It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran nuke talks stall over sanctions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

The talks Wednesday in Baghdad between Iran and Russia, the United States, China, Britain France and Germany ended inconclusively, multiple media reports said, because Iran wanted a hold on major European oil sanctions set to kick in July 1 in exchange for staying at the table.

Iran nuke talks stall over sanctions

This is not good. I don't think either side will back down. The world is just getting one step closer to WWIII. We will have to keep an eye on this. I'm interested in what Israel has to say about this. This just gives Israel one more "reason" to attack Iran, and at this point they will probably do it.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I had read a few weeks ago that congress passed some bill (or was it an executive order?? Can't quite remember now) that stated that it would be unacceptable for Iran to have ANY nuclear capabilities, even for domestic power generation. This article stated that such an act almost guarantees the talks between Iran and the west would break down and give us the pretense to attack them (or Israel can go after them, what's the difference?).

We basically changed the rules right before the talks, knowing that doing so would guarantee failure and a complete breakdown of negotiations. Iran knows it too, but has to go through this sorry charade in order to avoid being accused of not "cooperating".

Nothing our government does indicates that they want peace in the middle east. The military / industrial complex has become a monstrous beast that MUST be fed, no matter what the cost.
edit on 24-5-2012 by FissionSurplus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Well that does it! I will never knowingly buy an American product again!!! How in Gods name do Americans sleep at night?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

How in Gods name do Americans sleep at night?
reply to post by minkmouse

We are dependent on pharmaceuticals to help us sleep. As the late great comedian Rodney Dangerfield used to say, "I don't know how to fall asleep. I only know how to pass out."

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by minkmouse
Well that does it! I will never knowingly buy an American product again!!! How in Gods name do Americans sleep at night?

i don't think there is anything made in the US anymore

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Besides, most of the things that are made in the US that you could get a hold of, to buy, doesn't directly support the war machine. Like quilts from the poorer areas of the country. Green clothing to encourage healthier social behaviors. Ect.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I was being totally reactionary of course
But sometimes I just get so miffed at the behavior of the US leaders, it just seems so childish and backwards. Nothing they do seems to ever serve the well being of all people but instead seems geared to the advantage of a few string pullers at the top. When I scanned the news this morning from multiple sources something inside me seemed to understand that the US is getting ready to move on Iran, the day is very close and I truly feel, that will be a world changing event

new topics

top topics

join