It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it the last chance for a peaceful solution?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I've been doing a lot of thinking about the upcoming elections and the future of America.

I believe that this election may be the last chance of a peaceful resolve to the corruption within our governments.

I am 32 and I know for a fact that many people my age and younger, are fed up with a system that is becoming more corrupt by the minute. 4 years ago many of us felt the same way, but a charismatic man from Illinois gave us hope of a nation where we will once again feel the freedoms our fathers before us felt. But he ended up being a puppet head just like the previous guy. We learned our lesson, now we study, learn and are aware of the lies. We look at the past to find the future.

We seek peace, but it is obvious that peace may only come after blood has been shed. We are giving the system one last chance, but realize fraud is at an all time high, and our voices are being muffled. We see them take our rights of peaceful protests way, and if you legislate our voice away, we will in time be as a bear that has been cornered, and will lash out.

State, City and National governments will keep legislating our rights away.

These governments are beginning to feel pressure, however. But they are so power hungry that I feel they will, whether publicly or privately, legislate right to the voting booth, where it will be nearly impossible for certain candidates to even have a chance.

Currently there is evidence of election fraud in many states and counties, and with electronic voting probably even more that there is no evidence of, but what if that fraud became legal? If you think it won't happen, just think about whether you thought a bill like NDAA would have ever passed a year ago?

People are losing Jobs,
Inflation is on the rise,
health care is at an all time high,
young college grads are on average 45,000 dollars in debt before they even find an entry level job,
Welfare recipients get more in benefits than most full time min wage workers
Middle class is disappearing
Regulations have been made to make it nearly impossible for entrepreneurs to compete with large corporations
Laws are being passed that step all over the bill of rights
Police are taught that you are the enemy
................The list goes on and on

Will the time come to choose a side?
Will more wake up?
Will it be to late?

I don't know, but the noose is tightening, and many of us are well aware that if something isn't done soon, it will be to late.

If this election has taught me anything, it's that we truly do have a corrupt system and the future will just get worse.

History repeats it'self, and if something isn't done soon, we will soon become like that of the 1930's Germany (there I said it) Look it up, they are doing exactly what the Nazi party did prior to WWII. Really there are only a few things left to legislate to make it identical if not worse.

The world is waiting for us to make a move, and it's only a mater of time before the first shot is fired ((another) shot heard round the world.)

Our right to vote for our candidate of choice will not make it to the next election. Baby boomers are helping them now, but soon the scales will shift and they must do something to keep the power they have.
edit on 24-5-2012 by tw0330 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Very well said.

Always a great thing to hear people younger then myself start seeing through the smoke and mirrors that our society has become.

As to whether this is our last chance, I cannot help but wonder that if even a genuinely good candidate made it to the Oval Office that it might be too little, too late. Still so many others in positions of influence that would be running interference for TPTB I wonder if it could actually be turned around?

An excellent post overall, but one quote of yours truly grabbed me:

We see them take our rights of peaceful protests way, and if you legislate our voice away, we will in time be as a bear that has been cornered, and will lash out.

Right there in a nutshell is my greatest fear. And I believe it is going to come to that. God, how I miss my country! While in the past it was never perfect, the depths it has fallen to just staggers the imagination.

S&F

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

I foresee riots after the election regardless of who wins the race, celebratory or angry, similiar to the riots after a NFL, NBA, NHL, Soccer team wins (or loses) a championship.

Except this time around it will happen in most major cities rather than just a couple.

I truly hope I'm wrong but I don't think so as we are so politically divided right now it will be like a replay of the sixties, if not worse.

And regardless who wins, they will use these incidents to crack down even further.

Many people can't think with a level head anymore...it's their way...or else. Compromise seems to be a dirty word these days. Both sides use the word to try to spin a political advantage but neither side truly wants it.
edit on 24-5-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Hessling

Thank you for your kind remarks.

I would like to counter your youth remark with a remark myself. You can not imagine my gratitude when I see someone 50+ who cares enough about the future of this country and the legacy being left to stand up for what is right.

Many of the baby boomers have trusted the government and the system we have their whole lives, they experienced freedoms those our age can only dream of. They are blind to the legislation that have passed that take the freedoms they have away from them.

They do not see that it is nearly impossible to enjoy the 40 hour work week, have a nice weekend, and get a couple weeks off for vacation with the family. This is all a pipe dream, as many of us work two jobs, have no time for the family, and when we do get vacation, we don't have the extra money to spend.

Youth is blames for everything, yet they don't see that the care free youth that they once had, is now surrounded by constant harassment from all directions. Those out of college have a 45,000 dollar debt even before they start there lives. Most just don't see it.

You sir actually do care about our future and have earned my respect.

Thank you for caring

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
if anyone has netflix, watch "the American Revolution" history channel.

This is a series of videos detailing various parts of the revolution. Very well written.

If something were to go down in America, I see a similar situation, only far worse as we would be fighting a government of our own land.

Know your history.

The American Revolution wasn't just American, it was world wide.

In essence this was the first true world war

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I am a little disturbed by your post. You most admittedly were fooled by obama's 'charisma', but you are so incredibly sure of yourself now that you are threatening civil war if things don't go your way. One must ask themself who the real puppets are- your ideology seems to be swayed by the same group that aligned you with the 'charismatic man from Illinoise'. It might be wise to re-evaluate all of your decisions and do the opposite, next time.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by onthedownlow
I am a little disturbed by your post. You most admittedly were fooled by obama's 'charisma', but you are so incredibly sure of yourself now that you are threatening civil war if things don't go your way. One must ask themself who the real puppets are- your ideology seems to be swayed by the same group that aligned you with the 'charismatic man from Illinoise'. It might be wise to re-evaluate all of your decisions and do the opposite, next time.

I threaten nothing, the threat was created by the governments legislators.

I was fooled by obama, as many were. I have learned.

What it seems you are saying is that because I agree with the right to freedom along side many others, I am being persuaded to do so?

Since when does believing in a constitutional right to freedom count as being per-swayed to believe something.

But if you think aligning myself with a group of men and women who believe the government to be corrupt is being a puppet, then I shall ask what would you call a person who just allows those freedoms to be taken away from us?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Let me add this.

I do not seek war or violence. I wish for nothing but freedom and peace.

I am only pointing out the obvious, as I myself sometimes feel as if I am being backed into a corner and the only way out is by lashing out. Do I want to? Not at all.

Do I call for war? No
Do I call for violence? No

I wish to avoid this.

But as history has proven, people can only be walked on for so long. See French Revolution.

I do however wonder if it is already to late.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

If you want change...run for office. Start an org. Blog...whatever..

Go live in a real dictatorship for a while and then return here and complain about how limited your options are in effecting change in government.

You don't live under tyranny...do something between the spectrum of complaint and violence.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Yep, I used to say that too. but that was before the patriot act and we still had freedom.

I'm not saying we are like north korea or china, but I can sure think of many other countries with a lot more freedoms than we have.

If you think we are the free-est country on earth then explain to me why we have more people in Prison than any other country percentage wise, and why most are non violent crimes that only hurt themselves.

It is not other citizens that are the problem, it is that the power should be given by the people, not taken from them.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by tw0330

Originally posted by onthedownlow

I threaten nothing, the threat was created by the governments legislators.

I was fooled by obama, as many were. I have learned.

What it seems you are saying is that because I agree with the right to freedom along side many others, I am being persuaded to do so?

Since when does believing in a constitutional right to freedom count as being per-swayed to believe something.

But if you think aligning myself with a group of men and women who believe the government to be corrupt is being a puppet, then I shall ask what would you call a person who just allows those freedoms to be taken away from us?

The original post seems to render an ultimatum- or perhaps I am just reaching. My issue is, that when you got the 'change' you were so anxiously asking for, you realized it came at the cost of your freedoms. You are most likely unwilling to surrender your gains because you want your pie, and you want to eat it to. You suggest that you are aligned with freedom, but are you just opposed to the current situation? To have our precious freedom, me must be willing to except that freedom merely provides us with opportunity, it does not make up for our short comings, and it doesn't provide a safety net for when we fall. Freedom will require a great deal of personal accountability, and a stiff upper lip, while accepting that our American dream may fall short of others. My fear is that you have haven't joined the fight for freedom, you have just latched onto the next big thing. Who would you follow if there was a war, and how would you be sure that your desired agenda was the same as the one leading you? If fiscal accountability is what you want, you need to help lean this country back to the right, if you want an equal share of everything that the bottom 95% has, just lean more to the left- but, your rights and your freedom will only be preserved through a more conservative government.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
This is my opinion on the matter:

We dutifully tried to fix things in a peaceful manner by voting into office someone whom we thought could help fix this country, we were obviously blatantly lied too, so that didnt work

.....the second thing that started to happen when that was realized to be a failure was the Occupy movement. We see thousands and thousands of people peacefully protesting (for the most part) to only be met with an authoritative ear and shut down with force, even though we are supposed to be guaranteed the right to free speech and protesting.

.....what do you think comes next in that line of progression? The missing piece to the puzzle is revolting. Violence is about the only thing left, they didnt hear our cries when we voted for change, they silenced our voices when we physically demonstrated that we sought a change in the way things were headed, they WILL NOT silence our dissent when the majority of us are armed and ready to march on Washington itself. I personally will have no sympathy for any politician that is rendered as an enemy of this country and forcefully removed, they shouldve listened way back when our discontent was present through our voting. Those are the safety nets they had in place to safeguard against something like a revolution, they have had multiple chances to hear our voices and time to do something to fix the problems. The time is almost up for this to remain peaceful. People will die inside this country, for this country, and I can almost guarantee that

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I thought this in 2008 that it was the last chance, now it seems even more dire. Either way people will just get more angry no matter who is elected. Guess we are in for a roller coaster ride. Hang tight.

top topics

join