Fundamentalist Christianity: a mind control CULT?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

I could not agree with you more. The corporate church will be the demise of Christianity.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

Originally posted by EnochWasRight

Christianity is not a cult.

I Agree 100%. I am not talking about Christians here, I mean the Born Again version. I don't know if they all fall into the same "church" like Penacostal, or Baptist, and that is my fault for not asking the question. And I am sure it's very hard to see on the inside, but being on the outside and looking in, the cult similarities are very evident.

When it's just strangers it's very easy to dismiss it and just assume the people have always been that way, But when you have known them all your life and they change, literally overnight, it's frightening. At the base level, we as Christians are all the same, but once you mix in this inborn need to dominate another's faith, it becomes something much more.

The mistake with the "Born again crowd" is to believe that the symbol of being born again ends at the moment the person calls on the name of Christ. Calling on the name only implies that the character behind the name is now going to be taken by the person. This is where the rubber meets the road. The true believer shows this belief and faith with evidence of a changed life. Being born again does not just mean receiving a gift that is not earned. It is the start of a journey forward and up. The symbol contains more than one dimension. It also means that we will literally be born again. Taking the name in vain means that we took the name in duplicity. Either we took it to avoid judgment or we took it to gain reward. The point is to take it because it is the right thing to do. Faith only manifests itself by evidence when the evidence matches the thing taken.

Jesus said we must be born of water and spirit. Water is our baptism in the water of reality. The temple is the body. The altar is where we make the sacrifice. God revealed that sacrifice is not nearly as important as mercy. The water cleanses the temple. Fire also cleanses the temple. We choose to take the water and put out the fire, or we choose the fire. Either way, God cleanses the temple.

We have four baptisms to overcome. Water overcomes fire. Keep that in mind.

Earth (Material world)
Air (Breath / Word / Information / Enlightenment)
Water (Baptism into reality so we can raise to new life.)
Fire (Trials - The flaming sword that protects the tree of life)

After we pass the fire, either in the water or through the fire, we are then baptized into the spirit. To accomplish this goal, we find love for God. The spirit and the soul become one in love. The love for God is necessary. The fire will dissolve and refine us until we see the light or walk away into darkness by choice.

We possess free will.

The error you see with the "Born Again" believers is the paradox of seeing the symbol as one thing. It's far from one thing. God is multidimensional. So are we.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

What really hurt is she is that way to our younger sister,, who Really is a Christian,, and works hard at her compassion.
I wanted us to get together and asked my younger sister to call and see if she could arrange it, and the older sister attacked her like a killer bee,,,
I felt bad I suggested it to begin with,, but at the same time realized,, sometimes you can't undo programming by the ''church'' when it is instilled with FEAR not LOVE.

my younger sister disagrees with my life on religious issues,, but we can at least discuss like adults and our love for each other has Grown,, not diminished, like with our older sister.

Sad,, but true

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

The mistake with the "Born again crowd" is to believe that the symbol of being born again ends at the moment the person calls on the name of Christ. Calling on the name only implies that the character behind the name is now going to be taken by the person. This is where the rubber meets the road. The true believer shows this belief and faith with evidence of a changed life. Being born again does not just mean receiving a gift that is not earned. It is the start of a journey forward and up. The symbol contains more than one dimension. It also means that we will literally be born again. Taking the name in vain means that we took the name in duplicity. Either we took it to avoid judgment or we took it to gain reward. The point is to take it because it is the right thing to do. Faith only manifests itself by evidence when the evidence matches the thing taken.

How about that. We agree on something.
Walking the Walk and letting yourself be known by your actions rather than your words, is the way I like to describe it. The men who I see doing this and truly helping others, are the ones I respect the most and aspire to emulate.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen23

I would suggest not giving up. Family is too important to loose.
As long as someone it trying, the fight is not lost.
Good luck.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

Aliester Crowley (Freemason) said, ""Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law"

Jesus said, "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets." Matt 7:12

I thought this thread was about Fundamentalist Christianity being a cult. There are countless threads on freemasonry around. Please stay on topic,

The point I made pertained to the thread directly. I am free to speak my mind as you are. The quote above only samples a portion of my reply. The reply was directed to the flow of the discussion at hand. Freemasonry is a cult practicing Theurgy and magic. How much more counterfeit to the Christian message can we get?

Psalms 118

22 The stone the builders rejected
has become the cornerstone;
23 the Lord has done this,
and it is marvelous in our eyes.
24 The Lord has done it this very day;
let us rejoice today and be glad.

The builders rejected Christ. A cult is defined as a counterfeit belief system with pagan ritual practices.

LINK

The word cult in current popular usage usually refers to a new religious movement or other group whose beliefs or practices are considered abnormal or bizarre.[1] The word originally denoted a system of ritual practices.

What part of this is off topic?

edit on 24-5-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Well no doubt there are probably within fundamentalist Christianity cults around local preacher sand faith healers, In my lifetime I have meant fundamentalists and some of them were the nicest people I ever meet. Conversely I had a family member who was pretty mean and gussied up her meanness in the cloak of religion.

But I think you're conflating your distaste for religious zealousness and the fundamentalist interpretation with cult behavior which is something different from my understanding and generally requires a charismatic leader and near Orwellian control over their lives.

With regards to fundamentalism in general being cult, unless somebody starts throwing out I dunno sociological surveys and and defining down what exactly it means to be fundamentalist its just going to be people saying what they anecdotal seen, and there you have the potential of just noticing the theoretical troublemakers rather then say a quiet fundamentalist who goes along his daily behavior.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Greetings network dude. Glad to see another who recognizes the mind control cults at work here, and in the world in general. As you may or may not know, I have done a lot to expose this, and have gotten a lot of hate in return.

Then on ATS you see the same sort of thing. People who claim to be Christians, spit fire and damnation at anyone who doesn't fit into the tiny, tiny little box of agreement. It's the most un-Christian thing I have ever seen.

Anyone who reads the religious threads regularly can see that.
Does Christianity forbid asking hard questions about its doctrines? Yes.
Does Christianity forbid questioning of its leaders and their doctrine or behavior? Yes.
Do Christian organizations whose primary focus is fundraising, and who may even resort to deception in order to line the pockets of their leaders? Is it not true that some of these leaders live in luxury, while the one paying them live in poverty? Yes.
Do Christians not target young people, the elderly, and others who might be vulnerable to exploitation? Yes.
Is Christianity is intolerant of other beliefs? Most certainly yes.
Raised in a Pentecostal home my Mother a strict Fundamental, I have been persecuted by Christians since early childhood. I can sometimes see dead people, and to the people in the church, this was demon possession.
I can still remember the smell of those people trying to pry the demons out today, over a half century later.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

How about that. We agree on something. Walking the Walk and letting yourself be known by your actions rather than your words, is the way I like to describe it. The men who I see doing this and truly helping others, are the ones I respect the most and aspire to emulate.

Right. This is the paradox with the condemnation of Christianity as a cult. As defined, a cult is New; is of a bizarre nature and reduces its followers to a state worse than their beginning. A cult latches on to a person with false doctrine. Christianity, on the whole, transforms lives and reflects the good that we see in the world around us. There are, of course, exceptions. We are all sinners. Even Christians are still sinners. We have no hope of going it alone. Christ carries us the last mile. Before Christ, the world had no clue what suffering forward for other meant as a worldview. We were barbarians ruled by tyrants. What little good has been accomplished at the hands of man has been because of Christ.

The final leg of the journey, the Day of the Lord (1000 years), will complete the task and show us what real government and leadership is all about.

Epistle of Barnabas 15:4

Give heed, children, what this meaneth; He ended in six days. He meaneth this, that in six thousand years the Lord shall bring all things to an end; for the day with Him signifyeth a thousand years; and this He himself beareth me witness, saying; Behold, the day of the Lord shall be as a thousand years. Therefore, children, in six days, that is in six thousand years, everything shall come to an end."

-Adam to Abraham 2000 Years of Age 1 (FATHER)
-Abraham to Jesus 2000 Years of Age 2 (SON)
-Jesus to Today 2000 Years of Age 3 (HOLY SPIRIT)
-Day of Rest (Day of the Lord) 1000 years (SALVATION)

We are raised as children. First, the Father is seen. The Son then follows. We then gain a holy spirit. At the end, salvation form the wilderness and the promised land is found.

We cannot argue that our history is mismatched to this story. The Bible called it form the beginning at every angle. Other books, such as Barnabas, confirm. Science confirms. Human nature confirms. The Bible is the enigma that keeps on giving. Symbols unlock to reveal truth. We're the only ones that can be so dense as to not see the light. Our eyes need time to adapt as we emerge from the cave.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Crowley was a counterfeit Mason. His words are irrelevant but nice red herring.

Freemasonry is a cult practicing Theurgy and magic.

Please stay on topic. This thread is about the "cultishness" of Christian extremists not your opinion on Masonry.

A cult is defined as a counterfeit belief system with pagan ritual practices.

Actually it's not. A cult doesn't have to be "pagan" in ideology. A cult can be any organization with religious ceremonies or rituals.

Freemasonry is not a cult. Stay on topic.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

Greetings network dude. Glad to see another who recognizes the mind control cults at work here, and in the world in general. As you may or may not know, I have done a lot to expose this, and have gotten a lot of hate in return.

Then on ATS you see the same sort of thing. People who claim to be Christians, spit fire and damnation at anyone who doesn't fit into the tiny, tiny little box of agreement. It's the most un-Christian thing I have ever seen.

Anyone who reads the religious threads regularly can see that.
Does Christianity forbid asking hard questions about its doctrines? Yes.
Does Christianity forbid questioning of its leaders and their doctrine or behavior? Yes.
Do Christian organizations whose primary focus is fundraising, and who may even resort to deception in order to line the pockets of their leaders? Is it not true that some of these leaders live in luxury, while the one paying them live in poverty? Yes.
Do Christians not target young people, the elderly, and others who might be vulnerable to exploitation? Yes.
Is Christianity is intolerant of other beliefs? Most certainly yes.
Raised in a Pentecostal home my Mother a strict Fundamental, I have been persecuted by Christians since early childhood. I can sometimes see dead people, and to the people in the church, this was demon possession.
I can still remember the smell of those people trying to pry the demons out today, over a half century later.

You can only note that this is so about human nature, not just Christianity. By reflecting this image directly at the Christian, you judge yourself. The post you present is the same tactic repeated. The method is not the issue. Truth is the issue. We only need to find the truth from all sources and then determine the source that bears fruit toward what is self-evident.

The issue has never been about God or about the truth he reveals. The problem has always been with man. We are out of context with God. The entire existence on earth is a method of education to reveal these paradoxes of good and evil. It's the point. As I have stated earlier, we all light the fire we burn by. Christians are no exception. If we judge Christians as a bizarre cult, somehow set apart from the rest of humanity, we judge them in pride and prejudice. The issue with man is pride as the root of all that follows.

The question is not one of pointing out the pride in Christians. The question is one of putting the ax to the root. This can only happen when we follow the path and way of Christ. Any other path is pride and raising our own standard above that of God. True for you and true for me. God is true north for the declination of our compass. Anything else and we only judge ourselves.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen23

Hi there, EarthCitizen23, sounds like you had some of the same as I received as a child. I read the Bible too, and a lot of other books, some with "hidden information" and too discovered who Christ really was, what his purpose was, and so on. First off, Christ was not the only wise teacher. There were others. The reason the others are not seen by Christians is the others were not elevated to the status of the Gods. Nobody worships the Buddha, or the Spider Woman as Gods. The Christ had a message, it seems, and even though men have convoluted and twisted that message, it is easy to see what Humanity is supposed to do, and what they are not supposed to do.
The Golden Rule is endorsed by all the great world religions; Jesus, Buddha, and Confucius used it to summarize their ethical teachings. The golden rule is best interpreted as saying: "Treat others only as you wish to being treated in the same situation." Don't want to be ripped off? Don't steal. Don't want to be killed? Don't kill. Love everyone. Take care of your Home, your Planet. Make sure the Children are well taught, and well taken care of. Be a good person.

The message certainly does not mean start a cult around your teacher. Don't attempt to convert everyone else to your way of thinking. Don't start thinking you now have all the answers. Don't down others because they are not like you.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Don't attempt to convert everyone else to your way of thinking. Don't start thinking you now have all the answers. Don't down others because they are not like you.

So do you follow this or this is just for other people and not those who know the Truth?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

You realize that this thread is about the fundamentalist Christians not Christianity as a whole right? Don't be so defensive.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

Please stay on topic. This thread is about the "cultishness" of Christian extremists not your opinion on Masonry.

On the contrary. I am free to reflect the counterfeit image of this thread back to truth with the impressions that I choose to use. The beauty of a forum is the ability to disagree with the proposed topic. Context is the way to make the point. So far, the context I have provided has not veered from the topic at hand. When you attack the messenger and not the message, your showing signs of a faulty foundation. Speak to my subject and I'll continue speaking to yours.

Can you provide evidence that Freemasonry is any different than the Jesuits? Christ said the path is narrow. We know that the Roman Catholic Church is counterfeit. This does not imply that Christianity is counterfeit. It merely provides a reflecting point for us realize our own prejudice against others by the light of truth. Christianity is not simply one denomination. The narrow path is not found in the exoteric church dogma of a works religion.

The New Age movement is also tightly tied to Theosophy and Freemasonry. We can define this as an esoteric religion, but not Christianity. A religion can be a cult for sure. Again, Christ said the path is narrow and between.

People tend to move between extremes like a pendulum. When the pendulum comes to rest on truth, we find that the point of equilibrium is right where Christ said it would be. Confucius said, "I hear and I forget. I see and I learn. I do and I understand." God provides a way to do all three. We shouldn't condemn those on this path. We should only look for the truth behind what they are ALL seeking--the path back to God.

We find the truth of love and then simply look for its source. God is love. Christ is the Word that leads us there.

John 1

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

I see a cult as something that brainwashes the participant and physically changes their actions and thoughts. Like Charlie Mason did, and Like David Koresh did. It almost seems like the hold they have on the person is only strong if the continue to go to the services/meetings. If that is't cult like, I must not understand the definition.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Can you provide evidence that Freemasonry is any different than the Jesuits?

you are correct, you can type whatever you want. But out of courtesy to the other members here who might not care about the evil empire of freemasonry, I respectfully ask that you discuss the topic at hand that is "Fundamentalist Christianity: a mind control CULT?"

link   

I too am more than aware of the mind control techniques used in the church, my own step brother informed me of the techniques he himself was taught in college. There is plenty of evidence on the Net, if one just seeks it out.

Why Fundamentalist Churches are often Cults

Brainwashing, Mind Control, Indoctrination, Oppression, Coercion, Intimidation, Legalism, False Teaching, Shame, Guilt, and Bondage in the Modern Christian Church

Take a listen to to this, Fundamentalists argue their points using circular logic.

link   
Did a little google searching to try and find some valid statistics on fundamentalists and I found an interesting Pew Forum report with comparisons between different groups.

religions.pewforum.org...#

If you look under beliefs and then view as religion as the One True Faith there is to me some surprising data there listed.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

As out there as it sounds I agree with you.

Having studied NLP and other systems it's clear that many fundamentalist preachers use (often crude) tactics to sway listeners.

Start with a group of people that are seeking answers and have maybe unconsciously opened their minds to suggestion.

Put them in a group of others of the same mindset.

Play soft rhythmic music in the background.

Preach to them in a repetitive iambic tone, saying certain words with more emphasis. IE instead of Jeezus, say JEEEAH--zuhuhs..... and instead of God, say GOh-AWd.

It's classic. Not extremely effective but classic. Take a look at Hitler's speeches... rhythmic, da da da DA da. da da da DA da! Pounding the fist in tempo...

Ultimately a person can only be influenced if they ALLOW themselves to be influenced. But if they are going in desperate and looking for an answer it's pretty easy to influence them.

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join