It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

What does it mean to "wake up"

page: 1
3

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Alot of people talk about waking up. What does this really mean?

What's the difference between someone who's asleep and someone who's "awake"?

Let's "wake up" the masses...or when I woke up...etc.

Someone who's "awake" knows what?

When someone wakes up to the truth, what does it mean, what truth did they wake up to?




posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
That's what people say when they think they are better than you for believing a lot of nonsense that could never be true.

Similar to a power trip. For nerds with no power.



posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Such complex answers to those questions.

Let's say you spent most of your life voting, paying your taxes and bills on time without questioning their validity or price, believing most of what the TV news tells you, believing everything in the markets are safe to eat, vaccines are safe, drinking water is safe, etc. etc..... and believing those who speak out against those beliefs are conspiracy nuts. That's "asleep".

Being "awake" is when you have realized just about everything you've believed and put faith into all your life is complete bunk, utter lies, a huge scam full of illusions and deceptions. You've "woken up" to the true reality, discarding all that you thought you've known and relearning this world all over again, with correct information.

Most awakenings are jarring and can be traumatic to one's heart and nervous system, and many people go back to sleep because they find themselves alone in their new information and way of thinking, many get lonely and go back into the Matrix.



posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by 0thetrooth0
 


It means that clichés are the way of thought-poor individuals. They don't know or seem to care what it means, but they're sure it means something good, so they choose to remain unoriginal and say anyways.



posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jefferton
That's what people say when they think they are better than you for believing a lot of nonsense that could never be true.

Similar to a power trip. For nerds with no power.


Ha! I was gong to say that when you 'wake up' you start calling people sheeple and acting rude



posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus

Originally posted by Jefferton
That's what people say when they think they are better than you for believing a lot of nonsense that could never be true.

Similar to a power trip. For nerds with no power.


Ha! I was gong to say that when you 'wake up' you start calling people sheeple and acting rude


i was just about to say the same thing.



posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by 0thetrooth0
 


I would say it means, 'waking up to the not so obvious, or that which is not commonly believed'.

If you are talking about in a conspiratorial sense, one might say, "I woke up to the fact that cointel pro played a major role in the dismantling of the Black Panther Party." This is not widely known, yet it is available for all to find out.

If you are talking about in a spiritual sense, from a Buddhist perspective it means, "I woke up to the realization that there is no self, that all phenomena is impermanent and all conditioned life is suffering."

Anyone who believes they are superior has clearly not woken up spiritually, because that entails there is still a self which has the qualities of 'better'/'worse'.



posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Typically it means people that are the complete opposite of "awake" and have their heads shoved in a specific orifice.



posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Both stances are right. People wake up to the irony that is life, all the time.But just because someone can sanely "awaken"to the fact that life is not as ideal as we would like, that does not mean that everyone who "awoke" is on the right page, or is even sane. Most of those who insist on using the phrase are antagonistic, to the point where when someone agrees with them, they still argue against them because they plain don't get it. So, it's a jungle out there.



posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi
 


I see..



posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by 0thetrooth0
 


To "wake up" is to not only realize, but to accept, that your entire reality shaped by the media and society is an enormous load of bull #. It is painful and depressing to awaken out of that blissfully ignorant slumber, so, most simply choose not to. They would rather live in the manufactured dream reality that society has most dreaming, then to wake up and see that the facade pulled back, is a hideous sight to behold, and one that you can never go back to unseeing once seen.

So its not really knowledge that awakens you; the facts are in plain sight. What awakens one is the conscious choice to see the lie, ie "wake up to reality", and accept that it exists.

In a nut shell, of course.
edit on 5/24/2012 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by 0thetrooth0
 


It's just the realization that things are not always as they seem, or as they are presented to us



posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I always took it to mean more aware. A shift in how you perceive the world around you. When you discover you have been lied to, and start trying to figure out what to believe what to believe and what not to....This can be good or bad. You either just watch your back a little better or you go overboard and it makes you a terribly paranoid wreck. Really no middle ground there.



posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0thetrooth0
Alot of people talk about waking up. What does this really mean?

What's the difference between someone who's asleep and someone who's "awake"?

Let's "wake up" the masses...or when I woke up...etc.

Someone who's "awake" knows what?

When someone wakes up to the truth, what does it mean, what truth did they wake up to?


There is different definitions from my point of view:

If you discuss Society/System the you are awakeening when you are questioning the right and wrong.

If you discuss Spirituality then it is the opening of the crown chakra (reciving the holy spirit in Christianety) either from long spiritual growing or total loss of ego/self and fear induced Amagydala overload in the brain. People become literly psycic from this and can use their third eye (another chakra) and are guided by unseen things, This is also called the rebirth or enlightment since you can feel the energy/bliss on your head that increases sense of touch to a high degree. Normaly people realise that they are part of a whole and that most duality ideas are not correct and that you are not you mind or body but something hidden in you unconcious.



posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   


What does it mean to "wake up"


In this context, it means to pretty much accept everything that the right-wing “conspiracy nut-jobs” tell you. So to be “a wake” you have to blindly accept that 9/11 was a inside job, the world will end at the end of the year, the NWO are making your kids gay, and understand that Gay’s are the devil, KFG is making black men impotent, FLURIDE (you must shout it to be awake) and lastly you have to believe unequivocally that the MIB are bugging your laptop because of all the evidence you have about the UFO’s that abducted you.

Or it could be a state of arousing form a state of being asleep.



posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by LifeIsEnergy
reply to post by 0thetrooth0
 


I would say it means, 'waking up to the not so obvious, or that which is not commonly believed'.

If you are talking about in a conspiratorial sense, one might say, "I woke up to the fact that cointel pro played a major role in the dismantling of the Black Panther Party." This is not widely known, yet it is available for all to find out.

If you are talking about in a spiritual sense, from a Buddhist perspective it means, "I woke up to the realization that there is no self, that all phenomena is impermanent and all conditioned life is suffering."

Anyone who believes they are superior has clearly not woken up spiritually, because that entails there is still a self which has the qualities of 'better'/'worse'.


Waking up spiritually is only the beginning of the lessons. And lossing ego and duality views are only temporary sometimes in a dualistic exsistance. You can be more spiritually awake than others but that only means you understand more than the others. It is not a race and the first one does not win anything but understanding and a easier life. All souls have the same value but are at different stages of evolution.



posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by apushforenlightment
 





If you discuss Spirituality then it is the opening of the crown chakra (reciving the holy spirit in Christianety) either from long spiritual growing or total loss of ego/self and fear induced Amagydala overload in the brain. People become literly psychic from this and can use their third eye (another chakra) and are guided by unseen things


That's a good explanation for the spiritual awakenings.
So in a way, there are 2 kinds of awakenings. The crown chakra is a powerful energy flush...

Here's what that awakening feels like -




posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
reply to post by apushforenlightment
 





If you discuss Spirituality then it is the opening of the crown chakra (reciving the holy spirit in Christianety) either from long spiritual growing or total loss of ego/self and fear induced Amagydala overload in the brain. People become literly psychic from this and can use their third eye (another chakra) and are guided by unseen things


That's a good explanation for the spiritual awakenings.
So in a way, there are 2 kinds of awakenings. The crown chakra is a powerful energy flush...

Here's what that awakening feels like -



Spot on or maybe to weak
.

I think this is also an appropiate description on what can happen when the change feels like it goes to fast.
Gnarls Barkley - Crazy



new topics

top topics



 
3

log in

join