It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Warns Australia to Choose “Godfather” – China or U.S

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by CrimsonKapital

With respect, Britain, in fact most of Europe had their hands full until Germany was defeated. I don't think anyone could have spared anything then, let alone man power.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
reply to post by CrimsonKapital

With respect, Britain, in fact most of Europe had their hands full until Germany was defeated. I don't think anyone could have spared anything then, let alone man power.

There was only a few million in Australia and it was considered indefensible, however what we learned was that our interests come in at a clear second place and this includes the time when our army was in the hands of the UK.

Also, to counter the idea that Europe had their hands full. We had every available man over there already.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by bowtomonkey

Originally posted by bowtomonkey
reply to post by My_Reality

I thought the rest of your comment was solid but felt this paragraph biased

Independent Australia has not been in existence for very long. The Commonwealth of Australia came into being on January 1st, 1901. That is a mere 110 years plus a few months of existence. For a good portion of the latter 19th century and early 20th century Australia completely prevented immigration from China and Japan. It was to be a white mans country.

Your period for racial exclusion predates when you state Australia began.

China is great, but not too honest. You are working on a deliberate bias. I see this sort of thing as dangerously arrogant. I don't think there has ever been a time in history when China won that battle.

Yes. I can see how you thought it was biased. I tried to explain a very complicated situation with a few sentences of description. You are correct. Australia was excluding Asian immigration for many decades before they became independent of the British Crown.

I should have explained myself thoroughly. What I meant was that in the past the Australian continent could survive, or even thrive, through such solidarity. Nationalism was the way of the world in the late 19th and early to mid 20th centuries.

I was just trying to give an example of how greatly things have changed in the last century. Viewed from the right perspective....1912 would seem like a universe apart from the modern world of 2012.

I respect your ability to call out people that you believe are misrepresenting situations. Thanks for doing it to me. You helped me clarify what I was trying to say. I appreciate that. Please...if I am missing a point that you are addressing bring it to my attention so we can discuss it further.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Good answer

My thoughts on the matter is that in the 1900's Australia needed people who spoke English and had a similar culture. I don't see this as a racist standard. As we moved on we took in more varied cultures and they clashed, for a while, and assimilated and we grew as a whole.

This sounds like a good plan.

As usual people who consider themselves different assume they are superior. This is true for all people.

I don't see how society has come a long way. Aspects of the West may have improved their idealism and some has filtered through to the body politic, but that's about it. No excuses necessary.

edit on 28-5-2012 by bowtomonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Rosha

Originally posted by Rosha

Originally posted by My_Reality
reply to post by Rosha

My point here is that times change. Australia may not have needed or wanted China in the past. However, in the present, the situation is evolving. I have no idea what will happen in the future but Australians should not be so arrogant in dismissing a Chinese olive branch. If you think that becoming an ally of China will reduce you to dictatorship I would say you are wrong. Treaties are very complicated forms of agreement. Australians could easily negotiate a treaty that protects their freedoms while also gaining economic benefits from the Chinese.

Oh..an olive branch I have no problem with..an invitation to subservient master-slave relations I most certainly do.

As for white Australia policy it is no longer in existence..and can you tell me.why is it called a proactive choice for a "homogenous society" when its Japan or China and Australians or Europeans aren't permitted to own business or land on their soil but its 'damn racism" when we apply 99 yr leases to the same here?

If there is no respect for us, for our national sovereignty..they can go jump....imo.

ymmv

Ro

I agree with you. You should not in any form accept a master-slave relationship. Regarding the 99 year leases....I am afraid that I am unaware of that subject matter. If you could go into further detail I would appreciate it.

Also, I was not implying that anyone was racist. I was merely pointing out the realities of that time. It is certainly a double standard when foreigners can own land in your country while you cannot own the same things in theirs.

I was not trying to appear all-knowledgeable about what I was talking about. Just trying to point out a few realities of the past. If you can provide me with some of the realities facing Australians today I would find that very helpful.

I appreciate you pointing out my inaccuracies.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by bowtomonkey

Originally posted by bowtomonkey

Good answer

My thoughts on the matter is that in the 1900's Australia needed people who spoke English and had a similar culture. I don't see this as a racist standard. As we moved on we took in more varied cultures and they clashed, for a while, and assimilated and we grew as a whole.

This sounds like a good plan.

As usual people who consider themselves different assume they are superior. This is true for all people.

I don't see how society has come a long way. Aspects of the West may have improved their idealism and some has filtered through to the body politic, but that's about it. No excuses necessary.

edit on 28-5-2012 by bowtomonkey because: (no reason given)

Yes. In regards to your first paragraph I agree. I don't see it as a standard either. Perhaps an indication of how a continent can advance itself by looking out for its interests which is no way racist, especially for the times. Also agreed upon how the continent grew and diversified after the upheavals of the first half of the 20th century.

About the aspects of the west...I am not completely sure what you are referring to. I see it as "supposed" western superiority in politics & governance, but I may be wrong. However, I agree with your statement that society has not advanced very far in the past few decades. Seems to me that society is the same...technology has improved recently...but our politicians and leaders still seem to be living in a previous era.

Perhaps I am misunderstanding your other points. If so, please point out if I am.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
No, you get me.

The sense of superiority is a generalization. I'd point the finger at TPTB too, though only because they have the most power and can affect change. So what I'm saying is that the landed gentry find / found it easy to count themselves as superior to anything that doesn't further their cause and they got to where they are by subscribing to a healthy dose of bigotry, invariable...

That said, I think the issue runs deeper and is not as it seems. I don't think that the average person is guilty of waylaying the rights of aboriginals, for example, and even not assimilating into their culture. It was and is TPTB who thwart our relationship. Left to their own devices people are inclined to just get along.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrimsonKapital
reply to post by SheopleNation

Heres some advice for you, why don't you leave Australia the # alone. How would you like it if foreign soldiers were marching through your streets? Yeah you wouldn't so stop with your imperial bull# and get out of the asia/pacific your not wanted here or anywhere else in the world.

I am not in Austrailia, I am in occupied California. Listen robot, nobody is marching through your streets, what a load of drivel. And no, I would not ever want that. Oh yeah, I a pro-Imperialist. LMAO! Talk about delusional. Now go bow down to The International Banksters that own your Continent and are selling your natural resources out to Red China.

You poor misled soul, your misdirected hatred of The United States has clouded your judgement.The Internationalists control everything. We are both part of the same monster. I apologize for having to be the one to burst your close minded bubble my friend. ~$heopleNation

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by gps777
reply to post by SheopleNation

Cheers mate,yeah I do agree with a lot of your views also,especially that we have no real say what ever country we are in, that we are being played by the puppet masters.

When people talk or understand that,I know they have their heads screwed on the right way,not matter what flag they fly.

Back at you my friend. It's nice to hear that your eyes are opened as well. We Americans respect you Aussies, we are brothers. It's very unfortunate that we both are being sold out by our Politicians who are controlled by the International Banksters. ~$heopleNation

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join