It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just how disappointing is Obama first term to you?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

Terrible, worst president ever.

Come on, he isn't worse than Bush, an election stealing moron, that got lobotomized after 9/11.

For Obama "Yes We Can" has become "Oh, So We Can't".
He took worldwide support that he had gained during the primaries and squandered it.
America was going to be back, with bold intelligent leadership, instead we got basically the continuation of the Bush doctrine plus some health care insurance tagged "Obamacare" coming soon.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by LastProphet527

*cough* I think you mean the DEMOCRAP senate...what reality are you from?

As for Barry, Thomas or whatever his name is .... DO W REALLY HAVE TO GO THROUGH THIS? again and again?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
One of the things that caught me in 2008 was his declaration of going through our budget line by line and eliminating the things that were not working, combining the things that are redundant, and funding the programs that were working. To the best of my knowledge, this has not been done, and that is where my biggest disappointment lies. He will get my vote again this year, no other options exists for me and my beliefs.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
Mods you made one thread about Zimmerman and Martin. Why not make one for the Obama hate threads.

They add nothing new and have the same old whiners and complainers.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeoStarchild

*cough* I think you mean the DEMOCRAP senate...what reality are you from?

As for Barry, Thomas or whatever his name is .... DO W REALLY HAVE TO GO THROUGH THIS? again and again?

I'm from the reality planet of common sense and the 1%.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastProphet527
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

I"m disappointed with the republican senate,not Obama.

Can't tell if trolling...

If so, hilarious

if not... This is our problem

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Seriously it`s not Obama I have disappointment in. Figure just in congress he voted neutral not present on many things. He didn`t pull his weight then and I certainly didn`t think he would as a President.

So if this voting system really does matter and isn`t as corrupted as I think it is I`m disappointed in the American people for voting him into office and think that only could have happened due to his promises of change but more to do with his skin color.

Just to bad we were not given a better idea of what that change was he spoke of but should have had a pretty good idea after seeing the church he attended..

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Common sense? 1%?

oxymoron

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastProphet527
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

I"m disappointed with the republican senate,not Obama.

You mean the DINO and Republican senate. The billionaire's boys club.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
He did better than I though he would. Honestly the mess we were in when he came into office seemed like it would take decades to start to turn around. His biggest mistake was thinking he could get the Republicans to work with him by making compromises with them. He should have just come out swinging and called them out much sooner than he did then offered a compromise. He could have vetoed the NDAA, I know he would have been out voted by congress and it would have passed anyway but, I think the political damage done by that could have been mitigated by a special TV speech coming out against it and calling both parties in congress out for passing it. Not a great President but not a bad on either.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
What I find so disappointing about this thread, among others at ATS, is that the replies fall pretty much straight down party lines, with a few honest exceptions.

Where are the ATS liberals who can honestly say they are not so happy with his broken campaign promises? At the same time, can just one conservative admit he is natural citizen, not the anti-Christ and not a communist? It's this entreched partisanship that just suffocates us.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Obama's first term is everything I expected it would be. Total failure only on a scale that could come from a former community organizer.

I am in Limbaugh's camp of "I hope he fails". The icing on the cake will be when the Supreme Court rules Obamacare unconstitutional.

No surprise here

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
In school, Elvis Presley was told he couldn't sing very well. I think Barack's on the right track (now), and time will reveal this. I have inside info, and you don't, so I understand if posting this doesn't change your mind.
edit on 24-5-2012 by Underdoggy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
he disappointed on some major things, some minor and some irrelevant. the thing is, we'll never know what the world would look like with mccain in the white house, so it's a tail chasing exercise

some will say mccain would mean 5% unemployment and world peace, but that is silly

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Underdoggy
I. I have inside info, and you don't, so I understand if posting this doesn't change your mind.
edit on 24-5-2012 by Underdoggy because: (no reason given)

Yes,He clearly has the American's best interests at heart,he's had 4 years to get things right,if he can't turn Get it right in 4 years,he's not going to do it for 4 more.

Inside info? Tell me,where is this info coming from,what is it's validity,And what it's about.
Are have you been clicking the ads around ATS?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Just how disappointing is Obama first term to you

It's not 'disappointing'. It's pretty much what I thought it would be. Corrupt. Lies. Broken promises. You know .. the usual. What is disappointing is that many people who fell for the 'yes we can' rhetoric the first time around are going to vote for this guy again. THAT is what is disappointing.

This should be laminated...

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jaellma
reply to post by FlyersFan

Even though Obama sold the "Yes we can" slogan, I ALWAYS knew that it would take years, even a couple of terms, to fix the economy.

People need to be honest with themselves and admit that the "Yes we can" was a sell slogan. In reality, the economy was always more screwed up than anyone could have fixed in 1 term. Bush and Clinton really did not do their homework while in office and Obama was left holding the bag.

Listen people, it didn't matter if Ron Paul or Jesus Christ (for those who believe) won the election back in 2008, the economy and the state of the country would pretty much be the same as it is today. So, I repeat, his slogan was just a sell to get him in office. Heck, they all need a slogan to get them elected. I am not mad at him for this. You all need to admit you bought into the hype a little teeny bit too much.

I agree it would be difficult to fix the economy in 4 years. With that said, it's the little things that he could have done differently as he said he was going to do; Gitmo, foreign policy, taxes, etc., etc.
I didn't vote for him in 2008 because I knew he was just false advertising.
Again, it's the "little" things that he hyped in 2007/2008 that have nowhere near been accomplished.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

Wake up for once and be a realist.
Obama faced no GOP opposition during his first two years in office. Those are two years he wasted pushing Obamacare and during that time nothing else was accomplished.
Any glimpse of economic improvement you see now is most likely due to the GOP opposition he faced during his final two years.
edit on 24-5-2012 by Alxandro because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Keep in mind, I am a Canadian, and therefore did not vote for anyone in 2008...

The first few times I heard Obama speak, I thought he was a good choice for President, he seemed to really be for a lot of good things like ending the war on terror, fixing the economy... etc...

Then I started doing some research on him as a candidate, and what did I find? His campaign was being funded by the same large fascist control circle that funds all the other bull#ters that come in wanting to be president. I also learned that he was a player for Zbignew Bryzninski... yeah... THAT guy! so I discovered pretty early that he was lying and that there would be no "change", at least not for the better.

First of all, if he was so good, why is the Patriot Act still in place? and furthermore, he signed the NDAA to make America so much more Draconian than it was under Bush (and don't say it was the Republicans who pushed him, he demanded the most draconian parts of that bill)... And he promised to fix the economy but then handed the banks billions in taxpayer money... the same banks that created this economic crisis in the first place. He promised to end the war on terror, but then launched more wars (without congressional approval I might add). He claims to have killed Osama Bin Laden, but then when asked for proof the administration makes up this phony story that they dumped his body in the sea and that releasing the pictures would create turmoil in the Muslim community. What kind of bull is that? Osama Bin Laden isn't exactly the prophet Mohammed or anything, and honestly, are you not at all concerned about turmoil in your OWN country? Gun sales are at a record high right now and the number one reason is because "people don't trust the government"... At least show the damn pictures, or I'm calling out another lie (one of many from this administration)...

Believe what you want, but as long as you have establishment backed puppets in the white house, you're going to have the same old bs over and over again... The only candidate who is not funded by mega banks and corporate insiders is Ron Paul... and I've been saying this since before the 2008 elections, unfortunately too many Americans don't do enough of their own research before voting.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by theMat

It's amazing what non-political, non-emotional clear thinking can see.

If Americans could take their political affiliation and emotional connections to those off the table they would be better served in making a better choice. Then again Obama VS McCain(2008) & Obama VS Romney(2012) isn't much of a choice either. The general is becoming a poor place to pick a leader.
The primaries is where the real battles must be fought.
edit on 25-5-2012 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join