It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian sailors chase off pirates attacking U.S. ship

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Wow! Imagine that, Iran cares about Iran! Who's interests should they put before themselves anyway? Just asking the question, because I am not suggesting that they are saints themselves.

That is usually how natural law works anyway though. ~$heopleNation

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
This side game of rescuing each others civilians is interesting. I read : We are trying to be cool, can we make more of effort to find some common ground?... From both sides.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I believe that in both cases it shows that real humanity has no nationality.How sad all the leaders haven't that capability.
Ie

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TheEnlightenedOne

I seriously hope you are being sarcastic about this.

First off, judging from your Avatar, you are Canadian, so you have no right to say stuff like that because they haven't done anything to Canadians.

Second, you are as brainwashed as politician's kids!

Third, bad taste of sarcasm/joke!

Fourth, WAKE THE HELL UP!!!

If you could not tell that i was being sarcastic, YOU my friend, are the one needing a reality check!

First, who are you to tell me what my rights are, by your arrogance, I can only assume you are American. It is the type of arrogance that you seem to think you can tell me what my rights are that gets the US into hot water internationally on a regular basis, that in itself would not be a problem, except that you drag the rest of the western world, and your allies with you.

Second, again, sarcasm, but Iranians are not the big bad monsters they are made out to be by the brainwashed media junkie types.

Third, maybe you need too find a funny bone before you understand satirical humour, whatever you do, never read the Onion.

Fourth, right back at you bud!

ETA: Let my qualify my statements for a moment, I do not think all Americans are arrogant, but the ones that are, who show a ridiculous level of arrogance, and an entitled attitude, do not portray the US in a good light internationally, unfortunately, it is usually the idiots that get heard, because they give good stirring sound bytes.
edit on 5/24/2012 by RyanFromCan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
The Law of the Sea, assist a fellow mariner in distress, regardless of nationality.

Glad to see it alive and well.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Iran cares about Iran.

Thats what everyone needs to know.

This "feel good" moment,is just that...............a moment.

And the exact same thing can be said for just about any country, and let's not forget, the US. kind of moot point really.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
If you want to throw in politics, conspiracy and propaganda concerning this incident , fine... this is a conspiracy site, but it also a place where the truth gets thrashed out of the chaff. Irregardless of the tensions between the US and Iran, there is an underlying code of the sea, that most mariners subscribe to.

When one vessel sees another in trouble, whether it be storm, fire, running aground or terrorism by pirates, just about any able vessel, given sufficient manpower and arms, will try and help. Even if the helping party cannot handle the situation, they will call in others that will ensure that the vessel in trouble gets adequate attention under the code. It is the way of those who sail the seas.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
It is exactly what the movie Independence Day managed to show me. If we ignore the politicians, the rest of the world can get along just fine.

Good work sailors.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Quantum_Squirrel

Our people can get along, even rescue each other without question. Why can't our leaders stop acting like whiny children.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

now thats strange!

do the mullahs, khameini and ahmadinejah know about this?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
It's articles like this that give me hope for the days yet to come.

Second line.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Reading this makes me feel warm 'n' snuggly inside. I'm treasuring it while it lasts.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

you know that attack on the Saudi ambassador was staged right? The person was an Iranian-American used-car salesmen, obviously a cardboard cut out, im guessing the ambassador was never in any real danger it was only meant to look like he was. the weapons and everything were most likely fake as well. Lieutenent Colonel Anthony Shaffer, who exposed Operation Dark Heart and Operation Gladio, and has many FBI sources, routinely said that no evidence of such a plot existed within FBI channels, and if anyone would know it would most likely be him, that is, if this was a real attack and not some staged event.

you need to not be so gullible to mainstream media's blatant pro-war pro-military industrial complex propaganda

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I feel a group hug coming....

Let's build a campfire, roast some marshmallows then hold hands and sing Kumbaya....

Who wants shmores?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Well worth a S&F

There's been a few cases in recent months of the US Navy helping Iranians too

ie

www.nytimes.com...

Originally posted by Annachie
It is exactly what the movie Independence Day managed to show me. If we ignore the politicians, the rest of the world can get along just fine.

My favourite scene in the film is the one in the Middle East with the British, Israelis and Iraqis/Iranians all working together

I firmly believe it's only our (elected) political leaders - edit: and the media!!! - who want confict (for whatever reason) - left to our own devices the rest of us would get on together just fine

edit on 25-5-2012 by AndyMayhew because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Let's build a campfire, roast some marshmallows then hold hands and sing Kumbaya....

Who wants shmores?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Who wants shmores?

No time for hugs and marsh mellows, man!!

Don’t you see??? This is a time to bust out some AWARDS that are long overdue!!!!

edit on 25-5-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
step one ?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I smiled.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by coyote66

now thats strange!

do the mullahs, khameini and ahmadinejah know about this?

They have said time and time again they have no problem with Americans.

It's our warmongering Zionist led government they have a problem with just like many real Americans do.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join