It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Warns Australia to Choose “Godfather” – China or U.S

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by CrimsonKapital

I picture Australia as a hot chick ,,so your saying there pussy's..women,,and all..,,?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

Explanation: S&F!

Next Elections lets Vote 1 China OK! (by OmegaLogos posted on 8-2-2010 @ 11:07 PM) [abovetopsecret.com]

Personal Discloure:

edit on 24-5-2012 by OmegaLogos because: Edited to fix broken bbcode for link.

edit on 24-5-2012 by OmegaLogos because: Edited to remove a word.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

Yeah its a credible source, in the sense of the questioning of this close relationship we have. It has been a highlighted topic given i've seen it briefly skimmed over on the MSM news bulletins but also brought up on Q&A (its a weekly debate/idk, heres a link www.abc.net.au... )

But If you want to take our political leaders as examples of this awkward closeness here are some examples.

[A]

[B]

lol Ms Quentin Bryce the Governor General is loving it, shes the Queens go-between. which reminds me, sup the UK looking forward to the games

[C]

hahaha

[D]

cute.

ughhh
hahah
plus i could never hate the US they gave us Community... the show

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Sorry US it will be china, The US has nothing to offer but a war machine.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
What a load of BS.... I pretty sure australia just wants to sell their Sh!t to china, not marry into the family. For chr!st sake who comes up with this stuff.
Another question who believes it????? I dont. Im sure we're old enough now to get along with everyone (or most).

To add: someones getting their way with us though
.. I dont ever remember our pollutants. OOPS I ment pollies making so many bad, stupid decisions. Its like their out to kill the country

edit on 25-5-2012 by feelingconnected because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Legion2024
Sorry US it will be china, The US has nothing to offer but a war machine.

Don't think China has under estimated the war machine America has. Nor should Australia. We may be many things, but when it comes to military might and size, we out spent the whole world on it, combined. I don't agree with this spending, but to ignore it would be to deny the truth of the matter.

China and Australia both do not in the long game desire the US to be their enemy, especially when combined we can accomplish awhole lot more than in a feud. A pacific alliance benefits all involved, a pacific war puts all economies in the trashbin while igniting a world war.

China wouldn't pull that card even in desperation. They play the long game. They were an empire before Britain was united. They were an empire before Australia was a nation. They were empire long before America was even a concept. They're long ball players, and they know starting a war with someone that has enough nukes to blow up the planet multiple times isn't just a bad idea, it's down right stupid. China is not stupid. They know how to play the game. They've bsed everyone, and stayed sovereign. The Brits came, and "claimed" Hong Kong. They "turned communist" during Russia's "We're all red fish now!" era, all the while building free markets. They are the masters of the craft of politics.

Dangerous, certainly, like a rattle snake, I wouldn't f with them if I don't need to. But they are hardly the red herring they are made out to be. They know that the power they wield now comes from the dollar, and the trillions they collected. They know being friend/enemies with the US pays off. It did for Germany and Russia to be certain. How about Nam? Seems like that place is doing well considering we lost. Korea, well, the area we occupied is one of the richest nations in the world. I'm not saying top five, but land mass to wealth, S. Korea does alright.

What does all this say, is the Lasr1oftheJedi on another mad tangent, probably. But also this, America is better an ally than an enemy any day of the week, and the whole world understands that.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Australia is one country China cannot make threats to, quite simply because they require Australia's co-operation in continuing to depleate them of their rare earth natural resources. China relies very heavily on Australian mines to keep providing them with materials that keeps them the worlds number one exporter. There is no way China would mess with this, even over the US as it would seriously hamper their manufacturing capabilities if Australia cut them off.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus
reply to post by Nspekta

We need to cut ties with the United States. We cant afford to risk our economy. We cant afford to risk the safety of our population. America has no need to have military in Australia. China is our friend.

And your opther statement,

Most Australians are aware that our future is with China.

Tell me - How is China your friend and your future? How is a dictator communist regime going to be your friend and be your savior?

Seriously, educate me here because I don't see how any good can come from going to bed with this country. What has china done for you that's so great and why do you trust them so much?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

Originally posted by Germanicus
reply to post by Nspekta

We need to cut ties with the United States. We cant afford to risk our economy. We cant afford to risk the safety of our population. America has no need to have military in Australia. China is our friend.

And your opther statement,

Most Australians are aware that our future is with China.

Tell me - How is China your friend and your future? How is a dictator communist regime going to be your friend and be your savior?

Seriously, educate me here because I don't see how any good can come from going to bed with this country. What has china done for you that's so great and why do you trust them so much?

China isn't trying to subdue our government, China isn't making us enter war after war sacrificing our soldiers, China isn't abandoning us when we have natural disasters, China isn't funding the Greens to wreck our economy, China isn't bullying us into signing things, China isn't creating false flag attacks on our people, America is...
edit on 25-5-2012 by CrimsonKapital because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Either you are with us, or you are with the enemy.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Unfortunately for us Australians we need America. It's about protection.

If we were to break off allegiances to other western countries, i know a handful of Asian countries would love to come, invade us and steal our resources (or so says an ACC agent i know). Though we are basically giving away our resources as it is, apparently money is of greater value then natural resources. Who'd a thought!

Australia is weak on all fronts except for our excellence in radar technology (one of the best in the world) and natural resources. Other then that we are just a pawn in the big scheme of things, and as much as i hate the American government, i trust the American people more then the Chinese people. However i bet my next weeks slave wage that's just a result of psychological media conditioning.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   

edit on 25-5-2012 by Legion2024 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
Ah yes Germanicus the Nazi Wallaby.Hitler's wisdom would choose communist china wouldn't it.

Ha! That was awesome. Nazi wallaby

Many Australians,maybe most are in favour of the alliance. Many agree with me though. Even some pundits. Our economy really is at risk. This is our part of the world and China is our friend. The United States puts us in a difficult position.

I would prefer if we could remain neutral as far as military and future conflict is concerned.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sovaka

Originally posted by Rosha
No more Chinese students getting free rides in our universities just because they can pay up front..so more spaces in meaningful courses for Aussies and other groups of foreign nationals who want to actually achieve not just pay to get certified!!
Ro

I would consider this a good thing.
Why in hell would you want someone to take on bs fiat debt when they can pay for the education THEY want up front and not be stressed about next semesters bill?
Last I checked, just because you pay your tuition up front in full, does not guarantee you your degree.

Ahh you've not been to an Australian Uni then huh...around here..it most certainly does mean just that.

What I mean by the above is uni's used to be a placed for actual learning..not just constructed information and propaganda dissemination..used to be spaces of creative thought exploration and activism..now..they are degree mills..no one cares if you understand what your doing so long as you do it..anything more than a passing grade means ' you've done too much'.

Chinese nationals especially, do often buy their way through and their money isn't given back to the Uni proper by way of better teaches classes or tools..rather it goes into private coffers. There's been several 'outings' of this on national media..but it continues regardless.

Also..here..with HECS or FAS etc...anyone may study with no upfront costs bar books and internet and only begin to pay back the course fee when their income is over a certain percentage and even then..they need only pay back 1-7 % of normal loan rates, many lower income students even claiming interest free for the duration of their loan. My housemate has 3 masters degrees..well earned under FAS..and earning over 80K pays only 100 per month. I have one degree and two dip's and only pay 24 dollars a month under HECS...and only when I am contacted or earning over a certain pay rate. This system was set up for genuine students who wanted to contribute to Australian life and work..it wasn't a free ride but it was a fair one..and we are accountable for what we borrow just not strangled to death by it....but as system it will end and is already ending thanks to routs by internationals and corrupt private education groups that are stripping places from local students contributing to the brain drain to overseas uni's and dumbing down our society.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   

YOU ARE NOT AN AUSTRALIAN!!!! How can you side with the Americans? After how many wars they have dragged us into, after how many of our people they have killed, after they attempted to destroy our economy? The Americans have used us for their own agenda, how can you not see that? They do not care for us, the Americans use our soldiers as cannon fodder in their endless wars. You are in the minority of Australian views, get America OUT OF OUR COUNTRY!!!

WTF!
1.how many wars they have dragged us into
NONE
2. how many of our people they have killed
NONE
3. they attempted to destroy our economy
The GFC? We have come out of it the best, so...
4. They do not care for us
No, not in any unnecessary way
5. Americans use our soldiers as cannon fodder
NO
6. You are in the minority of Australian views, get America OUT OF OUR COUNTRY!!!

Yes, I agree. If you are going to tell lies about our strongest ally and lie about Australia, it doesn't appear that this is the right place for you to call home. Should you move to Beijing, perhaps you could profit from your nationalist propaganda. You serve neither China or Australia here.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by My_Reality

I thought the rest of your comment was solid but felt this paragraph biased

Independent Australia has not been in existence for very long. The Commonwealth of Australia came into being on January 1st, 1901. That is a mere 110 years plus a few months of existence. For a good portion of the latter 19th century and early 20th century Australia completely prevented immigration from China and Japan. It was to be a white mans country.

Your period for racial exclusion predates when you state Australia began.

China is great, but not too honest. You are working on a deliberate bias. I see this sort of thing as dangerously arrogant. I don't think there has ever been a time in history when China won that battle.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by CrimsonKapital

Originally posted by michaelbrux
reply to post by BobAthome

with so much confusion in the world it makes sense that you don't get it and that I can't really explain it.

the most basic element of the Nation or State is the concept of men and women joined in marriage.

personally, i think that no such ultimatum was ever given or that what was said has been spun to sound like something it wasn't...

the title of this thread means to me one of two things

1. China needs an answer from Australia on whether it wants to either be gay (bottom most certainly) with the United States or be straight with China.

2. China needs an answer from Australia on whether it wants to be straight with the United States or Lesbian with China.

if the title of this thread is correct...for some reason, Australia needs time to think through this as they are having some gender and sexual identity problems down under.

I'll answer you in your (quite disgusting) metaphorical nonsense. I picture Australia as a hot chick with two guys wooing her, why go out with one guy when she can "flirt" with both and recieve the benefits, like gifts while the two guys fight over the girl?

Don't paint Australia as a loose woman. You are mistaken and will made to look a fool, as will China, et al.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by bowtomonkey

YOU ARE NOT AN AUSTRALIAN!!!! How can you side with the Americans? After how many wars they have dragged us into, after how many of our people they have killed, after they attempted to destroy our economy? The Americans have used us for their own agenda, how can you not see that? They do not care for us, the Americans use our soldiers as cannon fodder in their endless wars. You are in the minority of Australian views, get America OUT OF OUR COUNTRY!!!

WTF!
1.how many wars they have dragged us into
NONE
2. how many of our people they have killed
NONE
3. they attempted to destroy our economy
The GFC? We have come out of it the best, so...
4. They do not care for us
No, not in any unnecessary way
5. Americans use our soldiers as cannon fodder
NO
6. You are in the minority of Australian views, get America OUT OF OUR COUNTRY!!!

Yes, I agree. If you are going to tell lies about our strongest ally and lie about Australia, it doesn't appear that this is the right place for you to call home. Should you move to Beijing, perhaps you could profit from your nationalist propaganda. You serve neither China or Australia here.

America drag us into wars, because a result, they give us defense. We go to war for our own protection through siding with the states, economically as well.

It is a little known fact that the CIA infiltrated the Aus government in the late 1900's with the sole purpose to suppress us as a global power.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by My_Reality
reply to post by Rosha

My point here is that times change. Australia may not have needed or wanted China in the past. However, in the present, the situation is evolving. I have no idea what will happen in the future but Australians should not be so arrogant in dismissing a Chinese olive branch. If you think that becoming an ally of China will reduce you to dictatorship I would say you are wrong. Treaties are very complicated forms of agreement. Australians could easily negotiate a treaty that protects their freedoms while also gaining economic benefits from the Chinese.

Oh..an olive branch I have no problem with..an invitation to subservient master-slave relations I most certainly do.

As for white Australia policy it is no longer in existence..and can you tell me.why is it called a proactive choice for a "homogenous society" when its Japan or China and Australians or Europeans aren't permitted to own business or land on their soil but its 'damn racism" when we apply 99 yr leases to the same here?

If there is no respect for us, for our national sovereignty..they can go jump....imo.

ymmv

Ro

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Rosha

Congradulations

your in

welcome too the WACS?
or
women who served called Wacs, Wafs, Wrens ). I don't know what names were used for women in Australia,

but it is cool.

edit on 25-5-2012 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join