It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bible Revelation as a real-life metaphor, and a cross-cultural 2012 interpretation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Perhaps a better place for this thread is in a religion thread, but it crosses numerous subject matter and ultimately relates to 2012...so I thought it might be better here.

Many things written in the Bible are metaphorical, but some things are literal - how does one know which?
Some things are both. Sometimes, multiple meanings using the same words -- just as we use our own words. Interpretation of words is RELATIVE.

A lot in the Bible is just "not terribly important chatter" so to speak, and many interpretations are just nonsense, but may sound logically right - but that is for each to judge and time to reveal. There is also a lot of advice that can be easily taken out of context from when it was written.Communications is up to 90% NON-VERBAL...so why do so many people get hung up on Bible verses rather than REAL-LIFE interactions/behavior? Anyway -- this thread is not to critique the BIBLE per se. Or is that the book of BABEL? Book of BABBLE?

Anyway...just wanted to share a couple of examples of how the times we are facing now relate to certain passages in the Bible's Book of Revelation -- which is coming true right now.

Revelation 8 : 8 - 9

8 The second angel sounded his trumpet, and something like a huge mountain, all ablaze,
was thrown into the sea. A third of the sea turned into blood,
9 a third of the living creatures in the sea died, and a third of the SHIPS were destroyed.

Focus on the number 1 OUT OF 3 or 1/3.

Relate to this story: A story from MSNBC today -- One in three mortgage holders still UNDERWATER
economywatch.msnbc.msn.com...

----

Revelation 7:4

www.biblegateway.com...:4&version=NIV

4 Then I heard the number of those who were sealed: 144,000 from all the tribes of Israel.

The Lamb and the 144,000

14 Then I looked, and there before me was the Lamb, standing on Mount Zion, and with him 144,000 who had his name and his Father’s name written on their foreheads

3 And they sang a new song before the throne and before the four living creatures and the elders. No one could learn the song except the 144,000 who had been redeemed from the earth.

---

Mayan Calendar - Baktun = 144,000 days / Bible - Book of Revelation - 144,000 souls.
Aztec (Mayan) Calendar stone - 365 day and 260 day calendar encoded (Note 260 day)

The number of 144,000 does not refer to individual people, it refers to humanity as a collective whole.
For there are 144,000 soul types. Did you know the Mayan calendar is used for personality profiling?

As for who the Lamb is, the Elders, Living Creatures, that is another story....this is just to highlight the 144,000 link.

---
Relevant translations below from John Major Jenkins Maya Cosmogensis 2012 book

p.18 - 260 days - interval when a woman first stops menstruating and her child is born. Maya midwives to this day calculate birth dates with the tzolkin. Maya daykeepers - those who follow the tzolkin - believe the day on which a child is born within the 260-day cycle determined personality characteristics. The tzolkin serves as an astrological oracle - a "book" that reveals a person's weaknesses and virtues.

p.8 - Popul Vuh creation myth - earth and humanity experience cycles of destruction and re-creation over long periods of time. Precession represents a 26,000 year cycle of biological unfolding - a type of spiritual gestation and birth - that Earth and its consciousness - ENDOWED LIFEFORMS undergo.

----

My 1 line simple translation:

The Mayan calendar is a SOUL calendar, the time length which represents a process of SOUL development.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I like your ideas..alot to think about....

the 26,000 year progression has been on my mind for awhile.... I have a theory I posted before on some threads about the cycles being time loops or do overs for our souls. So if the Mayan calendar is correct this might be the final cycle? Another crazy thought to throw in the mix.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by dontneedaname

Revelation 8 : 8 - 9

8 The second angel sounded his trumpet, and something like a huge mountain, all ablaze,
was thrown into the sea. A third of the sea turned into blood,
9 a third of the living creatures in the sea died, and a third of the SHIPS were destroyed.

About your bible quote from Revelations. Yes symbology is up to interpretation of the reader. My own take on that one. A bit more literal.

Burning mountain cast into the sea

Blood of a dead man

Creatures in the sea died

Ships "destroyed"

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
A lot of what people have been claiming is allegory is turning out to be literal. I suggest you take a look at 'Know the Future' by Tim McHyde. A lot of what you claim is useless enabled the Writer to embed The Hidden Bible Code with it's incredible prophesies. There is more going on than we can see or understand.

top topics

join