It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rome did not fall in a day, nor will the USA. Interesting comparisons.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
www.dollarvigilante.com...

One of the many things Salvian mentions that is starting to be more common in the U.S., but was unheard of just a few years ago is people fleeing the Empire and renouncing their citizenship.

"Thus, far and wide, they migrate either to the Goths or to the Bagaudae, or to other barbarians everywhere in power; yet they do not repent of having migrated. They prefer to live as freemen under an outward form of captivity, than as captives under the appearance of liberty. Therefore, the name of Roman citizens, at one time not only greatly valued, but dearly bought, is now repudiated and fled from, and it is almost considered not only base, but even deserving of abhorrence."(pg.136)

Just as Washington refuses to rein in its excesses, the same was true of Rome around A.D. 450.

"Then, indeed, the authors of base pleasures feasted at will in most places, but all things were filled and stuffed to overflowing. Nobody thought of the State's expenses, nobody thought of the State's losses, because the cost was not felt. The State itself sought how it might squander what it was already scarcely able to acquire. The heaping up of wealth which had already exceeded its limit was overflowing even into trifling matters. But what can be said of the present-day situation? That old abundances have gone from us. The resources of former times have gone. We are already poverty-stricken, yet we do not cease to be spendthrift." (167, 168)

Things had declined so far that the public officials whom he classifies as robbers continued to rob the people even after they no longer held office. This has been refined in modern times to the revolving door system of going from elected office to lobbyist or CEO of some big company that conducts business with the government.

History most certainly does repeat itself. Empires come and empires go but the ignorant uninformed masses go on forever.

So how long has America been falling? I'd say 20 to 100 years depending on your yardstick.

How long do we have yet to go? Give me you educated guess or considered opinion.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Withdrawn
edit on 24-5-2012 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
America has been falling since its creation, it is a product of progressive thought and action, such is the rest of all civilizations.

You want a number, put it at 288 years..., the US has 48 years left and counting. Go back another 288 years and what do you get?

It's the precession of the equinox... all is tied. It's the cusp of astronomical ages... all of history and civilizations follow this pattern. This is something I have heavily researched and it correlates exactly with dates of creation, rise and fall of such.

72 year, 144, 288 and so forth... the end date is 2060, such was Isaac Newtons number.

what happened 144 years prior to 2060, ww1, 144 years prior to that 1772 founding of america, 288 years prior, columbus supposedly finds america,

Rome - ~200 bc - ~400 ad, 288 x 2 = 576, the actual rise and fall of Rome ~ 600 years and so forth...

edit on 24-5-2012 by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS because: additional comment

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by oghamxx

Already America is becoming unrecognizable post the 9/11 false flag attack by TPTB. A non-Ron Paul president future, and I give the country 20 years until it is totally unrecognizable, and America in name and physical location only, but dead in spirit and principle.

"Thus, far and wide, they migrate either to the Goths or to the Bagaudae, or to other barbarians everywhere in power; yet they do not repent of having migrated. They prefer to live as freemen under an outward form of captivity, than as captives under the appearance of liberty. Therefore, the name of Roman citizens, at one time not only greatly valued, but dearly bought, is now repudiated and fled from, and it is almost considered not only base, but even deserving of abhorrence."(pg.136)

History really does repeat itself. Just switch out a couple nouns, and this will be wholly accurate for America in several years... for those lucky enough to have the fake money to actually be able to flee, of course.
edit on 5/24/2012 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by oghamxx
So how long has America been falling? I'd say 20 to 100 years depending on your yardstick.

The Republic in literal terms was destroyed in 1913, with the creation of the Federal Reserve. I personally tend to place America's peak as having existed between WW2 and Vietnam, although the assassination of Kennedy was also significant.

Waco marked the end of America's ability to consider itself a legitimately representative democracy, in my own opinion; given that that involved the first violation of the Posse Comitatus act.

How long do we have yet to go? Give me you educated guess or considered opinion.

It depends on what criteria you use. Politically speaking, the Jeffersonian Republic ceased to legitimately function nearly a century ago, at this point.

Economically, America is currently treading water. The country has very little of its' previous manufacturing base, and is essentially pretending to continue to have the level of wealth that it did prior to the 1980s, purely by relying on credit and debt. Said wealth does not, however, exist in real point of fact. So the pragmatic question is when said debt begins to be called in. When that happens, then there will no longer even be any pretense. The economy will collapse, and with the exception of isolated gated communities, the country can be expected to largely revert to Third World conditions.

new topics

top topics

join