It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim Woman Asked to Remove Headscarf in NJ Mall

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
The smell of ignorance, hate and evil is strong in this thread.

How would you mothers feel if you were out shopping with your kids when some guy comes up to you and removes a piece of clothing that made you feel like you were reveling a private part of yourself?
How would you husbands feel hearing that happened to your wife?
If more people put themselves in other peoples shoes then the world would probably be a better place.

This site is so annoying now i don't know why i come here
edit on 24-5-2012 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

I just want to tell many of the posters here to please do their own research when it come to religion.talk to the people involved.Niqab=Denigrating?why is it so?Believe it or not,most of the muslim women i know,wear it by choice,just like the christians wear their cross,just like the hat the jews hasidic wear.Stop trying to conform
everything to you....and this was brought to you by a non muslim....

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
The responses in this thread are proof that the brainwashing of the feeble-minded American people is working in order to destroy The Constitution and The Bill of Rights.

Seriously, do you people have sleepless nights in fear of terrorists under your bed?

Maybe next we should ban women from wearing purses in public, men from carrying briefcases, cowboys from wearing 10 gallon hats, etc.

What a joke

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by porschedrifter
You can never be to careful.
You never know when a ninja is going to strike.

Dude. it sounds funny, but it happened here near me! It is a huge tragedy, and completely unnecessary. Not really relevant to this thread, but ninja attacks do occur.

Video shows chilling 'ninja' attack.

The generous elderly couple were murdered and some of their foster kids had to witness the well-orchestrated ninja attack.

The video from last Thursday showed three armed, masked men arriving in a red van, entering through the front of the house and then returning to the vehicle. Others dressed in what the sheriff called "ninja garb" went in through an unlocked utility door in the back. They were in and out in under 10 minutes.

The sheriff would not say what, if anything, was stolen.

Some of the nine children in the house at the time were sleeping, but several others saw the break-in, authorities said. One left the house and went to get a neighbor, who called 911.

"I think you'll find this particularly chilling and here's why: We have a team that enters at the rear of the home and another that enters at the front of the home," Morgan said. "It leads me to believe this was a very well-planned and methodical operation."

Today's arrests bring the total number up to six but Morgan said as many as eight people may have been involved.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by luccadeo
I don't have an issue with this. She is in America and should abide by our laws.

Our laws say freedom of religion. So what law is she breaking? Just because a mall says they won't allow something in no way makes a law.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by snarky412

Originally posted by buster2010

Originally posted by luciddream
You can practice religion, but when i see this i see domination of women, and as well as security threat.

Oh really domination of women? If a nun were to walk into that mall would they be forced to remove part of their garments as well? Because their religion is dominating them as well.

I always laugh when I hear security threat. People that say this has already let the terrorist win.

A Nun's face CAN BE seen......

The woman in the picture, her face is obscured which CAN NOT be seen nor identified if a situation called for it.

Mall security has their own rules to abide by. Either accept or shop some where else......

So? She could still be hiding a bomb under that big hat. And they should shop somewhere else because would want to shop at a mall that is racist and wants to strip Americans of their rights.
edit on 24-5-2012 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by maddog99

If they wear those items over their faces in a shopping mall then fine by me.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
She has every right to wear it or choose not to. This is the USA.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

I don't have an issue with this. She is in America and should abide by our laws.

Our laws say freedom of religion. So what law is she breaking? Just because a mall says they won't allow something in no way makes a law.

Once again, libertarianism ideologies solve the problem.

Let the MALL OWNERS decide if they want to allow people inside with their faces covered. It is their
mall after all. They can choose to allow, or not allow whatever they want....and then let the people
vote with their feet....if citizens exist that are scared of religious folks with their face covered they
can go to a mall where the rule is "no covered faces."

The system will police itself. If you run a bigoted or racially insensitive establishment where color
of skin, or religious garb, or whatever is disallowed by your establishment then you will either be
rewarded or punished financially according to popular appeal

Imagine a restaurant who decides not to serve Muslims or Jews....I for one, would not spend my money
there. Others may, but it would all still come out in the wash. If your establishment is too
bigoted, your establishment will fail...if your establishment is totally tolerant of all people, then only
people with no prejudice will feel comfortable spending their money with you. It is all give-and-take
based on society's values at the time...a reward and punishment (in real time), not subject to static
laws which do not change.

As another member pointed out, we may be heading for a society where women carrying purses
will be seen as threats because the contents of the purse could be a threat to everyone.

You've gotta draw the line somewhere, else the do-gooders of society will have us all undergoing
searches of our home to make sure we pose no threat to ourselves or to anyone else...

You might think I am making light of the subject...but you are driving around in your car by yourself,
harming no one, under the threat of penalty, fine, and incarceration for not taking care of YOURSELF
by wearing a seatbelt.....where do you draw the line?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

These full face coverings should be banned throughout the Western world; those who do wear them usually are homegrown and do it to cause a stir. These women need to grow up and stop acting like stupid little children to get attention. I hate these full face coverings and there's no room for them in our world (except if a woman's face is severely scarred).

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Sorry but those veils are a security risk. And the look ridiculous. Like some kind of kkk garb. Bottom line stores or malls in this case have the right to refuse service to anyone they chose. After all, it is not a publicly owned place right?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by smyleegrl

These full face coverings should be banned throughout the Western world; those who do wear them usually are homegrown and do it to cause a stir. These women need to grow up and stop acting like stupid little children to get attention. I hate these full face coverings and there's no room for them in our world (except if a woman's face is severely scarred).

Maybe you should take your own advice and grow up as well. And while your at it read the constitution she has the right to wear it.

But it looks like your all for stripping people of their rights. Or is it just people you are afraid of?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Once again the "Real American" blathering right wing, all up on the forcing their views down someone else's throat. The most humorous ones are the supporters of the "champion of liberty" Ron Paul. Then you have the ones stupid enough to champion the guard's actions as acting appropriately on a security basis. The thing that gets me these are the same clown college graduates that cry about the nanny state and Government intrusion into their lives, None of you are against either of these things so long as it is providing the outcome you desire. For those that cry about the property owners right to send her packing, that issue was settled long ago. It is simply the cost of doing business in this country that you cannot discriminate against who is patronizing your business and for good reason. It is a mall why should she have to go out of her way to purchase what she needs to purchase because some bigot decided to open a mall? It makes zero sense.
edit on 24-5-2012 by KeliOnyx because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Right so I am Pagan and some people beleive that full natural state of being is being unclothed, so we should let them walk into our malls naked then? If I tried that and said "It's my religion" I'd still be arrested for indecent exposure, I do realize there are colonies for nudists, but let's pretend there isn't just for this hypothetical. Now you see where the problem lies? Hell christians could actually follow this too, because it was only after they ( ADAM AND EVE) ate the apple in the garden that they saw they were naked and used coverings to hide their bodies!

edit on 24-5-2012 by ldyserenity because: clarification

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by rival

Once again, libertarianism ideologies solve the problem.

Let the MALL OWNERS decide if they want to allow people inside with their faces covered. It is their
mall after all. They can choose to allow, or not allow whatever they want....and then let the people
vote with their feet....if citizens exist that are scared of religious folks with their face covered they
can go to a mall where the rule is "no covered faces."

The system will police itself. If you run a bigoted or racially insensitive establishment where color
of skin, or religious garb, or whatever is disallowed by your establishment then you will either be
rewarded or punished financially according to popular appeal

Imagine a restaurant who decides not to serve Muslims or Jews....I for one, would not spend my money
there. Others may, but it would all still come out in the wash. If your establishment is too
bigoted, your establishment will fail...if your establishment is totally tolerant of all people, then only
people with no prejudice will feel comfortable spending their money with you. It is all give-and-take
based on society's values at the time...a reward and punishment (in real time), not subject to static
laws which do not change.

Maybe in some fictional fantasyland, In an ideal world your solution could work, unfortunately the world is neither ideal nor people perfect. people are generally apathetic to such things. If it is closer, open and has what they intend to purchase few will travel further to get it because of some principled objection. This is why civil rights legislation was passed in the first place.

People are irrational, business owners will willingly make less money to keep certain groups out. It is poor business sense but they will do it. Consumers don't typically want to be bothered with moral and policy issues to shop. It makes absolutely no sense to require someone to have to go out of their way or neighborhood to shop for groceries because some bigot had the resources to open a grocery store. It makes even less sense for that person to have to pay for the extra fuel to go out of their way to do so.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

You're right about that. Don't women reporters who cover the middle east have to cover their hair with a scarf when they are in countries like Saudia Arabia?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
Right so I am Pagan and some people beleive that full natural state of being is being unclothed, so we should let them walk into our malls naked then? If I tried that and said "It's my religion" I'd still be arrested for indecent exposure, I do realize there are colonies for nudists, but let's pretend there isn't just for this hypothetical. Now you see where the problem lies? Hell christians could actually follow this too, because it was only after they ( ADAM AND EVE) ate the apple in the garden that they saw they were naked and used coverings to hide their bodies!

edit on 24-5-2012 by ldyserenity because: clarification

Not the same. The laws concerning nudity are as much for health reasons as prudish religious ones. To help keep your body lice, ringworms, crabs and other nasty things you may be cooking up on your person. Wearing a head scarf is not a possible health risk to you. As for the security risk excuse sorry it is part of the risk you take when establishing a free society. You simply can't be both.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Is a Scotsman oppressed by wearing a kilt ?, Lol,
so how are women 'oppressed' by clothing ?

only dumb americans would say so if it suited their purpose.
Good thing he didn't ask Santa to shave, to show his bare face;
Is it like this in China ? ? ?
will wigs/toupees become illegal ? heavy make-up/tanning ?

edit on 24/5/12 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Some Dallas Malls are cracking down on baggy hip hop pants.
Why should headscarves be any different?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Some Banks have a "No hat and sunglasses" rule, so i could see her being forced to remove it in an instance like that.... but if the mall has no such rule (Which it probably doesnt) and she's being singled out, then it's wrong.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join