It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin Faces Chaos If Greek Turmoil Sparks Slump, Study Says

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Mikhail Dmitriyev of Strategic Research Centre told Bloomberg that Greece is more likely to exit than 50 percent and the subsequent domino effect in other countries leaving the euro zone.

The main threats to Russia's economy is deteriorating, which would increase the anti-Putin, the mood among the people, and increased political repression, it appears the government agree to a study published today by the Centre.

Vladimir Putin faces the risk of Russia’s political stability being shaken if Greece leaves the euro area, triggering a global crisis and sinking the price of oil, according to the Center for Strategic Studies in Moscow

Russia’s main risks are a worsening economy, which would swell anti-Putin sentiment, and increased political repression, according to a study published today by the institute, which advises the government.

If that would happen, i think if there were some tens of thousands of people on the streets in the bigger cities, it would not affect the slightest bit of the Russian government. They would get beaten up and everything will calm down again.
Second thought - maybe this is (Grexit) planned to stopping Russia to become too powerful

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I disagree OP.If Greece fall's, Russia and the B.R.I.C.S trade partners will benifit greatly.Just my 2 cents.

join