It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toews still at it in Canada (Online spying bill)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I subscribe to emails from Openmedia.ca, which is an organization dedicated to keeping the internet open and affordable.

Today, I was disturbed to find out that not only was millions put aside in the budget for the online spying act that has yet not been made law, but the depth of profiling that will go on will make it EASIER for scammers to steal your ID. I had my identity stolen once, it had nothing to do with the internet and it's something that I wish no one will ever have to go through.

Here is the video Open Media created to break the issue down for us:

(First time embedding, hope I did it right)

[Removed Link To Petition]Mod Note: ATS And Activism – Please Review This Link.

It seems the government thinks it can do what it wants until we scream. We said NO last time this was an issue and we screamed loud enough to be heard. Enough is enough!

Millions of tax dollars can be used for things more important than this!

I think it's an outrage that these 'elected officials' think they can keep pushing the same rhetoric and get away with it because they're intent on it!
edit on 5/24/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Toews is an idiot.
We've already said no, and now he is just sealing his fate a little more. I think Canadians hate having to repeat themselves. 136,000 on the petition already.

what sickens me is they have money -set aside- for it? something that is not law? And will never be law here? Are they just expecting to pass it without a fight?

Go to hell Harper Regime. Your going down a path that leads to molotovs, i suggest stop enacting these laws, stop ignoring science, stop ignoring the people. START Ignoring your big oil friends. START ignoring the lobbyists.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

Makes me wonder if that money will "disappear" when we win again on this issue. I am a little worried though, do we even HAVE a voice anymore? I did not vote for this government, but it seems the majority won. Sad we keep saying No and they keep pushing. When Montreal's anger boils over to the rest of the country, will they listen then?

Most people I know are angry about almost everything these days. These are tense times.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

Don't forget STOP allowing Chinese Opression of Canadian economic policy and stability too.

~Tenth

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I found this on stopspying.ca

This bizarre legislation will create Internet surveillance that is:
•Warrantless: A range of "authorities" will have the ability to access the private information of law-abiding Canadians and our families using wired Internet and mobile devices, without justification.
•Invasive: The laws leave our personal and financial information less secure and more susceptible to cybercrime.
•Costly: Internet services providers may be forced to install millions of dollars worth of spying technology and the cost will be passed down to YOU.

Well that certainly does not help to put a good start on my day.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

Yeah, those points were some of our rant against them the first time they proposed this. The wording is ambiguous and wide open to interpretation.
How many times will they propose the exact same thing? How many times must we say NO?

Most disturbing ...

top topics

join