It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Conjurers: Part 1 [TFTG]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
"Hey man hurry up we're going to be late for school." I yelled.
"Yeah, yeah, I'm coming fool, don't get your panties in a twist." Kale responded.

As usual I was stopping by Kale's house so we could head to school together. It started off as such a normal morning, not in my wildest dreams could I ever have predicted what today was going to be like. A minute later Kale came walking out of his room wearing his usual stupid outfit; baggy white pants and a long white jacket. He's a really bulky guy and it makes him look like some sort of gangster.

Although I guess my clothing style isn't much better, you wont find me wearing anything else but some color of baggy chord pants, black today. Along with chord pants I tend to wear some type of thin jacket, even when it's not cold. I'm no where near as big and buff as Kale but I like to think I have a nice muscle tone. My name is Jaxon by the way. Jaxon Vancus.

I bet Kale dresses like that because he thinks he is some sort of wizard with magical powers. Although I'm beginning to believe he actually does. I've only known him for about a year so I don't really know him all that well. I asked him to teach me some of this so called magic and I've experienced some really odd things which can't easily be explained. I guess I like the guy because he's not normal like most people.

Today was the day I would learn just how unusual he is, and just how strange reality can be. We were walking to school like any other day when I saw it... that monstrous beast sent chills of death down my spine. It was huge, so huge it could smash buildings and swat planes from the sky. It looked like some sort of huge gorilla with two heads... trudging through our town. It seemed like the world was crumbling down around me.

"What... is that thing." I stuttered with a fear stricken voice.
"It's some type of magical manifestation... it seems there are other conjurers in town." Kale replied.
"I can't handle this... there's no way I can deal with this... this is too much, what the hell have you dragged me into man, this is absurd!" I exclaimed.
"Hey man, no need to freak out... don't get your panties in a twist. That thing isn't physical, it can't interact with the physical world. You might think of it as some type of holographic projection." Kale answered.
"So it can't do damage to our town then?" I ask with a concerned tone.
"No... and no one can see it except those who are open to this sort of thing. It seems like the brief training I gave you has opened your third eye. You have gained what you might call extra sensory perceptions." Kale answers calmly.
"That's insane. Are you telling me those stupid little training sessions have done this to me?!?" I demand.
"That seems to be the case. And I don't want to worry you, but now that you can see that thing... it can interact with you. It cannot harm anyone who isn't capable of acknowledging its existence, but it can harm us now that we are aware of it. We have bridged some sort of gap with the non-physical world and our ability to interact with that world is why we can see this beast." Kale responds.
"Well that's freaking great dude, you could have told me that in the first place. I have every reason to get my panties in a twist if that thing can kill me." I reply.
"There's no need to worry, that thing is huge and slow, and it doesn't know we can see it, not unless we interact with it. It's easy to avoid it. We need to find the conjurers who are responsible for this and stop them before this magical projection is able to hurt anyone." Kale explains.
"I thought you said that thing couldn't hurt anyone! Get your damn facts straight man!" I yell.
"There are some people with a natural ability to see these types of things. Without the need for practice or training they naturally exhibit heightened awareness of reality. This entity could cause them damage or trauma if they were to cross paths with it." explains Kale.
"Well I suppose I can help you find the people responsible for this. My legs don't feel like they're about to give way any more. I can't let myself be ruled by fear any more. I'm ready for this!" I proclaim.
"I'm glad to hear that Jaxon, I don't think there are many people like us around these parts. I wasn't expecting something like this to happen in our small town, your help might be crucial."

Obviously we wont be going to school today, but Kale decided we should stop by the school anyway to make sure everyone is alright. When we arrived at the school everything looked fine, but Kale decided to cast some sort protection spell. After muttering a few strange words and making some weird gestures with his hands, a huge wall of light appeared to surround the entire school.

"Anyone who can see this barrier will not be able to pass through it. That means our unexpected guests will not be able to enter the school." Kale explains.

But before I could respond to Kale the unexpected guests had already found us. There was 5 of them, 4 males and 1 female, and all of them dressed even weirder than Kale. This was not looking good...

"We detected a large amount of anomalous activity in this area... but I honestly didn't expect to find conjurers in this pathetic little town." one of them taunts.
"What do you want with this town? Why have you created that thing? Just what are your intentions?" Kale questions them with a demanding tone.
"We're just having a little fun... but I don't think that's any of your business." responds a guy standing near the back of their group.
"What happens in this town is my business, especially when my friends are in danger!" Kale grunts.
"So your friends are in there huh? Lets see just how strong your abilities are..."

The 4 males attempt to break through the light barrier but none of them succeed, every time they touch it they get pushed away. But then something happened which was completely unexpected... the female member of their group walked up the wall, and then she just walked straight through it like nothing was there at all. I had to do something about this, without even thinking I demanded Kale to open a hole in the barrier and let me inside the school.

"I need to go after her, you stay here and take care of these guys. I wont be able to do anything to help out here anyway. Trust me, I just have this feeling I can do something if I find the girl." I demand.

I was surprised, but Kale didn't even question my demand. He created a brief opening in the barrier and let me through. As soon as I entered the school I spotted the girl, she hadn't gotten far. She was just walking down the main hall slowly while everyone was staring at her, probably because of what she was wearing. I called for her and she turned to face me. At that moment I realized how beautiful she was.

There was something amazing about this girl, she was like some sort of angel. All my hatred seemed to vanish and it was replaced by this admiration and desire to know her. I just couldn't shake the feeling even though I knew it was probably some sort of spell she had cast on me. I slowly approached her and as I got closer she only continued to look better and better. Finally we stood face to face and we were looking straight into each others eyes.
edit on 24-5-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: spelling

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
This post has been transferred over to Part 2 so that I don't go over the character limit.
edit on 24-5-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
This post has been transferred over to Part 2 so that I don't go over the character limit.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

This is actually based on a dream I had the other night... so I probably couldn't continue this story even if I wanted to. Unless I happen to have a dream which picks up where my other dream left off. I wasn't intending to post this story as part of the TFTG writing competition, I just happened to notice there was a writing competition a few minutes before posting this story... and my story just so happened to be a fantasy story which fits the criteria. What are the chances huh? Anyway, enjoy this fable direct from the land of dreams.

EDIT: it seems I wasn't so lucky after all, my character count exceeds the allowed number of characters. Oh well, I wasn't intending to make this part of the writing completion anyway. I hope people like it in any case.

EDIT: Story has been broken up into 2 parts so that I can still submit both parts as entries in the writing competition.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
SnF. You have this knack for ending a story so the reader wants more. That's called good writing.

As far as the story goes, I like how you blend elements of a normal day within the parameters of the fantasy realm. Your words lead into a distraction between the real, and the unknown. Well done.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

As far as the story goes, I like how you blend elements of a normal day within the parameters of the fantasy realm. Your words lead into a distraction between the real, and the unknown.

Well it turned out that way, because that's exactly how my dream was. It started off so normal, and then suddenly I was immersed in a world where a massive beast was stomping through the town... I tried to convey some of the emotions I was feeling in the dream but it's almost impossible to put it into words properly. This is one of my only dreams I actually wrote down after waking up, because I knew it would make such a great story.

top topics

join