It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian sailors chase off pirates attacking U.S. ship

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Quantum_Squirrel

an iranian family owns a convenience store down the road from my house. they are good people,the iranian government is like all governments,corrupt,greedy bastards. we still have them beat though ours is corrupt and by far the greediest.it is good to see even the military on both sides are still human.star ,cant flag yet.good find on the positive side

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Thank you so much for posting this. It is unusual to see positive stories about the complex Iranian-American relationship.

When it really comes down to it, there are few who truly "like" war. Hopefully this is a step in a positive direction and warmer, more authentic and transparent relations between our two nations.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Thanks Persia!

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
They owed us one after the U.S. Navy rescued 13 Iranian fishermen held by pirates months ago.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by tfrost1980

Good find!

It is nice to see that the US isnt all that PressTV and RT makes them out to be. Of course, expect PressTV and RT to spin it into something negative... If they even report it at all!

Star!

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by The-Hammer
reply to post by tfrost1980

Good find!

It is nice to see that the US isnt all that PressTV and RT makes them out to be. Of course, expect PressTV and RT to spin it into something negative... If they even report it at all!

Star!

It's important to be aware of what's going on in your country whether it's "negative" or "positive." Selective perception leads to ignorance.

I realize that someone people want countries to be like sports teams, but the truth is, it's much more complicated. There is no good guys versus bad guys. Wake up.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0
It's important to be aware of what's going on in your country whether it's "negative" or "positive." Selective perception leads to ignorance.

Selective perception leads to ignorance indeed

All I have done was take a quote from the first page and transposed a few words

Originally posted by Nspekta
Good find!

It is nice to see that Iran isnt all the msm makes them out to be. Of course, expect the msm to spin it into something negative... If they even report it at all! S&f

I havent read anywhere in this thread your response to the reply quoted from the first page the way you have chosen to single out my reply. This just demonstrates the double standard some have and are unaware of

Wake up.

Agreed

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by TheEnlightenedOne

Just came to apologize for the way it all came out, I was a bit upset at some threads I was reading that day that when I saw your comment it ignited anger (sort of speak).

I was an ignorant for not looking deep into the comment or reading between the lines, I am not arrogant nor would like to be one. I was thrown off guard as I mentioned before.

I am accepting my failure for the above mentioned and lets just move on!

Cheers

I accept your apology, thank you.

Moving on.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
S&F, Good to hear my boys in Blue are cooperating.

2nd

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by BASSPLYR
Sailors in general help other seamen. During the height of the cold war the americans and the russians had as adversarial a relationship one could get. yet the submariners on both sides felt closer to their enemy submariners than to their own military. A common bond, a common hardship. brings most people together.

This holds true from the Pacific Ocean to the Chain O' Lakes in northern Illinois. On the lakes we hang out on, the drunk boaters who just bought a boat and no nothing about proper safety and operation would be considered "the enemy", yet every year it seems, we're helping to tow one of them who ran out of gas. Its a small-scale version of the same thing that happens on the open sea, and has for centuries.

The only ones who don't follow it are pirates. They be followin the pirate's code, matey! Yaar!!

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Well,,I agree on some hope..

But I wonder???

None were captured?

Iran coulda staged this????

Kinda fishy to me,,sorry....

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Yes they coulda staged this, CNN article though , do CNN normally go with regimes propaganda?

i actually think it is an example of Human beings showing what they really can achieve when it comes down to life v's death.

We are all the same..........

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I've met lots of Iranians. I liked most of them. The people themselves are cool our governments are the problem. And pirates need to have their asses kicked.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Bravo for putting this up. Nice to read. Yes the media controlled information is always anti-iranian. It's all b.s. gettin tired of the propaganda. Muslims are and have always been amongst the nicest people I have ever meet.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

This is a conspiracy site...

Consider the following...

1.) Iran staged the event [Since it was reported by their official News Agency first] to prop up their lagging Global Public opinion.

2.) Sailors helping Sailors in time of need has been going on for thousands of years setting all politics and ideologies aside. No real significant national heroism...

3.) Similar stories of US sailors helping Iranian sailors get dismissed as "Propaganda from the MSM" But this is supposedly different and more significant...

4.) Many of this threads replies read like poorly scripted Iranian PR.

Consider that EVERYTHING you read about USA "liberating or doing anything militarily" is very badly scripted American PR.

Oh wait u would not, COULD not think that way...you need your enemies strong, belligerent, and as built up as possible.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by definity
Seee, isn't it nice when we all get along!

NO! It's NOT!

There is nó money to be made in "getting along" cannot have something that doesn't give me a nice, fat return. Drones, guns, missiles etc. give me nice contracts and lots, lóts of nice, warm money....

Come on.. You wouldn't want me, a warm-blooded Michegonian, having to give-up my mansions, yachts and lakeview retreat. What are you? Some sort of commuunist?? You even understand how many jobs I created when killing-off many Iraqui's, Paki's Nd more of those? I thinned the workforce for them, so more people could be employed...

*wipes sweat of puffy, fat face* "Carlita? My drink! Aqui! Quickly! Otherwise I'll have to let You go. And watch the kids. For You, twenty other work-willing illegals.. Arriba!

/cyniscism

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join