It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim Woman Asked to Remove Headscarf in NJ Mall

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
When I lived in Philly, I'd see these "ninjas" all over the place. They don't pose any threat, and they don't bother anyone. It's completely inappropriate AND un-American to discriminate against them because of their religious beliefs. Seriously, leave these people alone already. They're NOT terrorists.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
reply to post by smyleegrl

The most disturbing thing is this woman is born here, act American G**D***IT!!! It's one thing if you were born in a country that does that and it's part of your culture, quite another to degrade and lower yourself as an American wearing that to announce to the world your are less than your male counter parts. (Read up on why they are to wear this garment) It's a slap in the face to every freedom loving woman in America!

You're just a visitor on Native American land. You're welcome!

2nd

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by azulejo
reply to post by marg6043

because she is wearing a hijab she is a hoax or have a personal agenda?

Haven't yo read news? There are A LOT of Muslims in the world, whether you like it or not.

Jesus man, some people are quite intolerant.

No offense to some good Americans ("United Statians" as I call) No wonder why some people think Americans are quite ignorant.

For this person, please stay in your country or go only to resorts where people get paid quite low but good enough to cope with this kind of people.

There are many ignorant Americans, and as an American I can tell you that many people, as you can see have been well trained to accept exactly what was brain washed into them, which is the "Muslims are terrorists" belief. They have bought it hook, line, and sinker. It's really sad.

9/11 was not even perpetrated by Muslims, anyways..... even if it was, how is that woman, her culture, or her religion responsible for it?

It's like saying "Good Christian men caused the genocide of Native Americans, therefore, all Christians are murderers".

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManFromEurope

Originally posted by mysterioustranger
Good. If we went to her country, we would have to abide by their ways. Theyre here...so abide by ours.

BS! Your wife wouldn't have to wear a veil there, so why should that muslim woman remove hers in your mall?

Actually, women do have to abide by certain laws over there. They cant drive, they cant go out in public without a man with them. They are not allowed to show skin above their ankles or wrists.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by azulejo
reply to post by ldyserenity

I am sorry you cannot understand your Verizon technical advisor, that also happens in UK and they are workers in India and Bangladesh who get paid less than £1 an hour to do this job. New Delhi is a massive place for this kind of business.
Is it his/her fault though? Your fault isnt either but that is teh situation of the world.

You seem to feel really bad about it and you are completely right but seems like many people are also in your position and maybe a bit of tolerance and compassion from your part may be quite helpful.

Some Americans don't want to accept that there are actual real live people who live in other countries that happens to be part of planet earth. No, they want everyone to speak English, because in their mind, no one else exists outside the parameters of the United States, and those who do, should speak only English because that's what they speak.

I can't even tell you how nauseated I was one time, overhearing a woman scream in her phone, "GET ME AN AMERICAN TO TALK TO *expletive*!!!"

Why? Cause she's a white bred M'ericun, who has a right to her English speaking only service.

I got news for these types of people...... there are OTHER cultures and other people in the world who speak different languages.

GROW UP and see that there are other countries on planet earth, ya know?

I bet none of these white bred born Americans can speak the actual Native American languages that were here wayyyy before they got here. And look, Native American Indians have to put up with them.
edit on 25-5-2012 by Starchildren because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-5-2012 by Starchildren because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bixxi3
The smell of ignorance, hate and evil is strong in this thread.

They have been well trained by TPTB. They have become exactly as they were taught to be. We have spent a decade listening to anti Muslim rhetoric and have been forced to believe that all Muslims are terrorists, even innocent women out shopping.

I do hope some of them will break their training and learn how to be human again. It feels good.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

Abide by our ways???? Thats the very reason this country was formed. So that we could follow our own ways what ever those ways are. This is her way. This is part of her relegion and so our ways entitle her to that freedom. It seems you are the one who needs a refresher cours on what our ways are. She is an American citizen or did you miss that part.....

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
When I was a kid growing up, there was a popular sign, "No shoes, No shirt, No Service", because lots of people liked to run around barefoot without shoes.

I think, no visible face, no service should also apply.

They would probably also kick you out of the mall if you were running around barefoot without a shirt.

The whole head covering thing should not be allowed, any more than women are allowed to run around with their breasts exposed.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by nonono

No there are no laws regarding masks in NJ that I know of.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

NO, nonsense.

Their ways are an insult to our ways. Women should not be treated like slaves, nor run around covered head to toe.

Anymore than dropping trow and servicing ones self as a claim of religious beliefs should not be allowed, or human sacrifice.

I think the burqa is just as distasteful.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Come on. Wearing a burqa is equal with human sacrifice?

If they are here, in the US, there is no Sharia law, there is no repercussion for not wearing the thing, but they choose to wear it anyway, then how is that distasteful? No one is forcing them to wear it, they are wearing it voluntarily.

A lot of people think the super low cut jeans are distasteful, but I happen to be a very, very big fan of them!
Some people think the tramp stamps are distasteful, and I agree they make a girl look like a slut, but I'm happy some girls still choose to get them.

These days, a lot of women are offended by other women being stay at home mothers or housewives. Those same stay at home moms and housewives are feeling sorry for the women that have to go out and work everyday. Both think the other is enslaved by their lifestyle and if they could only change.

Why does anyone think they have the right to decide anything for anyone else? If the girl wants to wear a burqa, its fine with me. Maybe she is gorgeous under there? Maybe she is hideous? It's a little alluring to wonder about. It doesn't make them any more or less attractive, or more or less "free" here in the US.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Hecate666

The whole Burka, Hajib veil thing is not an expression of any kind of freedom it is a symbol of the womans role in Islamic society which is to say she has none. She is a non entity and chattel to her husband. She may only be viewed by her husband (read Master) .
Now her right to wear it, that is another thing entirely and here in the good ol USA she is free to wear what ever she wants ( barring obsenity) . The real question is this, Is this her choice or her husbands choice?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

I agree with you - I find the veil distasteful but I also find it WELL within this woman's rights to wear it wherever she pleases. It's funny, the veil is essentially a product of Muslim's men's control over women there - they control them by forcing to conceal. However, Western/(presumably) Christian men's control in the West is flipped - you must always be exposed! Concealing yourself is blasphemy! Like, even to the point of trying to take the veil from her face. Veil or no veil, it is a HUMAN right (this includes women, fellas) to dress as you please and go unmolested.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

I can't believe we're having this discussion.

It sounds like, "They talk funny, they dress funny, they look funny, they don't belong 'round these here parts!"

Freedom, true freedom is defending something you may not even agree with.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

The real question is this, Is this her choice or her husbands choice?

Is there a difference? Do you ever dress a certain way to please your husband? Does he ever dress a certain way to please you? My wife has some god-awful old lady shorts. Sometimes she wears them around the house, but if we get ready to leave I say, "are you really wearing those?" She gives me a hard time for a few minutes, but then she goes and puts on some cute jeans or jean shorts instead. Sometimes I'm working around the house, in the doorag and ripped camo shorts, and then we get ready to leave, and she says, "are you going to change?" To which I reply, "Do I have to?" And she just stares, and I go change.

Is it such a terrible thing to dress in a way that your spouse approves of?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Isn't the face veil only a practice in some countries and not in others.I don't think it is a requirement for a muslim woman to cover their face.So technically they can tell them to remove the veil without going against their religious freedom.Plus how do they get a passport or pass customs.Ones born here how do they travel to their mecca or do they not travel at all.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Starchildren

I'm sorry I have a bad time hearing english, I'm old but the ones with thick accents I really can't understand you know if they got me a spanish speaking one even I could understand spanish, no I didn't study punjabi, I studied french and spanish and italian, if they hand the phone to anyone of those language speaking folk I could actually understand the person on the phone. Maybe if they had told us at school we were going to need Punjabi, I would have taken it...but nobody could have foreseen that, not that it was even available at our school. Oh and one crazy teacher I had said to learn chinese cause they were gonna run the world by now.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by draco49
When I lived in Philly, I'd see these "ninjas" all over the place. They don't pose any threat, and they don't bother anyone. It's completely inappropriate AND un-American to discriminate against them because of their religious beliefs. Seriously, leave these people alone already. They're NOT terrorists.

The ninjas of Philly and I shopped at a lot of the same places - they've got good taste in clothes and shoes. Mostly American too, a.k.a. our own people. I feel like I would hate wearing the veil, but it's almost like a cloak of invisibility - it would be a fun experiment to see how differently I would be treated when wearing it. Unfortunately, I don't think it achieves the result of deflecting attention and ogling, quite the opposite, because apparently no one was taught that staring is RUDE.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

So you're a police officer? Didn't think so, I have twwo mayors in my family from that state and several police officers in my family in NJ. There are plenty laws YOU probably don't know about. I do because of my family. Even in school we could not wear masks at halloween at the PUBLIC school (I don't doubt other areas didn't follow that rule). I am telling you you can sit here and argue with me all day, but I know, I also worked in two malls in NJ as a retail clerk several different times. I think I know better than you.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger
Of course I read it....If this is her country...all the more reason to abide by laws. Relgious freedon, of course. But, I still hold the same opinion.

If a religious sect here...say a grown man walks down the street kissing a preteen girl becasue his religion says its ok ...and they are "married"....you'd be fine with that going on in front of you? Thats religious freedom...rt?

I wouldn't be okay with it personally, but I would tolerate it as long as the girl was not being held against her will.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join