Video Footage Of Post IED Attack. (My Platoon)

page: 1

join

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
A friend of mine sent this to me via facebook today. I had never seen this footage although I knew it existed. I am in this video but I will not disclose just who. I will say I am not one of the wounded although I got my bell rung pretty good that day from some daisy-chained IED's. What happend was, we were sitting in a quit field on the other side of town resting after taking replacing an Army unit at the town compound and spending 36 hours nonstop on gaurd due to our one Platoon replacing a Company of Army soldiers at a huge compound. While relaxing in the field we came under very accurate mortar fire and decided to egress back to the compound where the rest of our company had replaced us at. While en route back the the compound we were hit. The video picks up just after we were hit and ambushed, You can here the last few shots of the fight.

This video will show the chaos involved with these incidents and how Marines respond to them. The video did not capture the fire very well but the whole rear of the vehicle was on fire following the explosion. The vehicle Commander had already gotten a fire extinguisher on it even while being dazed from the blast and that action alone saved the two Marines you will see recieving medical attention. Also the date on this video is wrong. It was either very late 2004, or early 2005 because this was just after Operation Phantom Fury had taken place. We were out hunting the insurgents that had fled to the surrounding towns when this happened. The name of the town by the way was KARMA. Ironic to say the least.

edit on 24/5/12 by usmc0311 because: poor spelling

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

Thanks for sharing that. Very intense, I really don't think people understand the type of stress that must be, I sure as hell don't.

quick question though....

What is up with the Islamic Media Center logo on it?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters

Thanks for sharing that. Very intense, I really don't think people understand the type of stress that must be, I sure as hell don't.

quick question though....

What is up with the Islamic Media Center logo on it?

I'm not sure about the logo. The fottage is from CBS originally but I am not sure who made this video. I still remember that day like it was yesterday.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Honestly, I don't see how you could possibly not relive that every day of your life. I've never tried to hide the fact that I don't support the wars, but I sure as hell support the troops sent over there to fight, and I really don't think your country is doing enough on the backend. I've never experienced something like that in my life, but I have had life or death situations and suffered trauma, that never goes away, you just get better at dealing with it.

And about the logo, I only asked because I would severely anger me if this video was being used by insurgents as a propaganda tool.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

It very well could be. When we were over there we recovered tapes of american vehicles being blown up filmed by the enemie. We even found some footage of our LAVs being blown up as well.

join