It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Republican Street Gangs Emerge In Texas Under Austerity?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I read a thread written by a guy from Greece the other day. The guy was saying that he and his sister had been hassled by anarchists. The anarchists claimed that the guys sister had been seen associating with Golden Dawn members. Thhe anarchists told them that the area they were in was anarchist turf and Golden Dawn were not welcome. The guy claims not to have anything to do with the Golden Dawn but is now considering joining them for protection because he has to work in the area claimed by the anarchists.

With Austerity in the United States already being introduced slowly I have been wondering if Americans will become more political. As the overall standard of living decreases due to the world economy and harsh Austerity starts to bite I think more and more Americans will look for people to blame. I predict new movements emerging that want different things to OWS. As people get more scared and desperate more will protest the Government. The youth will have the highest percentage of unemployed. I predict that a conservative youth movement will emerge that is a younger,more radical version of the Tea Party. They will clash with OWS. I predict smaller protest movements will emerge that have specific agendas. Maybe even gangs of Republican youths
Gangs of young Democrats. their patches will have elephants and donkeys on them.

It seems like we are all watching a tv show when we see Greece on the news. Its hard to comprehend a place in the West where you cant go to work in safety due to fear of anarchist thugs. Harsh Austerity is the plan of Western Governments to get our economies back on track. A new GFC seems like it is not far away. We could all be living in Greece like conditions in the blink of an eye.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 24-5-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-5-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I have a feeling you will get your awnser soon enough. It seems like bigger and bigger events are happening faster and faster.

Its only a matter of time.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
...You mean something more on the way of the Nazi brown shirt street terrorists?
Gangs usually have very short-sighted ideologies unless they spring from such as those mentioned above.

Since you offered the possibility, I would like for you to expound on that for us. Is it possible?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun
...You mean something more on the way of the Nazi brown shirt street terrorists?
Gangs usually have very short-sighted ideologies unless they spring from such as those mentioned above.

Since you offered the possibility, I would like for you to expound on that for us. Is it possible?

i think it is. If I was a revolutionary I would be forming an SA style malitia by recruiting homeless and those living in Tent Cities,and the unemployed. There is alot of them and they should all have a problem with the government. I think its very possible that some type of militia will emerge. Probably backed by someone with an agenda.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   
I do NOT see "conservative" street gangs forming from austerity measures.

Conservatives by their very nature and lifestyle thrive under austerity measures. Austerity measures are basically a $10 way of saying cuts in public services and welfare.... all of which fit the conservative mantra.

Conservatives want smaller government, do not use public services, welfare or the like, and want an enviroment in which the individual works and succeeds or fails.

Cuts in public housing, public medical services, food stamps, subsidized anything will affect the people that can't depend on their own abilities...

A good example would be to contrast New Orleans and Katrina vs the Floods of the Upper Midwest and the destruction of the small towns along the river of the following year. New Orleans and the subsidized lifestyels there have yet to fully recover and still depend on government support at some level. The small towns and small cities of the Upper Midewst have pretty much recovered, did it themselves, and moved on.

No, conservtives embrace austerity... I live it everyday. My wife and I have lived so conservatively and independently for so long we really have not been impacted by the recession/ depression of 2008-2012.

top topics

join