It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fundamentalist Christianity: a mind control CULT?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid

Originally posted by RadioactiveRob
You have no idea what truth is, Christianity is absolutely not truth...

You have no idea what true Christianity is. You have been lied to my friend. Few people in the world today are aware of just how much Satan has infiltrated organized religion.

"Organized religion is THE deception that keeps us in fear of God and rejecting his grace. Religion keeps you from knowing God and keeps you blind as to what God is really like! Sadly, some confuse religion with Jesus, and walk away from them both, God and religion are separate entities that get intertwined together by man. ALL pagan religions are controlled by Satan! The elite created religion as a tool for control with a hidden agenda that aims to blind and misguide you away from the truth."

Ok well if you could produce a version of Christianity that did away with all the dogma, all the superstitions and fear I would accept that. Satan is a superstition and does not exist as an actual entity.
edit on 25-5-2012 by RadioactiveRob because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotAnAspie

Originally posted by EnochWasRight

Christianity is not a cult. It is the awakening of the mind to truth.

edit on 24-5-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

Wow, I laughed hard at this one. You have no idea what truth is, Christianity is absolutely not truth. Christianity is a cult. It is the closing of the mind from truth.

could you be more specific by saying whether you think the words of Christ are a lie or that the church that people constructed for whatever various reason is a lie.

I'm just curious... no other reason.

Well one thing is for sure and that is the modern interpretations of the gospels are definitely a lie. But if you look at the story of Jesus purely as an allegorical myth, which seems to be the most plausible theory to me, then who knows if it's true or not, since I have not bothered to try and figure out what the message behind the allegorical tale is I can't say. The literal interpretation is absolute nonsense though which seems to be a widely accepted truth around here, minus a handful of fundamentalists.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by gentledissident

When my grandmother died, I tried to hate God, to deny him, I pushed away, but I kept my heart open and he always pulled me back in. To me secular humanism/atheism is nothing more than a child rebelling against his most almighty parent and Creator.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason

When my grandmother died, I tried to hate God, to deny him, I pushed away, but I kept my heart open and he always pulled me back in. To me secular humanism/atheism is nothing more than a child rebelling against his most almighty parent and Creator.

There's nothing wrong with Christ, he gave his life for our salvation. However, "Christians" are a different story... particularly the fundamentalist evangelicals who are very far from what he taught.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by NotAnAspie

Wow, I laughed hard at this one. You have no idea what truth is, Christianity is absolutely not truth. Christianity is a cult. It is the closing of the mind from truth.

could you be more specific by saying whether you think the words of Christ are a lie or that the church that people constructed for whatever various reason is a lie.

I'm just curious... no other reason.

Well one thing is for sure and that is the modern interpretations of the gospels are definitely a lie. But if you look at the story of Jesus purely as an allegorical myth, which seems to be the most plausible theory to me, then who knows if it's true or not, since I have not bothered to try and figure out what the message behind the allegorical tale is I can't say. The literal interpretation is absolute nonsense though which seems to be a widely accepted truth around here, minus a handful of fundamentalists.

well, I wasn't talking so much about the surrounding allegorical tale so much or what it is eventually supposed to mean... as every life is wrapped up in a causative entanglement with others, which can be obscuring. Sorry if I didn't make that clear.

So I am just referring the the direct (while I understand alleged) words of Christ.

I mean you pretty much know some of it, right... turn the other cheek, love your enemies, love your neighbor, don't judge others etc etc... Not so much the prophecy, but what he attempted to teach others about living.

That is what I mean to say. Do you think those practice are wrong, that is what I'm asking. Forget the prophecy, forget the entanglement. just pretend like it was Jesus and a bunch of his friends. Good teacher or BS artist?

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."
- Ghandi

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   

reply to post by PurpleChiten

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."
- Ghandi

YES! I knew there was a quote like that, I should have done a search and found it, but just paraphrased instead. Thanks for finding it!

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2
reply to post by protocolsoflove

Jesus is for Christians though. I refer to the inner living God as The First Source and Center. Does that make me wrong? Does that mean I am going to hell for the Long Journey?

What about Muslims, eastern religions, pagans, shamans, and the rest? Are their personal faiths wrong and only Christianity right?

These are sincere questions and not intended to mock Christians.

"Wrong" is a value judgement and a little too absolute to apply to other heartfelt faiths, it invites us to be judgmental.

Jesus said: "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father, but by me". If you accept His words, then other faiths don't "cut-it" as viable paths to God.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Maybe you missed my point. You were told that this God exists. You were normal until a lot other mortals told you about this wishful thinking fairytale. You use God to explain feelings. The truth is not, "God did it". The truth varies with effect. Sometimes the explanations are similar, but they are not caused by an imaginary being. People need to face the truth that we are on our own, get used to it, and let society develop on a natural course and not a supernatural one. It's time to admit who we are, what we've done, and what we can do. It's time to face out mortality, God is not telling you to reject this, you are. The truth hurts and is scary. Just like we have religious folks telling each other, "It's all going to be alright when we make it to heaven". We can all band together to make this very limited span of consciousness alright. We might even make it pretty good.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

When you attack the messenger and avoid context toward the message, your words are empty. If you fail to say why, your have only presented a message based on incredulity on a platform of bias and condescension. Go back and read my posts. I provide a plethora of context.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by PeaceNLove123
reply to post by network dude

Look, saying that Christianity is a cult and implying one should stay away from it, is as stupid as saying Rock n' Roll is Satanic or beer is evil. Get my point?

Read the thread title. Now, read it again.
Get my point?

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut

Jesus is for Christians though. I refer to the inner living God as The First Source and Center. Does that make me wrong? Does that mean I am going to hell for the Long Journey?

What about Muslims, eastern religions, pagans, shamans, and the rest? Are their personal faiths wrong and only Christianity right?

"Wrong" is a value judgement and a little too absolute to apply to other heartfelt faiths, it invites us to be judgmental.

Jesus said: "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father, but by me". If you accept His words, then other faiths don't "cut-it" as viable paths to God.

And the other religions think they are equally "right" about their paths. If people don't learn to be tolerant of other beliefs, there is a chance some folks could start a war over something like this.......Oh wait, they have.

Those who do not learn from history are destined to repeat it.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

I'm more fond of thinking of it as a riddle of sorts. I'm big on the hidden history of the Church, and the secret meanings of all of its messages...

Jesus' original name literally means "YHWH is Salvation." And the Bible clearly states that God is love.

Therefore, when Jesus says he is the only way to God, perhaps he means that we should look to love for salvation...in a roundabout way. After all, since when has Jesus ever stated anything outright? He was a fan of parables and cryptic answers, the sort of responses that make you think for yourself instead of relying upon him, as people nowadays are so apt to do.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

And the other religions think they are equally "right" about their paths. If people don't learn to be tolerant of other beliefs, there is a chance some folks could start a war over something like this.......Oh wait, they have.

Haha yeah you're a super tolerant dude that we have much to learn from.

If I'm not mistaken freemasonry has a track record of inciting revolution...some would call that war....

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Why do you guys always have to take cracks at each other? Accept that you're looking at the box from two different angles, and use the summation of your perspectives to devise meshed viewpoints until you come up with one that works.

If you continue to butt heads like this, it's no wonder you don't get anywhere. Two bulls with locked horns don't get far...

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by protocolsoflove

If I'm not mistaken freemasonry has a track record of inciting revolution...some would call that war....

Look Troll, may I call you troll? The revolution that helped start the United States did have some masons involved in the planning. But there were also masons in England. Seeing how the whole thing ended up, I think anyone with even a tiny brain could conclude that it wasn't a masonic function, but a function that had masons involved.

Like when a guy get's an award for being a great asset to his company and he also happened to be a mason. It wasn't a masonic function. It's very hard to comprehend when your eyes are filled with blood from hatred and intolerance, but in the future, you may find a clearer way to look at things. WWJD?

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Record Executive : " Your fans are church folk, Johnny. Christians. They don't wanna hear you singing and playing for a bunch of murderers and rapists, trying to cheer em up!"

Johnny Cash : " Then they're not Christians."

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by protocolsoflove

Look Troll, may I call you troll? The revolution that helped start the United States did have some masons involved in the planning. But there were also masons in England. Seeing how the whole thing ended up, I think anyone with even a tiny brain could conclude that it wasn't a masonic function, but a function that had masons involved.

Like when a guy get's an award for being a great asset to his company and he also happened to be a mason. It wasn't a masonic function. It's very hard to comprehend when your eyes are filled with blood from hatred and intolerance, but in the future, you may find a clearer way to look at things. WWJD?

Jesus called your order out for what it is, the synagogue of satan. He would weep for you and all other people who have been blinded by wealth, materialism and lucifer.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

How would Jesus be able to call out Free and Accepted Masons? There's almost a1600 year gap between when he walked the earth and the Fraternities earliest beginnings. Taking bible passages and twisting them to suit your needs kind of goes against the whole point of interpreting an inspired book, doesn't it?

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

How would Jesus be able to call out Free and Accepted Masons? There's almost a1600 year gap between when he walked the earth and the Fraternities earliest beginnings. Taking bible passages and twisting them to suit your needs kind of goes against the whole point of interpreting an inspired book, doesn't it?

The religion of your "craft" began long, long ago.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join