It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ufo investigative TV team! Wow! AGAIN!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Yyyyyyyyyyyyyup. THE STANDARD FORMULA IS BAAAAAACK. Some men and the skinny female. Because You, my friends, just can't get enough. apparently.

National Geographic channel, ala 'Sci Fi Investigates' 'Fact Or Faked' 'Ghost Hunters' and 'Decoded'. Etcetera. Has James Fox the beeleevee puppy dog, this other guy (or two or three who knows), and tough macho looking but super model looking woman in painted on bikini-waist pants and white bustier, with the flanking doughy men sporting these innocent smirks reminiscent of Dan Akroyd's character 'Ray' in Ghostbusters.

But says NatGeo of their novel blockbuster-ratings-to be -brain- child:

(Openminds TV) (link don't work, here in ats forum

How does this show differ from other UFO-related programs on TV? NatGeo explains, “With its combination of adventure, travel and hard-hitting science, this series offers a radical new spin on this unexplained phenomenon.”

edit on 24-5-2012 by Saucerwench because: x

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Here's the videos .

Interesting to see James Fox is involved , hopefully it'll be worth watching .

edit on 24-5-2012 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
(Woman 'investigator') That was a f****** flying saucer! f.....! Like, I'll do my due diligence, like,

Yyyyyyup.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
What are you saying? I read your post 4 times and I still can't figure out your point.

Can you please write what your point is without your conjectures, please?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
What are you saying? I read your post 4 times and I still can't figure out your point.

I'm with you

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
My point is, these paranormal investigative TV shows are mostly the same, with some more dumbed down than others. National Geographic Channel comes up with one and hails it like some revolutionary thing, when they are pushing yet another one of these samne kinds of tv series into the boobtube.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
So, some guy in glasses, Danny Bonaduce, and Lindsey Lohan are chasing lights in the sky? On NatGeo? Go figure.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Did any of you all listen to the first video up there, the scientific dialog of the team?
(eff and like, and eff and like,)
It made my IQ drop down to room temperature. I feel like I'm living in that movie where everyone is super dumb, in the future.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saucerwench
My point is, these paranormal investigative TV shows are mostly the same, with some more dumbed down than others. National Geographic Channel comes up with one and hails it like some revolutionary thing, when they are pushing yet another one of these samne kinds of tv series into the boobtube.

Ah now I understand what you're saying

Who knows, maybe it'll be good enough to pass the time when I'm bored, but, probably not.

edit: Never mind, I just saw the clip and wanted to sucker punch the chick after 5 seconds.
edit on 24-5-2012 by xEphon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
THANKS, SAVEDONE AND NIGHTFLIGHT, -TWO- PEOPLE GET WHAT I'M TRYING TO PUT FORTH HERE, SO FAR.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Ohhhhhh, so why didn't you just say that?

But here's a better question, why are you still watching television?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Ditto on that comment
I interpreted it to mean that the OP likes to jazz up simple sentences and thinks that is important to the thread.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Just thought I'd mention that the female investigator is Erin Ryder. Most of you are probably familiar with her work as a producer/investigator on Destination Truth.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I'm just happy to see new UFO programming on television. I'll reserve my judgment for this series when I actually get to watch it.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Saucerwench

I completely know what you are saying. I used to love watching UFO Hunters before the show got cancelled, because they would actually investigate stuff like Dulce New Mexico, Rendlesham Forest which always interested me, but all these new Paranormal Investigating shows now all seem the same.

The team is made from the same formula as the others:

They all have the skeptic, who always comes up with some retarded explanation which makes them seem like they are trying their hardest not to believe.

Then there is the believer, who says, "I hear a Squatch", "I saw a shadow just move" or "That's a UFO over there" while the camera quickly moves to the subject only to cut to commercial. Then when it picks up where it left off, it turns out to be nothing of real evidence.

Then there is the gadget/special effects guy, who comes up with all sorts of insane experiments in the attempt to see if they can recreate the incident and likely call it a hoax if they can, even though they have a bigger budget and a special effects team that most amateur hoaxes could only dream of having.

There's at least one girl (who could fit any of the people above) on the team, so that the men on the team won't seem like a bunch of nerds running around in the dark with nothing better to do on a Saturday night.

Truthfully though, I love watching documentaries and paranormal shows like these, but after awhile it all seems pointless when these shows just do bad investigations and not gaining any real proof.

What the producers need to do is get some of us here together to create a top notch show that really digs deep into the conspiracies of the Paranormal. Most of us here have seen and heard more than what these so called "investigators" bring to the table.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
This is what i dont understand with shows like this, they go out looking for these things be it ghosts or UFO's and when they find it they act all stupid and surprised. seriously

love and harmony
Whateva

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by iwan2ski

Thanks for your post, iwan. You are the kind of person I always hope to encounter here on ATS. Smart and gracious.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
From the first clip, yeah, it looks like the same extremely tired, formulaic, low budget, entertainment-driven, factually poor content as Ghost Hunters, Finding Bigfoot, and many others.

It's the same entertainment media junk where every episode they'll encounter something to keep the ratings going, a something that in all likelihood is just a something cooked up off-stage by the producers, with, or without the knowledge of the so called 'researchers', who are well trained with reality-tv-show-like examples of over the top emotionally driven reactions.

Were it me, I wouldn't be peeing myself with verbal exclamations. I'd be grabbing my gear and trying to get closer for better shots while also keeping the something on film.
I'd also be filming in natural visible, low-light, IR, UV, and thermal for 5 separate views and 5 different videos, all overlapping on the same something.

Such shows, however, aren't really geared for real investigation. They're geared for entertainment and ratings.

Such media programming is the equivalent to fast-food dollar-menu drive-through food.

edit on 24-5-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Did any of you all listen to the first video up there, the scientific dialog of the team?
(eff and like, and eff and like,)
It made my IQ drop down to room temperature. I feel like I'm living in that movie where everyone is super dumb, in the future.

I believe you are refering to Idiocracy?, nothing to do with this thread, but its about all i really wish to contribute, much the show this thread is about

top topics

<<   2 >>

join