigh. When they finally removed it, the smell was... ick. Really. You can't wash the skin under there, so you know it sweats and you can't get it off.

It's kind of like old sweat smell but not. It is hard to explain but it is distinctive! I wish you luck and fast healing with no odor!!

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Would you believe I AM lucky? Many of my injuries were really that close to seeing me dead, or worse than what I ended up with.

It's all a question of perspective.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Okay, so it's starting to smell a little now.

So what;s the trick to make the smell go away? Gold powder? or is that just for itching?

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater

Okay, so it's starting to smell a little now.

So what;s the trick to make the smell go away? Gold powder? or is that just for itching?

Why haven't you taken yo butt to Walmart and got you some Gold Bond?
It's for both, so go get you some!

Havent' heard from you in a bit, how are ya?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join