It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DOOM is just happened. What will You Do?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
- Doom is just happened,
Some of this, or combined disasters like:
/alien attack
/massive earthquake
/world war 3
/solar flare, fancy sun burning all electronics etc.
/zombie attack
/massive flood
Etc_______

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Interesting question, but my answer is probably boring. For any of the mentioned scenarios, my response would be to "batten down the hatches". I will bug in as long as I can, so I'd be filling up bathtubs and whatnot with water, listening to the radio to see what I can learn about the events (unless of course, its an emp). Mostly I'd just be getting everything in order, make sure anything I might need during the night is readily available (in case of lost power). I suppose in the event of zombies or unfriendly aliens, I'd probably board up my windows pretty quickly, in a lame effort at making my home more secure. Mostly just checking over my supplies and evaluating/prioritizing needs. A whole lot of "hurry up and wait".

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
For any or all of the scenarios above, I would:

Simply raid all the KFCs.

Hey, if you know what's gonna hit the fan then you might as well party while you can

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by wwwchronos

if there is a WW3

I'm gonna wrap
myself in tinfoil.
bury myself just under the soil
while breathing thru a snorkel.

there I will just wait it out

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by spoonbender

if there is a WW3

I'm gonna wrap
myself in tinfoil.

I might just open a delivery service for guys like you! I'll make millions. I'll deliver the food, down the snorkel.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
NOTHING
if any of those scenarios happen it is out of our control so there is nothing we can do except maybe ride it out depending on how severe the disaster

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Depends on the scenario really.

1~ Ultimately, wait until the rest of my family gets home.
(if in immediate danger, take bag ... leave a note in the mail box letting my family know which plan I'm following and get the heck out)

2~ Determine the severity of the situation and the duration. (i.e~ do not go to plan A if hydro is only knocked out by lightning)

3~ If the situation dictates there is greater harm to my family by "bugging in" go to the preparedness plan that relates to the event in progress.

4~ Breathe easy, do not panic and stick to the outlined plans that took months to prepare.

If you have a plan for just about anything, you are calmer than if you had to think about what to do as the events unfold. Easily, you can use strategies from your planned scenarios to create another, more suitable action based on the plan(s) you already had if none are feasible to implement.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I would become extemely pro-active. Assisting those who where in need and setting up a place for people to hide out and begin their mission of survival. I would dig in, to any near by formidable structure and begin operations in defense, provisions or whatever may be applicable. I would become the groups leader and mount any and all appropriate measures to ensure the groups survival.
First Aid Teams.
Defense Teams.
Structure reinforcement teams.
Recon Teams.
Resource collection teams.
The group would compose of those who have the right mind-set of survival, no "good for nothing" people are allowed.
We would not be murderers, robbers, rapers or incolent fools.
But we would protect ourselves in exteme fashion for those who wish to pillage and plunder!
edit on 24-5-2012 by imagineering because: spell check

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by imagineering

Imagineering
Additional question:
2012 movie scenario
U survived,
World geographical order is different.
No one have claim on land.
You have opportunity to be a leader of all.
Info: to you are available all current technology and knowledge.
What will u do?
Will u restore economic system?
What is your primary, short and long run energy sources, nuclear power plant, wind, river damns, coal, will u support research new ways for energy sources etc?
Transportation systems?
Living area systems, like atlantis style maybe, todays high buildings etc?
Currently food is limited in next 30 years, cows, chickens. Will u support a Geneticly modified food, like clonning fishs, enginier a super big cows etc.
What is primary food sources, maybe buildings for growing food internaly etc.

Feel free to anyone to answer above.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by wwwchronos

Imagineering
Additional question:
2012 movie scenario
U survived,
World geographical order is different.
No one have claim on land.
You have opportunity to be a leader of all.
Info: to you are available all current technology and knowledge.
What will u do?
Will u restore economic system?
What is your primary, short and long run energy sources, nuclear power plant, wind, river damns, coal, will u support research new ways for energy sources etc?
Transportation systems?
Living area systems, like atlantis style maybe, todays high buildings etc?
Currently food is limited in next 30 years, cows, chickens. Will u support a Geneticly modified food, like clonning fishs, enginier a super big cows etc.
What is primary food sources, maybe buildings for growing food internaly etc.

Feel free to anyone to answer above.

That is alot of questions to answer my friend. Ill have to get back to you on that. I just cant half-ass the replies, its all in my mind but the translation of it all would take awhile and since I am at work I have no time.
Good questions!

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Take time. I today thinking about it.i Know many questions there is.
Anyway, when u have time to answer, i will be happy to read it.
Take care.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
If it is truly DOOM, I will probably give my kids a big hug and a kiss, then sit down and smoke a cigarette with no regrets.
That's if I got the chance. True DOOM would most likely involve me being burned/frozen/mashed to death without time to do those things.
If it isn't total doom, I'd get by like always, by the seat of my pants.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

my plan is the same for any apocalyptic scenario. get knocking on Sarah Brightmans door

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
As most of my waking hours are spent at work, I'm going to assume this happens when I'm at work, on a weekday.

So, regardless of the specific situation, I've pretty much got a strict protocol I'd follow.
1. Immediately head home, trying to beat the traffic jam.
2. While in the truck, heading home, call my wife, and tell her to expect me, (and start turning on the handheld radio every hour for 10 minutes, one hour from now (if cell phone isn't working or lines are jammed). Plan is that once close enough, I'll reply back and we'll coordinate from there.
3. Also while driving, send a mass text to certain friends and family, the short and sweet SHTF-Assemble text. They know what it is. Hopefully, they'll take it seriously, as I won't worry about trying to reach them again until I'm home.
4. My wife and our ranchhand are home, so they have things to do while I'm on the way. They worry about following up and coordinating with our friends and family. They also (if able) make last ditch runs to the local gas stations and fill up on gas, any empty propane tanks, and anything we're short on. If it really isn't in a panic, hit the local grocery store too. (it often takes time for people to really realize something is going on).... If they are able, go get a bunch of horse feed and hay, pet food.
5. Once home, contact anyone who hasn't responded, tell them to get on the way, and let me know if they take a different route. Close and lock all fence gates.
6. Fill up the main water barrels, any other water containers from the well.
7. Get the generators prepped, ready to go.
8. Coordinate with the neighbors (much easier to do on a rural ranch than in the city, where you don't even know them). Still tricky though, depending on how well they are prepped. Being in the country, they're more self-sufficient, but the longer the event, the more dangerous this becomes.
9. Organize the armed patrols (24/7). Assign tasks (working in garden, defensive patrols, taking care of horses/pets, cleaning, cooking, store runs/foraging, etc.).
10. Prep all sleeping areas for who made it there.
11. Start planning/rationing meals.
12. Stay together, stay hidden, stay safe.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by wwwchronos
- Doom is just happened,
Some of this, or combined disasters like:
/alien attack
/massive earthquake
/world war 3
/solar flare, fancy sun burning all electronics etc.
/zombie attack
/massive flood
Etc_______

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by faryjay

if there is a WW3

I'm gonna wrap
myself in tinfoil.