It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I actually considering exploiting other people?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
So,here it goes, am I using other people if I ask them for help while I might dislike them or choose to distance myself from them for some reasons?This is an ethical issue.
edit on 24-5-2012 by QuantumSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by QuantumSeeker
So,here it goes, am I using other people if I ask them for help while I might dislike them or choose to distance myself from them for some reasons?This is an ethical issue.

Out of curiosity, what are your reasons for disliking them?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by QuantumSeeker

if you dont like these people
why are you asking for there help
what kind of help,moving house,changing car battery,money related

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Yes. As one uses a tool, you would be using them.

But, I would say as long as there is no deception or implication otherwise, there is nothing worse about this than there is with using any tool otherwise - if you make a request and they agree to help, no harm or foul.

Now, if you butter them up first, make promises or imply anything down the line you don't intend to honor, that's your bad - but if there is no deception, I don't see the issue.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by 4hero

Out of curiosity, what are your reasons for disliking them?

More like choose to distance myself from him,because our personalities do not seem to click,and I tend to be careless in doing things and stuff like that (ok,my bad) and he can be quite sarcastic sometimes that and other things as well.

Originally posted by reclaimed
reply to post by QuantumSeeker

if you dont like these people
why are you asking for there help
what kind of help,moving house,changing car battery,money related

Because we are staying in the same place,and I don;t think the other guy is as good at fixing stuffs.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

What you dislike today you might understand tommorrow and the thing you dislike about them might change. I know a person I dissliked very much 2 years ago and I have logical reasons for it. But now 2 years after I understand and see the changes in him that makes me like him better. Then there is my sister that I cannot be around. Not because I do not like her but for all the crap that happens when you are around her. She needs to make some more big misstakes and suffer the concequences so that she can finally grow up.

Do not know if above helps. Sometimes the best thing is to let people make there own misstakes and pay the concequences and let time sort the problem out.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Praetorius

Yes. As one uses a tool, you would be using them.

But, I would say as long as there is no deception or implication otherwise, there is nothing worse about this than there is with using any tool otherwise - if you make a request and they agree to help, no harm or foul.

Now, if you butter them up first, make promises or imply anything down the line you don't intend to honor, that's your bad - but if there is no deception, I don't see the issue.

I have to agree with Praetorius..

I'd like to add that it should depend on each parties' level of benefit that should determine how guilty or wrong you may be...
Just try to make sure that it's a win-win for everybody...
Even if benefits are split 10%/90% it is still better than -10%/110%

If you are knowlingly giving someone the shaft for your own gains, then may your own guilt be your guide...

Philosophically I feel like there is enough abundance in the world that productive humans can constantly run a surplus... We are constantly receiving and have access to limitless energy, so there should be no reason why anyone should have to end up with a deficit in honor of someone elses gains...

Put another way, there will always be 'more' in the future, so in the long run nobody should really end up with 'less'.

top topics

join