It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Warns Australia to Choose “Godfather” – China or U.S

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Their allegiance was to England ...... what is this USA thing.. E-N-G-L-A-N-D..

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus
reply to post by Nspekta

We need to cut ties with the United States. We cant afford to risk our economy. We cant afford to risk the safety of our population. America has no need to have military in Australia. China is our friend.

I saw the thread title and immediately thought,"Where is Germanicus?"

Why not leave it to a vote? Just put down your didgeridoo's, your lager's, quit skinning the crocodile's and vote.

Do you kick out America? China? Both?

Or embrace one or the other?

(Note; I kid about the Aussies, just kidding)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I am an Aussie. I can only speak for me!

We has a grand daddy type of PM, bushy eyebrows and all. He ran the economy like a swiss watch. He liked the USA!

Then we got MR. Maggoo! He spoke Chinese! He started talking to China more and more. He spent like my ex. Spent the whole piggy bank. Still, the Eagle did not like him cause he talked to the Chinese and this was wrong.

So the Eagle spent big as is their want and sent in the whole alphabet and Mr. Maggoo was stabbed in the back by a red haired Girlie that we call Bluey. Now Bluey is a six pack short of a carton and doesn't even know the meanings of important words such as democracy.

But the Eagle picked her so we have to put up with her for a while. She is a national embarrassment as all the photos in the above posts attest to. She should be jailed for crimes against democracy. She is a great twit!

So in closing, would the Fracking United States of soon to be Bloody America please stay out of Aussie politics. This is our country and we do not need your input. We do not need your lies. We do not need your wars. Piss Off!

P

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by BeforeTheHangmansNoose

Do you have a source on that CIA stuff?!

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   

America drag us into wars, because a result, they give us defense. We go to war for our own protection through siding with the states, economically as well. It is a little known fact that the CIA infiltrated the Aus government in the late 1900's with the sole purpose to suppress us as a global power.

That doesn't prove anything. If you switch China for America I'm sure China will show us even more conspiracies. They have been caught spying many times. They are not like America. They may be lucky to have an unelected head of state, but everything is state run / state owned. This is another thing adding to their fortune. It works against Australia 100% Multinational companies can make moves into Australia without being under the control of a red state gov't.

America didn't use CIA on us. They pushed us about as much as they wanted. Too late to assess it, after the fact, and put your modern twist on the past.

America doesn't give Australia defence in payment for service. The two are not the same, although the current union can be said to have been asked for, maybe some speeches high up about exactly that is relevant.

Australians wrongly assume that America is our Western ally and big brother. The connection exists much more in the mind of the people, than history provides. Americans are helping their own interests.

China is usually up to no good, or partially good / bad, but never doing something to help you for the sake of it. I don't really like the way China does business. Culturally I see how we are different to them and close to America but we compete against America. China is a good trading partner that tries it on.

There is no way this generals words can be taken in good faith.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

reply to post by Nspekta

Both as britain is you and you are our friends ... they both need to stop putting thier toes into the big majors boots..

Serious note it is a tough one for australia as since most come from my city portsmouth to be shipped out there are mainly us. USA who basically another country from more or less britain i.e names of places, are our bodyguard to mummy britain , china will boost the economy and are dangerous . so it is a tough decision.

This is out of order really ...
edit on 24 4 2012 by denver22 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by denver22

If the Aussies were smart, they'd give the boot to everyone.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

YES my colonial cousins do that very thing...

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta
Just a big mouth of unwise old warior

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
The way I see it , if we allied with china. Australia will not be!!! Its happening slowly now
I also wonder if this was to become a legit threat ( which it appears not to be at this stage) wouldn't it be a threat to the US moreso, even a declaration of war. If like I said it was a legit threat. I'm sure china need us more & we have more to offer them then visa versa. I feel comfortable in the US shadows but that's just IMO

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by bowtomonkey

America drag us into wars, because a result, they give us defense. We go to war for our own protection through siding with the states, economically as well. It is a little known fact that the CIA infiltrated the Aus government in the late 1900's with the sole purpose to suppress us as a global power.

That doesn't prove anything. If you switch China for America I'm sure China will show us even more conspiracies. They have been caught spying many times. They are not like America. They may be lucky to have an unelected head of state, but everything is state run / state owned. This is another thing adding to their fortune. It works against Australia 100% Multinational companies can make moves into Australia without being under the control of a red state gov't.

America didn't use CIA on us. They pushed us about as much as they wanted. Too late to assess it, after the fact, and put your modern twist on the past.

America doesn't give Australia defence in payment for service. The two are not the same, although the current union can be said to have been asked for, maybe some speeches high up about exactly that is relevant.

Australians wrongly assume that America is our Western ally and big brother. The connection exists much more in the mind of the people, than history provides. Americans are helping their own interests.

China is usually up to no good, or partially good / bad, but never doing something to help you for the sake of it. I don't really like the way China does business. Culturally I see how we are different to them and close to America but we compete against America. China is a good trading partner that tries it on.

There is no way this generals words can be taken in good faith.

One thing about espionage is that everyone does it. The US spies on Australia, Australia spies on the US and so forth. Every country spies on one another so it's not a matter of bias here.

I never said America gives us defense as payment, it's purely a political thing. But i agree, it's more in the mind of the people then a literal alliance.

Also it's incredibly wrong to make China look like the all encompassing bad guy, ESPECIALLY in comparison to America, one of, if not the most corrupted country on the planet.

Since you seem generally interested, perhaps you should look into the CIA's infiltration of not only Australia's government (check out Whitlams time in office), but their infiltration and destruction of other world governments.

Originally posted by Nspekta

Do you have a source on that CIA stuff?!

I don't have any sources on hand, though i can you tell, i was told this by a person whom worked for an intelligence agency in Australia during the 50s-70's. There is plenty of info on the web if you give it a simple google search

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Remember an Idiot Abroad In China?
I can't see Austrailia siding with the Chinese and not American, when Austrailia is the son of the UK.
Nuff said.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

reply to post by Nspekta

We need to cut ties with the United States. We cant afford to risk our economy. We cant afford to risk the safety of our population. America has no need to have military in Australia. China is our friend.

I saw the thread title and immediately thought,"Where is Germanicus?"

Why not leave it to a vote? Just put down your didgeridoo's, your lager's, quit skinning the crocodile's and vote.

Or embrace one or the other?

(Note; I kid about the Aussies, just kidding)

Ha!

I wish we could be friends with both China and the United States. It seems impossible though.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Cosma
Remember an Idiot Abroad In China?
I can't see Austrailia siding with the Chinese and not American, when Austrailia is the son of the UK.
Nuff said.

A lot has changed since 1788 lol.

British culture and Australian culture and societies are quite different nowadays.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   

I do tend to feel in a general disposition toward China in this thread. The Crimson guy got my back up with his extremism.

I don't think America are too bad. We are not Iraq. If they have wronged us it is by looking after their own interests more than expected, but not without making it up.

Unless they have an end game we need to know about, it's business as usual.

Does Australia need to do more to protect it's sovereignty and legitimacy?, yes.

If anyone infers that we must take the choice between two evils, shoot the messenger. Let the two evils fight their own battles.

So, sorry if I've painted China is an unfair way. I don't understand some of the nationalistic rhetoric here, especially that which is paraded about as being unbiased or true opinions.

Pity Philippines didn't kick off. China has been pushing far to much lately.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Germanicus

It sure does seem impossible , I have my suspicions the US & china may hate each other !! Oh dear it's hard when you have 2 friends that just can't get along

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptGizmo

Originally posted by mclarenmp4
reply to post by Gwampo

And China are propping up the U.S so what does that tell you?

The US is NOT propped up by China. That is pure propaganda that has spread around the internet. How is it they are propping up the US when The US Federal Reserve just bought 61% of the US debt.

I guess you got your articles confused. You must got Hollywood and the United States mixed up.
www.ft.com...

China has been buying up lots of US debt. Also this article here US lets China bypass WallStreet for Treasury Orders

The relationship means the People's Bank of China buys U.S. debt using a different method than any other central bank in the world.

The other central banks, including the Bank of Japan, which has a large appetite for Treasuries, place orders for U.S. debt with major Wall Street banks designated by the government as primary dealers. Those dealers then bid on their behalf at Treasury auctions.

China, which holds $1.17 trillion in U.S. Treasuries, still buys some Treasuries through primary dealers, but since June 2011, that route hasn't been necessary.

If China wanted to they could financially cripple the US

We can not chose China and we can not chose America. We have to change how governments are run, corporations are not in bed with governments and religion no longer holds back civilization with it's dogmatic ways, it will go back to its proper non corrupt form
edit on 25-5-2012 by knoledgeispower because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by feelingconnected

It's so nice to feel wanted

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
China's arrogance never fails to make me feel sick. They are the worst type of government and if they think we would ally with them in their current regime they're as mental as most of us think they are.

I'd rather we go down in flames with the USA than be allied with those freaks.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I saw mention of American Imperialism.... huh. I always thought Australia and America were FRIENDS, based on similar histories and interests and actual respect and genuine friendship with each other, person to person! Australians in general are always popular in America. China is a rather racist nation that looks down on others and will love to USE Australia so long as it is in its political interests but tell me..... who is China actually friends with? Can you name a country? Or just mutual use?

The American People and Australian People have affection for each other above and beyond politics. We have fought side by side many a time. It's not Imperialism, its friendship across the ocean. China tends to look after itself and strong arm others, Not that American politics hasn't done the same, but when has China fought to free other countries rather than conquer them? Ask ANY of China's neighbors what they think of China!
edit on 25-5-2012 by jaxnmarko because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-5-2012 by jaxnmarko because: paragraphing

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join