It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian sailors chase off pirates attacking U.S. ship

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by SLAYER69

I feel a group hug coming....

Let's build a campfire, roast some marshmallows then hold hands and sing Kumbaya....

Who wants shmores?

No time for hugs and marsh mellows, man!!

Don’t you see??? This is a time to bust out some AWARDS that are long overdue!!!!

edit on 25-5-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

So are you calling the Navy a bunch of chickens because they received help from the Iranians?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Who said that?

Are you a former squid?

Don’t get your knickers in a bunch. The US Navy didn’t receive ANY help from Iranians.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
Iran cares about Iran.

Thats what everyone needs to know.

This "feel good" moment,is just that...............a moment.

America cares about America and you guys love your feel good moments. Check Hollywood and the glorification of war. USA USA

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Iran helping a US cargo ship that was under attack by pirates? But but but, I thought that Iran was an evil empire that hated America and, and, and, we need to bomb them.... World-view being challenged. Cannot compute. Emergency shutdown. -bloop-
edit on 5/25/2012 by draco49 because: blah

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Didnt this already happen? Isnt this story like a year old? Dont we have a thread on this? Dont tell me the iranians did it again. Dont they know we's supposed to be hatins them?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Myendica
Didnt this already happen? Isnt this story like a year old? Dont we have a thread on this? Dont tell me the iranians did it again. Dont they know we's supposed to be hatins them?

If it were two seperate cases, i would be suspicious. As a guy on page 1 said: What if it was a staged act from the Iranians to make the US look weak? I mean, all people here talk about false flag attacks, propaganda, staged acts from the US but never seem to think so far, that other countries could use the tactics as well. No, because they get 'slammed' in the Mainstream Media, they are automatically the good guys and never do anything wrong.

Of course it also could be real, after all, just because Iran is ruled and dominated by a bunch of possibly inbred muslims who oppress their people, doesn't mean that the whole population follows their brainwash, burn the US flag and cry for war. I mean Germany also wasn't completely 'evil' during the time the Nazis ruled, there were also neutral people and people who fought against them.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

Originally posted by sonnny1
Iran cares about Iran.

Thats what everyone needs to know.

This "feel good" moment,is just that...............a moment.

America cares about America and you guys love your feel good moments. Check Hollywood and the glorification of war. USA USA

Ironic you bring up Hollywood.

Where the majority ,like George Clooney for example,who Pander to the Left,have no problem making millions on glorification,but then play the part of peace activist of the world,while holding Functions for Presidents,who can enact bills like NDAA............

USA USA!

Irony Indeed!
edit on 25-5-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
As people have said, this sort of thing (even between enemies) isn't unheard of.

During WW1 and WW2, the RN and Kriegsmarine both had a mutual respect, rescued each others casualties from sunken vessels and on a few occasions, recommended their counterparts for medals.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Myendica

I thought the story sounded familiar as well, but upon further research, I discovered that the last time it was the US helping Iranian sailors.

www.gulf-daily-news.com...

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

You must not have noticed the Source...I must presume that you did not read the article much less the OP's post. The source is MSM...CNN to be exact...so they are reporting it just as they reported in the pas the cooperation amoung our military when it has come down to pirates on the high seas.

The saber rattling that comes from both Washington and Tehran...is just that...propaganda and the opportunity to postion themselves as the better bad guy...lets not blame the media for reporting on it...they do spin it to our side just as Tehran which is a state controlled media spins it to their side.

Lets just remember that what it all comes down too is people...Iranians and Americans....much the same in that we want our children to grow up happy and have better lives than we have...they can have that in Iran and we can have that in America if only we work together to make it all a better place as this article shows we do when it comes down to it

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by RyanFromCan
reply to post by TheEnlightenedOne

I seriously hope you are being sarcastic about this.

First off, judging from your Avatar, you are Canadian, so you have no right to say stuff like that because they haven't done anything to Canadians.

Second, you are as brainwashed as politician's kids!

Third, bad taste of sarcasm/joke!

Fourth, WAKE THE HELL UP!!!

If you could not tell that i was being sarcastic, YOU my friend, are the one needing a reality check!

First, who are you to tell me what my rights are, by your arrogance, I can only assume you are American. It is the type of arrogance that you seem to think you can tell me what my rights are that gets the US into hot water internationally on a regular basis, that in itself would not be a problem, except that you drag the rest of the western world, and your allies with you.

Second, again, sarcasm, but Iranians are not the big bad monsters they are made out to be by the brainwashed media junkie types.

Third, maybe you need too find a funny bone before you understand satirical humour, whatever you do, never read the Onion.

Fourth, right back at you bud!

ETA: Let my qualify my statements for a moment, I do not think all Americans are arrogant, but the ones that are, who show a ridiculous level of arrogance, and an entitled attitude, do not portray the US in a good light internationally, unfortunately, it is usually the idiots that get heard, because they give good stirring sound bytes.
edit on 5/24/2012 by RyanFromCan because: (no reason given)

Just came to apologize for the way it all came out, I was a bit upset at some threads I was reading that day that when I saw your comment it ignited anger (sort of speak).

I was an ignorant for not looking deep into the comment or reading between the lines, I am not arrogant nor would like to be one. I was thrown off guard as I mentioned before.

I am accepting my failure for the above mentioned and lets just move on!

Cheers

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Over the past year I’ve had the pleasure of working for and meeting many people of Iranian descent and I have to say they are probably the ‘best’ people I have ever met – they are not all bad. IMHO the only bad apples are the ones in charge.
edit on 25-5-2012 by ConspiracyBuff because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I expect this courteous act by the Iranian Navy to get no coverage in US news -- just like there is no coverage of our helicopter gun ships protecting corp/drug interests in Honduras, nor of the spectacular recovery in Iceland where they are "privatizing banks and telling the irresponsible debt creators to get lost in regards to paying off these gambling losses as they'd like Greece to."

Most people don't know that we've shot down civilian passenger plains, or that our CIA funds terrorists acts by a group that is essentially "Al Qaeda in Iraq" -- apparently, these little details are not as newsworthy as Uranium Fuel Rods that could be used in dirty bombs.

>> We invaded two nations for a LOT LESS than what we've done to Iran over the past two decades -- but everyone would be SHOCKED if they ever retaliated -- feeling that it was unprovoked. Really, we've got the world biggest crooks hiding behind our military and flag -- and the war footing with Iran is about maintaining control and money -- it's always about the money.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyBuff
Over the past year I’ve had the pleasure of working for and meeting many people of Iranian descent and I have to say they are probably the ‘best’ people I have ever met – they are not all bad. IMHO the only bad apples are the ones in charge.
edit on 25-5-2012 by ConspiracyBuff because: (no reason given)

I agree with that sentiment -- and I think that if it weren't for our war footing for decades -- the Iranian people would have made their Mullahs and Ayatollahs unemployed by now. Authoritarians in Israel and the USA can only justify their military spending and antagonism by creating paper tigers -- and Iran fits the bill. The Mullahs probably need the war mongers on our side to stay in power.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
This is an example of human beings, helping human beings. I can see how this would come as a shock to some because they think of Iran and US tension but are forgetting some main principles:

There is a code among sailers, seafaring folk, that you ALWAYS help another when in distress. During war time, historically speaking, sailers that were taken prisoners of war by other sailers, were treated better than typical POW's.

Not to mention, Iran's people are not anti-west as most think. They're actually very pro-western democracy, freedom and the like. Most persian people I know say the people of Iran actually like the US, and wish the US would overthrow their corrupt, radical islam governing party.

When you put it all into context, this story isn't really surprising. Just because our governments dont get along, doesnt mean we as human beings must buy into their hype and propaganda.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Ya 'know, I contend that 'People' are inherently good, and desire peace and good will, but when governments who are ruled by greedy and vile people get involved, then greed and warring and money corrupt all intentions between peoples. Iran is one of the nations that won't join the money system that is so corrupt, so their a target, just like Libya was,and Iraq before them and Venezuela, all our so-called enemies. All they want is to be able to defend themselves from the US and Israel. Or Zionists. We have raped the world, much as Britain did before us. Along with Spain and other European explorer/conquorers.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

.) Many of this threads replies read like poorly scripted Iranian PR.

And I guess you're an expert in "poorly scripted Iranian PR?"

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Guess he never heard of Tehran's pond of blood.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TheEnlightenedOne

. Of course he's kidding. Don't be gittin' heavy on my brother. Many people south of the 49th tend to forget how worldly we Canadians really are. We are a compilation of old and new world immigration, Common Wealth tradition and Hollywood flash, wilderness to urban wonders and let's not forget a hint of sarcasm mixed with wit.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

ats is an alternative news site with many forums .its not all conspiracy,reptillians and unshaven mountain men mistaken for bigfoot.although i do love the crypto forum.
edit on 25-5-2012 by pushmepullu because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join