It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One thing I hate when you injure yourself

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
You never feel the pain at that moment.

It's always the next day when it's the most painful.

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.....

Why is that?

Man my hand and arm hurt so bad today.

I haven't taken my meds yet, but something says I should. lol
edit on 24-5-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Probably because your body naturally releases chemicals into your system that act as a pain reliever. You don't feel a lot of pain when you have a bunch of adrenalin pumping through your system, and usually after an injury that's exactly what happens, assuming it's not bad enough to send you into shock.

Depending on the injury it might take time. A break or what not hurts right then. A pulled or strained muscle might be sore now, but the real pain is tomorrow.

After my epic paintball session last year I was sore but walking down the mountain no problem. The next morning however, I literally couldn't get out of bed, couldn't walk right for 3 days, couldn't sit, had to have my legs extended.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Part of it, your body was in a state of shock, the other part, you were more worried about your dog, than yourself, so your mind was busy with other stuff.

About a year and a half ago, I did a face plant on the cement off the back porch. I had to finish everything I was doing first, make sure the dogs in the house had water, and then drive myself to emergency. Broken capped tooth ($$$$$), and a bunch of cuts to the face.

They asked what my pain level was in the hospital, and I didn't feel any pain at all. So I told them that nothing hurt, I just thought my tooth was embedded in my lip. I was more worried what my capped tooth was going to cost, dental isn't covered up here, unless you have an extra medical plan.

The next day, I realized that I may have broken my cheekbone, and other major pains - my wrist, my hip, my shoulder - a lot of purple and green colours started showing. My cheekbone was really painful for months.

Go very light on the meds if possible, they impede healing. Take extra vitamin C, and D.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Ouch... Now that sounds like it hurts.

ewwww

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

yeah, I haven't taken the meds because I'm using jager to heal the pain.

top topics

join