It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I must be an idoit cause I cannot do a RUBIX CUBE

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
One of my lifes goal, finish a rubix cube without cheating or looking information online. I always come around one every 5 years and I still have not found the secrets of the cube. Honestly, i'm sure those who figure it out remember the code or combination of codes to crack this case. I see people finishing them in 20 seconds, great! awesome! i like to finish mine sometime in my life!
edit on 24-5-2012 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

LOL, I am afraid that I share your pain. I just gave up on the stupid thing.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
You can buy the color stick-ons for each side. Amaze your friends! Tell them you finished it in as long as it takes to stick them to the sides!

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I agree. I have tried many times and failed. The people who can do it in under a minute impress me greatly.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
lmao.

I used to fool around with the Rubix cube when I was younger.

The trick is to remember that the middle of each side will never change - Use this as a point of reference when trying to solve it. There are a few more little tricks but that is the one that usually "enlightens" the most frustrated of solvers(solvees?).

As to the 20 second solvers you see on TV......the patterns are memorised and the cube set up.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamAssassin

As to the 20 second solvers you see on TV......the patterns are memorised and the cube set up.

Not sure what you mean by that.

One of my good friends is able to get it under a minute 90% of the time after I completely mess it up. He also solves the ones larger than the original one relatively quickly as well.
edit on 24-5-2012 by b3l13v3 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
my rubik's cube came with a set of instructions on how to solve it. I memorized those instructions, but the scenarios weren't always 100% the same. I used to get a big kick out of solving it in under a minute and making people think I was some amazing genius.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
my rubik's cube came with a set of instructions on how to solve it. I memorized those instructions, but the scenarios weren't always 100% the same. I used to get a big kick out of solving it in under a minute and making people think I was some amazing genius.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
I see people finishing them in 20 seconds, great! awesome! i like to finish mine sometime in my life!

Well it is a relatively simple algorithim, that you use based on the the corners that are and facing you.

Rubik's cube solution in seven steps

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I refuse to click that link, if I could get my hands on an untouched one, I feel like I might be able to do it..

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Apparently you can't spell idiot either...

Sorry

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
If you pry the top off one of the mid sections you will see a screw.

Unscrew it, take the pieces apart, put them back together in correct fashion.

Hey - it *is* a solution!

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Zinky

Well, without cheating, or going online for help, or using the help of others, not much more we can do other than simply cheer you on. There is a solution for it, and it's one that the quick solvers use...but if you want to keep trying to figure it out...knock yourself out.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

you are not alone.

My wife taunts me because she can and quickly, but can't explain (clearly /in english/ remotely patiently) how she really does it.

it makes me

new topics

top topics

join