It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blatant Corruption Exposed as EU Blocks France's Ban on Monsanto's GMO Maize

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+58 more 
posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Blatant Corruption Exposed as EU Blocks France's Ban on Monsanto's GMO Maize

www.blacklistednews.com

Just after France legislators and officials moved to ban Monsanto’s genetically modified strain of GMO maize over environmental and health concerns, the European Union has decided to step in and re-secure Monsanto’s presence in the country — against the very will of the nation itself. This should come as no surprise when considering the fact that the United States ambassador to France, a business partner to George W. Bush, stated back in 2007 that nations who did not accept Monsanto’s GMO crops will be ‘penalized’. In fact, ambassador Craig Stapleton went as far as to say that the
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
naturalsociety.com

+27 more 
posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I HATE MONSANTO!
And since they are so in bed with unelected NWO officials within the EU, the will of countries is being ignored! France voted to NOT allow this GMo maize to be grown in France, and does it matter? NO! The EU steps in an forces France to accept Monsanto's crop.
Can you say Agenda 21?!
Its completely true to say that all european countries are basically provinces or counties within europe itself. These 'countries' are in no way sovereign whatsoever!
I forsee big protests and demands to exit the EU and as they should! It was a complete and total disaster economic-wise and has ruined so so many countries over there. I mean even the recent election in France is a total sham! Whats the point of elections when the EU (NON-ELECTED) can just come in and decide your countries policy when they feel they need to. Makes me sick! I feel for all the people of europe who don't want to be slaves anymore. Who don't want foreign bodies to decide what they can and can't do! This scares me so much because it appears the the North American Union is progressing quickly too! Check out this thread today about US agents being allowed into Canada to 'search'. Basically they are expanding the FBI and other agencies jurisdiction into MY COUNTRY! Stay out! UGH!!!! MAD!

Ok, so anyways,

Your thoughts?!

www.blacklistednews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 5/24/2012 by Nspekta because: added ATS thread

+20 more 
posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Monsanto should be burned to the ground. Forced to confess the mass murder of already poor nation's men, women and children. Their one time only seed is a forcible genocide to those people and thus, the people producing them should be strung up by their necks and shot.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
They're horrible, and I probably end up eating their food all the time... Don't know how to detect them

+4 more 
posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

Words cannot come to me as to just how messed up this is.

Imagine if the USA decided to ban Nuclear Power and a delegation made up of Canadians, Mexicans, Costa Ricans, Cubans and Guatemalans stepped in and decided for us that we did not have the right to do that.

All hell would break loose!

It's going to be interesting to watch the blowback to this decision from the people of France.

Un-flippin-believable. Thanks for sharing.

+2 more 
posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Well, maybe the angry french citizens should just start burning the fields to the ground and destroying the crops. Environmental terrorism is what it would be called, but maybe it would get the point across. It saddens me to drive around the farmland here where I live and see the signs at the ends of the fields advertising the GMO crops that are being grown. I grow most of my own food and butcher my own meat but not eveyone can do that although everyone should have the right to natural and healthy food.
edit on 24/5/12 by usmc0311 because: poor spelling

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Hessling

Unfortunately, as some are now seeming to realise, the whole point of the EU was to rule the individual countries and suppress any undesirable local legislation. It is seemingly an all or nothing deal, if you're in you're in up to your neck with no hope of release.

Recently the EU wanted to form a new superior council that supersedes EU rules. The pyramid slowly shows itself once more...

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

You're spot on.

Let this be a lesson to anyone who ever hears someone say, "what's wrong with a North American Union?".

The pyramid slowly shows itself once more...

Yes it does!

+4 more 
posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Come on France-We know you are good at rioting-here is the perfect opportunity.
We were told the EU would not over rule national decisions...yeah right.
Screw the EU,and Monsatan.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
This should be interesting. Highlighting how corrupt the EU suits and Monsanto are at the same time, whilst making a lot of people more angry? Sounds like it could backfire. And the French don't take kindly to being messed around, so you can bet they won't let this happen without bringing a lot of attention to it.

Looking forward to seeing how this plays out in France next.

Monsanto will get theirs before long, they're just too big and corrupt on a stupid level now. They've seriously jumped the shark, and as global awareness raises they'll be one of the first and most obvious targets, for millions of angry and well informed people.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Can't stand monsanto either.

A few years ago a hemp lover tried to lauch a kind of e-campaign called "the green revolution" over here.
He asked every pot lover to seed anywhere anytime. Had a shy but quite significant success.

We shoud all do this with all sorts of plants to show people it grows even without altering DNA. Because on the long term they will stick in people's head that GM organisms are totally natural and even healthy.

And our children will end up THAT brainwashed.

I was searching an info about tomatoes the other day. And on a forum there was that 14 y.o. kid who seemed really surprised that he could actually take a seed from a fresh tomato, dig it into the ground and water it to get another tomato!

We have to do something to feed our kids brains against all the BIG FOOD propaganda.

Peace

EDIT: watch this movie

edit on 24-5-2012 by CityFarmer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver
Recently the EU wanted to form a new superior council that supersedes EU rules. The pyramid slowly shows itself once more...

Why do I have Disney's "It's a Small World" going through my head?

This seems slightly foretelling.

This is not what I meant by "central planning"

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by gentledissident
Why do I have Disney's "It's a Small World" going through my head?

I'll take a wild stab in the dark at your question. Because, like me, you had a childhood full of hours alone in front of the TV and shiny disney images of rabbits, wolves, coyotes, ducks, mice, dogs, sorcerers, bad guys in various forms and uh....much more besides?

+6 more 
posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
The illusion of Monsanto as a distinct entity within the business community is effective.

It is, in effect, a member of government(s) as well as a supranationally sovereign entity which is part of the network of tentacles which reach deep inside the political and trans-governmental apparatus that affects more individuals on this planet than any single nation.

Most importantly, the degree of secrecy being afforded to the execution of their 'strategy' is a clear sign that there is more at stake here than 'wealth.' This particular monster is far beyond a "corporation" and it's deeply entrenched presence (dug in like an Alabama tick) inside multi-national organizations in the UN and EU and the so-called SPP is something only the most obtuse can cling to as "business as usual" or a representation of "capitalism."

They are influencing the very laws that many of our ancestors died to establish for our benefit. So far they have succeeded in making most of us incapable of doing the same for our posterity. And we have yet to see any 'transparency' about their relationship with the technocrats, oligarchs, and alleged "royalty" who claim to care for our collective well-being.

It amazes me that Europeans vote for, and accept the very people who betray them at nearly every turn. I figured the US is a young country, we have the excuse of inexperience and a degree of hubris ... but the old world... surely they should know better, no?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

I truly believe Monsanto to be at or very close to the top. If one were to read a fictional novel with Monsanto as the villain one would realize very quickly that the plot was global domination. Control the food supply, control the world.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

Its completely true to say that all european countries are basically provinces or counties within europe itself. These 'countries' are in no way sovereign whatsoever!

Oh really? Just wait until push comes to shove. We are NOT the Untied States of Europe, nor will we ever be.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

I truly believe Monsanto to be at or very close to the top. If one were to read a fictional novel with Monsanto as the villain one would realize very quickly that the plot was global domination. Control the food supply, control the world.

And Monsanto's roots are? Slavery

And we are? Their new slaves.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
We are powerless to stop it unless we are willing to sacrifice everything to fight it. Also, we need people on the inside to help us. I hope we don't wait until it becomes the Day of the Triffids before reacting.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
reply to post by Nspekta

Oh really? Just wait until push comes to shove. We are NOT the Untied States of Europe, nor will we ever be.

Hey, I'm with you man! But look how they fooled everyone and put the EU into place. I'm not saying the US of Europe, its going to be the North American Union, where we will all happily use the Amero

If, said union is formed, the sheeple will gladly keep on with the charade of electing and such, and it will be the same as Europe now, a mix of provinces, all distinct in their own way, yet all ruled under one economic power, an UNELECTED economic power!!

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
This is sort of a re-rant lol

After re-reading the article, I can't seem to decide which is worse!

The fact that Monsanto is using its power to push its GMO through to people who have used their 'supposedly' rights to ban the product AND obviously has no cares for what the population wants. Usually in marketing, you put a product out there, do your best to sell it through advertising, proving it works, proving its safe.. and if no one buys it still, well then you go bankrupt OR in monsanto's case, line their EU buddy's pockets and force your product onto the population

OR the fact that this story completely proves that the EU is corrupt and is obviously not an adequate governing body since they impose the will of their corporate buddies onto the populations. The fact that they are doing this when they say that the EU is set up for prosperity and common good... yeah, common good for the 1% unelected rulers of Europe... Soon to be in a North American neighbourhood, just like yours!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join